9/5/02: Job Hunting

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by GPK, Sep 5, 2002.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

shh... okie people can't do math, so they were hoping that would slide through and no one would notice the 7.5 yard end zones

:D

2. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks efren95.

Doesn't seem to make since though. He has to register and get his International pass....but he can't get his International Pass until he's done with the G season?

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    how would that ruiz thing even be possible with the transfer window that fifa just established, and wouldn't mls & the galaxy be ok with this?

4. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not if the G's/MLS don't own him outright (which they don't)

5. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    they don't??

i thought they did, that blows

6. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Wonder if that idea was tossed around by the Revs. Thing is, they would have to open more concession stands and have more security personnel etc. = higher operating costs. I imagine with the current attendance numbers, they'd rather keep operating costs down and keep us in the horseshoe type formation except when hosting doubleheaders or international matches.

7. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Smiles commercials need to be edited. Last time I saw one it still showed Ramos, Causey and Wright in Revs uniforms. Granted, you don't see them for too long and any casual (for lack of a better term) fan probably wouldn't know the difference.

However, I would be happy to edit the commercial for them if they so desire.

8. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    NEWSFLASH: Football games have been played for years at Wantland on the 120 yd dimensions... the 345 x 225 would be soccer dimensions due to setting up the goals at each end... so what if the syntax isn't quite right... it's the friggin' suburban Edmond Sun... not the Kansas City Star.

So, where's YOU'RE SOCCER STADIUM and what are it's dimensions???

DON'T HAVE ONE???...

DIDN'T THINK SO...

Move KC... :)

9. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how much money the Revs actually save by using the horseshoe seating arrangement.

I wouldn't think they'd need to open up that many additional concession stands if they sold seats on both sides of the stadium.

And I doubt too many additional security personnel would need to be hired since some of them could be shifted from the endzones to the opened up side.