9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayduke

Hayduke Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Pleasanton, CA
    How do you become eligible for the U.S. soccer pre-sale? Do you have to donate money to the US Soccer Foundation or something?

2. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    I'll probably be driving down Friday sometime.

3. MelH

MelH Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Kalispell

4. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just booked my hotel.

Now I have to see about how to book a seat from DC to C-bus on the WCX!!!

5. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone can do it. You can be sure there will be plenty of Mexico fans signed up as US Suppoters. I hope the Crew season ticket holders buy all the seats for this.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10 minutes with traffic, not counting the throngs of people leaving the OSU area.

Best thing to do (and it has been discussed and will be done) would be to park at CCS, ride the shuttle over to Ohio Stadium and after the game, ride it back to CCS.

7. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, now I'm getting worried that I won't be able to get seats. I guess if I do it the moment the presale starts, I can still get them. Why won't these tickets go on sale already, so that way I can quit worrying.

8. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wouldn't worry too much about getting the tickets. On the other hand it is nice to see so many fans willing to fight for soccer tickets and be this concerned about when they go on sale. When more of this generation has children and we take our kids to games(like so many on here do), then we will have a generation of american soccer players playing, going to and watching soccer on TV. Ticket popularity might be one sign of growth. To attract the non-soccer fans it's important for them to realize that the atmosphere that surrounds the game is so important. It's like a Red Sox/Patriots opening day to buy tickets. sorry from boston

9. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I'm worried too, but I'm trusting the guys that always get the tickets for Sam's Army. Its frustrating knowing that I could already have tickets on the way to me, but I appreciate their efforts to create the section for games, so I'll wait patiently.

10. MelH

MelH Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Kalispell
    :confused: How would you be able to all ready have tickets on the way?

11. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    Ha! This has got to be one of the most unintentionally humorous posts I've seen in awhile.

It's nice to know that our supporters group is just as open as our country's borders. I'm really tempted to buy too many tix, just to make sure they don't go to mehico fans.

12. avocats

avocats Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly--"residents," but not cheering for the US.

13. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Folks, tickets will not go on sale for some time. Probably at least another month or more...

Just relax...ordering information will be made known far enough in advance for you to get tickets.

14. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Posted in the wrong thread....opps :)

15. avocats

avocats Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not to mention get cheap airfares. We fly all over to follow the team and it ain't cheap.

16. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    Looks like it costs mucho dinero to fly from Denver to C-Bus.... It's half the price to fly into Cleveland and drive down.

17. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    If it's only 2 miles I may just walk it. Of course that would cut down into tailgating time. Is there anything on the stretch between the 2 stadiums??...to clarify, by "anything" I mean "liquor stores"...also, what are the open container laws like in Ohio??

18. gswitatrophy

gswitatrophy Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Tillamook, Oregon
    heres an idea for those of us going but not in the colum. season ticket holder circle. make friends with a season ticket holder or contact one and make arrangements. ergo we buy all the tickets we possibly can through the c bus ticket holders and limit the amount any mexi's can get. just make sure ur buddy is honest and isnt going to run off with ur tickets.

19. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The walk is not bad, especially since it is game day. On the walk, you should hit multiple gas station/convenience stores (no state liquor agenices on the way).

The open container laws will vary. Around OSU they are EXTREMELY STRINGENT. They will write you a ticket on the spot. Also, there are officers outside Crew stadium. Once you get into the Crew stadium/Fairgrounds parking lot though, feel free to drink anywhere.

I carry a glass bottle of beer from my parking spot up to the ticket office every week. There are also a few bars as your leaving campus heading toward CCS (at High St.), but they may be busy since Ohio State will play Miami at 12.

20. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    how 'bout...

NO.

I'll get my tix through the USSF pre-sale, and I'll be just fine. It's not like they're WC tix, you know.

21. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    and the North End of Crew stadia will be the Supporters section. Can we do 1500, people??

22. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there, with two friends and my 11 year old son. First MNT cap for all of us. Driving up from Missouri that morning.

23. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    I got a feeling the supporter section might be extended out to the corners. This should be a great, packed game

24. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I'll be there with a number of others from the New England Brigade.

The Magpie

25. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    KC Brigade is returning to Columbus for the second year in a row. At least 12 of us will be there.