9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MinnesotaScouser

Mar 29, 2005
    St Paul, Minnesota
    The Minnesota Brigade will be there in large numbers.

2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Oh....forgot to mention...

We'll also have our cigars with us this time so we don't have to bum them. :) That was fun after the game last year.

3. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'll be there too repping for So Cal and the LA riot squad

4. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    This has been somewhat mentioned before, but I'm worried about it nonetheless:

With the raised profile of this rivalry, the potential that this match might mean a whole lot for World Cup qualifying, the fact that the match falls on a holiday weekend, the stadium capacity is somewhat limited than other stadiums, and the fact that back in 2001 in the dead of winter tickets for this very qualifying match up quickly became hard to come by (Ticketmaster sold out), do you think there will be a problem getting tickets through either Sam's Army or the US Soccer Fan pre-sale?

I'm worried because of my experiences getting tickets to this very match back in 2001. I had been shut out via Ticketbastard and, through a ploy of desperation, contacted a friend who had just moved to Columbus and who had also just signed up for season tickets and given the opportunity to purchase tickets even AFTER the pre-sale period expired for Columbus season ticket holders. I hit jackpot when she sweet-talked the guy at CCS into finding and selling her an extra two tickets. Without that I fear I would've been left to watch at home.

5. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we can be sure that Mexico fans are registered with the USSF as fans and will get tickets through TicketMaster.

6. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    Culos

7. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    For US Soccer fans worried about not getting tickets. Stop. Grab a beer. Drink it.

If you're a fan, and you know you're coming to C'bus for this game, you'll get a ticket.

Stop all the worrying...

9. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Amen Brother Fid.

10. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose the North End will be open to first come first serve standing?....we will not have to stand at our designated seat assignment on the ticket, right?

11. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Prozac , prozac, prozac, prozac, prozac, prozac

LOL : )
    All in fun.

12. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Hotels/motels near Columbus Crew Stadium?

13. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You're right, fid!
    New plan:

If by chance I get locked out of tickets, I will attempt to scalp an extra or, if game time is pressing, steal one from a father of three whose middle child is more interested in concession lines than corner kicks.

And if that doesn't land me a ticket, I'll hunt down Bigdog and steal his Prozac and then, if the calming medication doesn't help my nerve endings fire electric pulses the way they should, search for fidlerre and demand his ticket; and on the way out, with ticket in hand and a smile on my face, I will grab his last beer. :)

15. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    :) Bully, you'll get in , don't worry, even if we have to put a sombero on you :p :p and scalp from the Mexican fans LOL
    TGIF, bd

16. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'

If we have any updated on Hotel status' to pass on it would be greatfully appreciated in the above thread. As of now we have the Best Western, Hyatt Regency, Days Inn, and German Village being sold out. And the Renaissance Hotel (old Adam's Mark) and Crown Plaza next in the cue.

**There is also a interesting bit below about camping at the State fairground next to to Crew Stadia. Cheap and fun.

http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=event&Mid=70

17. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Or, find an Englishman who's well-versed in getting past turnstiles without a ticket to help you out. One of the guys from DC lost his ticket to the last game there was this diversion thing and, don't you know it, he ended up in the stadium.

18. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ah, yes... Where there's a will... [you know the rest] :)

I will snort Bigdog's Prozac. I will drink Fid's beer. I will follow the Brit. And I will get my butt into the Mexico match so that we, as a soccer nation, can collectively send the Tri-colores back south of the border with a healthy loss and a slip back into 2nd place.

19. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering I saw this topic discussed on the Mexico forum on BS, I'm pretty sure I'm not making this up.

20. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they should ask a qualifying question like, "how many people can fit in a ford festiva?" If they say more than 4 they can't buy tickets.

21. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    scanning through I don't think this has been posted yet..

im planning on coming in from NE PA, what area should I try for seats in? is there already a section the US fans will be sitting in?

I went to RFK for the Panama WCQ and was stuck in a group of Panama fans.. it sucked!

22. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Shouldn't matter, you'll be able to stand in the US supporter's section regardless of where your tickets are. I think the Sam's Army website will be selling tickets, tho.

23. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    We need to get Hunt or Anschutz to buy every seat in the house then only sell them on to US fans....:D

24. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    What they ought to do is set up some kind of points system where the people who go to more US games get first priority on the tickets. That way if the Mexicans want to be sure of going you at least force them to buy tickets to some other games and put money into the USSF.