9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CA-SA

CA-SA Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Brownsville, TX
    USSF also called me... they got my fax but dumb ass me forgot to write down the the amount of tixs that I wanted. I told them that I was just so excited about the tixs that it slipped my mind. Guy was cool about the whole thing and told me not to worry, i wasn't the only one. USSF Rules!

2. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been checking my CC online statement a few times a day.. still hasn't shown up yet.. I was paranoid I did something stupid, so i double checked my credit card number, all was good

no phone call, so hopefully my CC site is just a little slow

3. Dynamo73

Dynamo73 New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Cleveland
    Misery loves company. I faxed mine on Friday at 5:15 Central. No e-mail, no phone call, no credit card charge, no nuthin'. I know they're swamped, so I won't add to their burden by calling to inquire now, but I'll have to know one way or the other by the 26th so I know whether to buy in the USSoccer presale.

4. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I faxed mine about the same time..

here.. have some SJ optimism.. "Believe" ;)

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's another tidbit, or fact review.

If you're driving, the best option is to park at the fairgrounds lot for $10, and take the shuttle over to campus (no additional fee). After the game, take it back. Parking on campus is $10 for university lots, different prices for privately owned lots. I've seen as high as $15 for some lots, and there's $10 university lots closer. Plus, post-game OSU traffic can be a real PITA, especially for people trying to get out in a hurry.

We're trying to work on a deal where you can keep your car at the fairgrounds shuttle lot until after the US-Mexico game. It's usually the same lot as where you'd park for Crew Stadium events, but since the Crew Stadium lot doesn't open until 3:30, it might be a bit different. Driving less than 2 miles, and paying another parking fee would suck, we agree.

6. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Seeing the majority of out of towners will not be going to OSU for pointy ball any chance of the locals beggging the Crew folks to open the lots early for SA seeing we have nothing else to do all day ?? I think we did this last time and they accomodated us with a earlier lot time with somekind of pass or code you gave at the gate.
    Bd

7. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
  8. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Other "Soccer" Things To Do

Was browsing the Ohio State website...

Ohio State Men's Soccer home games (Tix $5):

OSU vs. MARQUETTE MSO
    Friday, September 2, 2005 at 7:30 pm

OSU vs. NEW MEXICO MEN'S SOCCER
    Sunday, September 4, 2005 at 2:30 pm

Not sure what OSU is ranked, but if memory serves correctly they're not to shabby.

9. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    OSU-Miami (OH) Tickets?

Couldn’t find ticket information on the OSU website for the Saturday (9/3 @ 12 PM) pointy-ball game versus Miami (OH), leading me to believe tickets for OSU games are for the most part either all sold out or only exclusively given to students and alumni.

Can someone familiar with OSU pointy-ball games give a run down on getting tickets to the Ohio State game? Can I get tickets in advance? Do I have to resort to scalping? Or will there be a window open day-of game?

(Please forgive me if this has been posted previously.)

10. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    Will there be some kind of bus/shuttle from downtown Columbus to Crew Stadium (and back)? How about one with a several kegs on board?

11. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just noticed my available credit is $80 less than my balance.. which is the amount of my 2 tickets :D

CBus, here I come!!

12. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know how far away the German Village Inn is from the stadium? I think I'll be renting a car for the weekend anyways, but I'm just curious.

13. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: OSU-Miami (OH) Tickets?

I hate to be an ass but -- this thread is here for this reason, look through it, there is plenty of information posted by myself and a few other fellow Columbus folks regarding OSU Point-Ball tickets and how you can/cannot get them.
    It's being investigated.
    Mapquest says 5.5 miles. Much too far to walk if that's what you're asking.

14. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm getting a rental car, so unless it breaks down, I'm OK.

15. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

I'd like propose that we try to arrange it so that the most vocal and leader types meet up prior to the match along with any drummers so that they can go in as a group a bit early and get situated down front for maximum organization, coordination, and leadership of what's going to perhaps be the largest Sam's Army section.

As those of you active with your own supporters groups know, it's best to have the most vocal down front with the drummers for coordination purposes, to prevent different chants over one another, and to be able to turn around and make eye contact and motion to those above is best for getting and keeping everyone involved. Obviously getting the drums together keeps time better. For a WCQ against Mexico we should spare no organizational opportunities.

16. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    For the sake of sanity, Lets not have this thread be all "My credit Card wasnt charged yet", "My snail mail hasnt made it to Chicag" thread PLEASE. Were all big boys and gals (I think?), and I am sure if something doesnt seem right you will end well. If you need help with something ask, don't whine. Somebody will suggest the right course and everything will be fine. Nobody who wants to be at this match will be left out except El Tr fans. All due respect.
    THX Bd

Take more prozac and eat more snitzel

17. alliu23

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sounds like someone needs a hug

18. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

An answer:

19. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA

Thank you, DJ! I had seen these posts earlier and knew I'd probably find an answer somewhere in the 34 pages of posts... but I was admittedly too LAZY (actually, I didn't have enough time).

20. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I got a call today, confirming the order!!!

21. micheal

micheal New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My credit card charges showed up this morning! We are coming to Columbus! I am not sure what to be more excited about: T&T in Hartford, because it is coming up in a little over three weeks or Mexico in Columbus because it is Mexico and it may be the game where we qualify for the cup.

Who here is going to both matches? Any thoughts on your excitement level?

22. NE_Tea_Men_'78

NE_Tea_Men_'78 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    Central Mass.

I'll be at both! I hope that the special US-Mexico scarf arrives before T & T. That way, I can "show off" in East Hartford.

I am looking forward to the Columbus match much more. I missed the Foxboro WCQ against Mexico. I could only watch in awe at the last WCQ against Mexico in Columbus. Favorite poster: "Warm Up the Donkey Hombre!" This is Mexico. It doesn't get any bigger than this.

Right now, I am seriously considering a trip to the Swamp for the US-Panama Gold Cup final.

23. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Last Day For Supporter Tickets!!!!!!!

What the hell you waiting for??? : ) LOL

LAST DAY-TODAY!!!!! -FRIDAY 7-22 * 5:00 pm EST

WE NEED YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone the neighbors, wake the kids, even Drew Carey is in SA for this one!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=event&Mid=70

24. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Re: Last Day For Supporter Tickets!!!!!!!

Stop posting that, it just keeps making me wish it were actually true :/

25. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Re: Last Day For Supporter Tickets!!!!!!!

But it is ;)