9/6 USOC Coverage?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by 98FireFan, Aug 25, 2006.

1. 98FireFan

98FireFan New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Is anyone aware of radio/tv/other coverage of Wednesday's match v. DC?

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Checking on a webcast. DC does radio with theguywhohasn'ttakenabreathsince2002. I doubt we'll do TV. Comcast DC may have already blown their budget televising the Real Madrid friendly, but I can't speak for them.

So my advice is to go to the game. :)

3. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good move by the team to send out free tickets and parking pass to the game to Club/Suite season ticket holders. Also they increased the tickets prices to $20 ($15 if you order in advance) for the game against DC on 9/6.

4. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One week to the game and I have had nothing in the mail (half plan season ticket holder) about the game or tickets. Probably get an email 2 hours before kick off about the game. Great marketing

5. Keep parents away

Keep parents away New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Greenville SC
    I'm coming up to Chicago Wed night for business and I will attend the game.

What is the best way to get to the game from O'hare ?

Plus where should I stay after the game?

Thanks for any help.

6. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    If you're coming to town on business, isn't your company putting you up in a hotel?

Will you have a car?

7. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Season ticket holder but not club or suite - they sent me free tickets (sweet) but not a parking pass. Don't worry - I'm not bitching.

Let's go get that cup!

As regards coverage - I thought FSC was picking up the last two rounds....?

8. SparkeyG

SparkeyG Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Mokena, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Keep parents away

Keep parents away New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Greenville SC
    Unfortunately, its my little company and I will not have a car. Someone on Thursday is picking me up in Bridgeview (midway) to take me to their co.

Thanks

10. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you could spring for a cab from O'Hare to Toyotal Park, or you could catch the shuttle bus that runs between O'Hare and Midway airport. On game day, there are shuttle buses that run between Midway and Toyota Park every 20 minutes (before and after the game).

If you take the bus back to Midway after the game you can probably stay at anyone of the hotels around the airport (e.g. Holiday Inn) that offers free shuttle service to and from the airport.

11. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What time do you get in?
    A ride for the cost of one stadium beer may be possible.
    PM me if interested.

12. greystreet15

greystreet15 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL, USA

Makes sense economically. The Galaxy are playing here for the league match on SAT 9/23, so if they advance to the final along with the Fire, then they wouldn't have to make an extra trip.

Obviously you cannot take anything for granted regarding the semifinal results, but I'm sure US Soccer had to have taken this into consideration.

13. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    don't know if CSN-MA had to pony up any money for the trip to Seattle for the United/Madrid friendly, but I know DC United had to spend some significant money on it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/03/AR2006080301330.html
    --------------
    United has made significant progress toward arranging live TV coverage of Wednesday's exhibition against Real Madrid in Seattle, club officials said, and Comcast SportsNet has emerged as the top candidate. It will cost the club approximately $35,000 to finalize the deal. Kickoff is set for 11 p.m. . . .
    --------------

this USOC semi-final is exactly the type of game that CSN could produce and share on it's Chicago and Mid-Atlantic feeds.

CSN-MA has a replay (delayed broadcast) of college football from the weekend lined up for next Wed night.
    7:00pm College Football: Virginia @ Pittsburgh (DB)

but of course MLB takes precedent, and CSN-Chicago is committed to the Cubbies that night.
    7:00p Pittsburgh @ Cubs (LIVE)

is FSC scheduled to carry the final on 9/27?

who might show the semi-finals? these are good match-ups.

14. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I dunno... I thought FSC was covering the semis as well, but apparently not...
    Sucky ass puddle of suck.

15. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I'm a 1/2 season ticket holder. Got my letter in the mail on Monday. I'll send it to you as a PDF if you want it, just send me a PM.

16. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
  17. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    I wonder if FSC will give updates on USOC semi-final scores during their telecast of:

Wed Sep 06 07:00PM Central
    Wed Sep 06 08:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US
    Women's College Soccer
    St. Louis vs Marquette