9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info (Part 2, as in 2-0)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by BuffloSoldier, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR_in_NYC

JR_in_NYC New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm kind of bummed out that people are suspicious about first time posters asking for presale passwords. I know there might be some folks just looking to buy as many tickets as possible to scalp them, or the might be Mexican fans looking to score tix. To tell you my story, as my status says I'm a newbie. I just went to my first USA MNT game this past weekend with my dad. He's the hardcore soccer fan. I grew up watching soccer, but never really was a hardcore fan like my pops, but it grew on me as I got older. Now I'll stop by my dads place and watch a game. I saw the Gold Cup tickets go on sale here in NYC on ticketmaster one day, and decided to get them as a father's day gift. It was the first time I had been to a soccer game. Man was it exciting. My father thought I had gotten him a WCQ match, but I told him that it was just the CONCACAF GC. This is why I just started posting, this is why I just registered at ussoccer.com, hoping to find the presale password, so that I could take my dad, and the rest of the family and share the fun I had this past Sunday. I don't mind waiting till Aug 2 for general sales, but I'm pretty afraid that tickets will be sold out and there won't be 4 consecutive seats. Someone did share their password with me, but they had bought 5 tickets, and ticketmaster didn't allow me to get 4. So thanks for those who helped me out. I guess I'll have to just wait my luck till Aug 2. Just remember there are some newbie fans out there, who just might have gotten late word about this, hence the rushing into getting new accounts, etc.

2. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give you an "A" for effort, Jose. Howz that?

3. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    Noted.

USA 2:0 mexicrap
    June 17, 2002

4. JR_in_NYC

JR_in_NYC New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Yes, I'm of Hispanic descent. I was born and raised in NYC, USA. My folks are originally from Central America. This is why I grew up on soccer. There was always futbol on TV when I was growing up. Just because my name is Hispanic does not mean I'm rooting for Mexico. Just to tell you, most of Latin America, excluding Mexico of course hates Mexico with a passion!

5. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, for those who have only been able to find single seats for the last couple hours, Ticketshafter's search now returns 2+ seats together in section 202 ($54 each, including service charge, and about as far away from center circle as you can get without crossing the state line).

I'm not flying to Columbus for crap seats, but, if anyone's interested, you might want to try again now.

6. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Upper deck in CCS is the best place to sit if you want to actually see the game anyway.

7. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone wants tickets, I have a password. Just send me a message. Oh yeah, US fans only.

8. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    If the most important thing is just taking the family to a US WCQ why not take them to the US-Trinidad & Tobago match on Aug. 17? It's in Hartford so that's more in your neck of the woods anyway.

If your story is accurate I feel a tinge bad for you but I don't see why appearing on BS should let you jump ahead of the line of other longer time US soccer fans who simply didn't know about the presale either.

Sorry that maybe you've arrived to the US party too late for this US-Mex qualifier but maybe your luck will hold out and it won't be totally sold by Aug. 2.

9. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i've got tickets!!!

fyi, much greater availability right now than an hour ago... go figure.

10. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are definitely seats still available out there.

11. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I, too, have a PW I'll give to a US fan. PM me, but you'd better have been around here for a while and have some pro-US soccer posts on BS or someone of some heft who can vouch for you. I understand that there are some US newbies on here who'll get screwed out of buying a ticket this way.

Tough.

12. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    Ditto...PM if you can show you're a US fan.

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Boy I hope people are being very cautious with who they give passwords too, checking out post counts, post contents and whatnot. Look how recent those posts are too. Don't want to risk giving one to a Mexico supporter.

Having said that I might have password available later tonight, gotta find out from friends if they want it first.

14. MarkBox

MarkBox Member

Aug 1, 2002
    CA Hills
    I have to agree with the above poster... a low post count does not make a person any less of a USMNT fan. The internet is not the end all to sports fandom. I'm a big fan of the USMNT and have been for over 20 years now. I'd love to attend a USMNT qualifier and was hoping to go to this match against Mexico (looks like I'm on the outside lookin in). Seeing this thread and the attitude towards USMNT fans who don't live on bigsoccer 24/7 is disappointing.

15. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    it's not an attitude toward USMNT, its an attitude toward "potential" USMNT that could actually be Mexico fans posing as USMNT fans. What part of maximizing stadium advantage don't you get?

16. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    It's nothing personal and it's nothing against a newbie. It's simply that before giving out info that could get someone a ticket the avg. US fan would want to be sure it goes to a like minded American. BS is a big anonymous place and it would be easy to quick whip up a sob story. I feel bad for you if this is cutting against you this time, but I hope you can understand the rationale.

p.s. I assume you have ensured that your signed up with USSoccer for future promotions.

17. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Not true--I bet if you showed up in a red wig with your face painted to the Columbus tailgate you could buy a ticket at face value or below with no problems. From me, if nobody else.

I want to put any extras in the hands of known, full-blooded, full-throated US supporters. If my friends and relatives can't all make it, I will be more than happy to sell at face value to such fans. But I could never live with myself if I thought I'd helped put more green shirts in the building. You're taking personally something that isn't personal.

18. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a password.

PM me if you want it. You must be a US fan. Mexicans dont bother cuz im gonna be very protective of this PW.

19. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Same here. BTW, you'll have to actually talk to me on the phone before you get the password. Expect a F.A. type quiz too. (a.k.a. you better know your USA stuff!)

20. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    Ok, I can't even get 2 tickets. I'd go ahead and order 1 ticket at a time, but I can only use the damn password once. I need 4 tickets, prefer them together, but I don't know if that's possible. I would have ordered at 10am, but my buddy was piddling around asking his cousins if they wanted to go.

I called some ticketmaster woman who barely spoke English, but she had no clue.

Any ideas?

I am gonna be very pissed if some Mexican fans get tickets and I couldn't.

BTW, if somebody has 4 extra tickets because they wanted to "stock up", let me know. I may have to do it that way.

I'm in the DC area, and I have 2 extra tickets for DC/Chelsea if that makes any difference.

I'm gonna go break something

21. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can use the password for up to 8 tickets. Like I bought 2 tickets earlier and it's still letting me shop around using that password. So you can buy 8 separate tickets if need be. I wish I would have bought 8 tickets all at once so I could see them (at face value) to US fans. That way I'd be sure US fans that want them would be getting them. Ah hindsight.

I hope you can find some.

22. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Does anyone know if any blocks of tickets have been set aside for sale to the MLS Allstar Game folks who opted for the priority number for the US/Mex game instead of free Crew tickets?...or have any blocks of tickets be set aside for the General Public sale on Tuesday of next week? I need four together (the kids are too young to be on their own).

I ask because I screwed myself out of the chance to buy tickets this morning. I've been a USSoccerFan.com member for a while and got tired of them sending me emails about stuff I already knew about so I asked them to remove me from their email list back in March. I didn't pay enough attention to know that the "password" that was needed wasn't my USSoccerfan.com password. When I logged on at 9:00am to make sure I knew where to go to get tickets I found out the bad news. I guess they gave out the passwords on July 13th...only to the members who received emails.

23. Dantezo

Dantezo Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Jeonju, S. Korea
    Exactly.

Nice try Mexicrap fan.

How naïve do you think we are Pedro?

LOL :D That’s the password I got as well… ;)

I’m with you bro. Lets show them respect, something el tri si very foreign to.

So to all these newbies:
    houstonmlsfan
    soccerpops
    JR in NYC
    Usanavy

What are you original usernames BTW? You aren’t fooling us eses ;) Come out with your true colores:

[​IMG]

24. mutinyfute

mutinyfute New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    st. pete, fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yo, there was crap for tickets left when I got home from work today...yeah, I had the password, yeah, I do work during the day, no I didn't figure that 15,000 peps would buy up all the decent tickets to the Mexi match. So, my question is... after suitable vesting thru what ever means necessary can anyone let a poor ole Mutiny fan buy a couple of extra tickets for his wife and former fusion buddy or do I need to sit in section 202 or scalp???

As an aside, I would be willing to buy you several 100% american brews at the TnT qualifier in a mere few weeks in CT...tempting anyone???

In case you are wondering, yes, it's true I let me former username "fute" expire many a moon ago... ya know it ain't that fun coming to bigsoccer with no MLS team in the state...so yes, I have what, 2 posts...

25. T Nitty

T Nitty New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    MD
    Well, I purchased 4 tickets in 228. Problem is they're in three different rows. If someone has 4 tickets on the West (bench) side together (the $68 seats), I would probably buy them. I'm sure I can sell the ones I have if I need to. If nothing else, at least I have 4 tickets (for the USA!). I don't really care who I sit by as long as I'm there!

Yeah, I probably should have called Ticket Master, but... oh well. I have no patience.

Just wait, I'll get on there tomorrow and find 8 tickets together. It's that kinda day. :(