9/6: Jeff Bradley

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by jmeissen0, Sep 6, 2002.

1. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Note to self: Get life."

Lives are highly overrated.

2. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    In the opinions of us bigsoccer addicts it seems.

3. Tejas

Tejas Member+

Jun 3, 2000
    Tejas
    "Any way Ruiz’ goal in the Open Cup – the first one vs. Dallas, the 30-yard missile – could be MLS Goal of the Year? "

True.

4. JAnderson14

JAnderson14 New Member

Oct 5, 2000
    Crofton, MD
    How does it compare to Santino Quaranta's similar goal against Dallas?

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it count as MLS Goal of the Year since it was scored in a US Open Cup game? My guess is, no.

None, as long as its not Kansas City.

6. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Jeff that the conference system is good for the league right now.

I can't believe he turned off the Metros-Dallas game after two minutes. He had to know the Metros were going to give up at least one goal. Interestingly, Clint wasn't even on the field when the Metros scored the last two.

Can someone tell me who "Marqhinho" is?

7. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I think he was kidding.

8. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel dumb. Time for another cup of coffee. :)

9. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    marquinho played 1 year for colorado, i believe he was from peru.

10. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Kansas City has the world's most passionate soccer fans. It's a little known fact, but nevertheless. Manchester, Milan, Liverpool. None of these cities come close to the true passion of KC.

11. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    I missed the sarcasm, but I think you mean Kansas City is known for its LACK of passion.

12. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How?

13. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    To quote JB last week:

"the Metros (are) an incredible 16-0-2 in games when Mathis scores a goal"

He predicted last week if Clint can score a goal or an assist in every game forth, they'll win the Cup. So when Clint scored in minute 2, it was all over as far as he was concerned.
    http://www.mlsnet.com/content/02/spot0830bradley.html

14. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I am being entirely serious. Let me first debunk the myth of the passionate European fan. You hear the chanting, the screaming, the great spectacle and think that they are passionate. In reality, these are symptoms of stark boredom. Much like road trippers who amuse themselves by singing and other trivialities, the European fan is simply passing the time. He has little to see and cares even less. What else can he do? In contrast, Kansas City fans see the beautiful game as it was meant to be. So enthralled is the KC fan by the wizardry of maestros like Chris Klein, Nick Garcia, and Tony Meola, that not a word can be uttered. The fans are simply breathless.

Perhaps the misconception of the listless KC fan is a result of the published attendance figures. I hesitate to say this, but the figures are a complete fiction perpetrated by a man who refuses to pay his share of income taxes. In reality, as anyone who has ever attended a Wizards game can attest, the Wizards draw around 40,000 per match. It would be more, but Hunt restricts the number of tickets. That's the "soccer capacity" business you hear so much about. A completely full Arrowhead Stadium would make it impossible for Hunt to evade the IRS.

I can hear the objections already. "I've seen Wizards games on TV and there is no way that there are more than a few thousands fans." Ah, but have you really? When was the last time you saw a Wizards game on television? Now, think hard and long because the Wizards are NEVER on tv. Now you know why.

15. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You amuse me almost as well as a Mel Brooks movie.

16. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    jeff is surprised that no team has been mathematically eliminated when 8 out of 10 teams qualify?