9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info (Part 2, as in 2-0)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by BuffloSoldier, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goaliemanpat

goaliemanpat Member

May 14, 2005
    Holly, MI
    How did you get a password? Ive been signed up with ussoccerfan for a while but I havnt noticed anything. Did I miss a step or something? Thanks

2. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    US Supporters......

GOT XTRAS, NEED EXTRAS ???
    Please use the Sams Army US Ticket Clearinghouse for the Mex match here:
    http://www.dansoccerzone.com/sa_ticket_exchange.shtml

email Dan your request and he will post it

Again sell to US Fans Only please(come up with a litle test), Face value or less only!!

3. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    You must have your email notifacations on and your corrrect email address must be verfied. Probably too late now though.

4. soccerpops

soccerpops New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Metro DC
  5. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    Question:

I have two extra tickets I'd be willing to part with. I don't want to make a profit on them but to buy them from Ticketmaster I had to pay $80.50 for a $68 ticket (+$6 convenience fee + $4 order processing + $2.50 ticketfast delivery fee). Can I ask for the $80.50 I had to pay or can I only ask for $68?

6. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't claim to have any say in this, nor am I an expert, nor do I know the rules fo that site... but using common sense tells me you should get the money back that you payed, till the last penny.

7. careerender

careerender Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Calvert County, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need a password. I have a seester.

8. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I checked on Ebay and didn't see any tickets on there yet--but it's only a matter of time.

9. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Face value only please. THX

10. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY

not sure if losing 12.50 is the right thing.

reimburse the man if possible.

i'd never make a penny off of selling to a US supporter...but its not fair to ask someone to lose money when he's willing to sell to US fans only.
    had the people looking to buy tix now acted earlier..they'd be paying what the guy originally paid.

11. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    and we'll likely have a pair in sam's army section come game day...but we won't know for sure til about a week before if the two guys who said they're going will actually go.....

i'm sure there will be some like me....

12. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Columbus people: How far away from the stadium is the East Granville and Huntley intersection?

The Best Western I found says Crew Stadium is a local attraction, so I'm assuming it's fairly close, yeah?

13. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Personnally i think he has every right to recoup his costs. $25 will get him 4 beers at the game.

Why should somebody benefit from his generosity.

14. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Because anything over face value is considered scalping and illegal. He can certainly charge more, just not on the sa site.

15. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only Ticketmaster is allowed to charge above face value. Don't question it.

Who are you? Eddie Vedder?

16. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Just wondered,

But if the ticket shows the convenience charges technically wouldnt that be considered face value.

17. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So sell the ticket for face value and assess a 12.50 handling charge. Two payments. Two paypal transactions. deal done.

18. Dr. Death

Dr. Death New Member

May 28, 2003
    Southern California
    I agree with this -- whatever you paid ticketbastard for the ticket, including "convenience" or "facilities" charges, is face value.

19. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're worried about the scalping police, and with the current state of affairs, i'd be surprised if this is a top priority, simply list the contact info of people willing to recoup what they have in the deal. They can be contacted privately and no third party will ever have to know how much $$ changed hands.

To expect people to lose $$ on a deal because it may contravene the letter but in no way the spirit of the law is silly.

Scalping to most people is buying tix and reselling them for a PROFIT. Getting what you paid i.e. the real economic cost of the tickets would not fall into this category.

20. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    I think this is a rather unfortunate policy and will keep a lot of people from posting their tickets there since they will be losing money on the deal. But at the same time I can understand why they might have that policy - thanks for the info just the same.

21. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    the $4 and $2.50 are per order, not per ticket, so that should be split between the tickets (and others you may have purchased with this order) if your intention is to keep this above board.

by the way, my tickets do not show those charges, but they do show the $6 per ticket charge, so that seems to support the position that it's part of face value, since it's on the face of the ticket, right?

of course, i'm not parting with these, so this is purely an academic discussion for me. but if i were, i'd think it quite reasonable to recoup my costs.

22. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    You're correct that ticketmaster charges the $4 and $2.50 fees per order but at the time I purchased the tickets (3:30 yesterday) the Ticketmaster site would only sell me one ticket at a time so I had to do two orders to get the two tickets. It was only later in the evening that Ticketmaster had 2 seats together available - that's why I ended up with 2 extras.

This is now academic for me as well as I already sold them and recouped my money I just didn't want folks to think I was trying to do anything underhanded.

23. rumbum

rumbum New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Anyone want to put a thread up to discuss travel plans for those actually GOING to the match, as opposed to discussions about the ethics of ticket sales. 150 posts in and I still don't know where to drink pre and post match....
    Just a suggestion.

24. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Anything stopping you doing it?

25. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Well, there is a McDonald's right around the corner! :D

[​IMG]