9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info :: Part 3

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by fidlerre, Aug 9, 2005.

1. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    It'd help to say that I'm coming from Cleveland :rolleyes:

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to point out:

They're arriving too-

Mexico fans at Crew Stadium a couple hours ago trying to catch a glimpse of the practice:

[​IMG]

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Let 'em see the practice, they won't be able to see the game in person.

4. emp2b3

emp2b3 Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    It has been mentioned that tickets should be not that hard to come by at the tailgate. Two questions for people with prior experience:

If I am arriving at the tailgate 4:30 or 5:00PM, what are the odds of getting
    a) two tickets in Sam's Army (which is pretty much GA, right?)
    b) two tickets together anywhere else

I have a ride and have found one ticket for myself, but now a friend thinks that he wants to come too. (He's never seen an entire soccer game as far as I know but I will make him watch US-Mex from WC2002 tonight if he is going tomorrow).

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Nothing's guaranteed but the earlier you show up to the tailgate the better of a chance you have. There are always people getting rid of tickets but the demand for this one will be a lot higher. Get there right at 3:30 if you can.

BTW, I have a 12-pack of Sam Adams Lite (the place I went didn't have the regular) and I'l be stocking up tomorrow on Killian's, more Sam Adams, Jim Beam (assuming I can find a place to buy liquor), and Coke. Will trade booze for food.

6. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    pretty sure that the KC Brigade has at least one extra. Call me if you find out. THink your brother has my number if you don't.

7. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    See everyone tomorrow.
    Safe travels.

8. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
  9. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drive safe those who are opting for that travel..

cant wait to see you all there!

USA!

10. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I am heading out within the next hour! I can't wait!

11. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back, post match.

Terrific atmosphere at the tailgate. Props to all that attended, and all that worked to set it up. Thank you!

12. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. great time at tailgate, at the game (wow! Sam's Army was electric!) and at post game. Whoooooooooo USA... USA, USA USA.

13. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH USAAAAAAAAA, USAAAAAA USAAAAAAAAAA USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sitting in the Akron airport typing this, waiting for my flight to Boston. Great to see everyone who made it. Only regrets are that I lost most of my banners and my "Come and Take It" flag (seriously, people have GOT to stop stealing sh/t at games--I looked over after the final whistle and my "Philly Yanks" banner that I hung on one of the concourse exits was still there, 15-20 minutes later when we were getting ready to leave I went over and it was gone...also had a flag taken from the back of the SA section).

Absolutely amazing time. I ended up passing out in my car in some parking lot near O'Shaguhnessy's (Kryptonite, thanks for helping me find it). Never once set foot in the hotel room I paid for or even checked in to the place. Oh well. My legs are bruised from slipping off the bench twice (sad thing is I wasn't even really drunk, just a clumsy SOB), my back hurts like a motherfvcker from that and from sleeping in the car, not to mention trying to keep balanced on the chair at O'Shaugnessy's for however long I was up there, but I don't care. We're in the fvcking World Cup!!!

14. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sitting in a hotel lobby in Cleveland waiting to check in. Have no voice. Jus tnow beginning to get feeling back into my legs and feet. But it was so worth it! It was so nice to meet everyone at the tailgate! Looking forward to seeing yall again soon.

USA-USA-uSA

15. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Loved hanging out at O'S till they closed shop at 2:30am.

...WE GOT KICKED OUT! *clap, clap, clap-clap-clap*
    :D

16. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Is that what time the place closed? I pretty much had no idea of time or anything else for that matter, by then.

17. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding. I made it back to the hotel sometime around 3am, and my girlfriend tells me that I, uh, described my state in detail over and over, with graphic language, until I fell asleep.