9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info (Part 2, as in 2-0)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by BuffloSoldier, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I love the Tomahawk Chop idea. Aside from what you mentioned, all American sports fans know it so it'd have a good chance of spreading thorughout the entire stadium.

That said, it probably won't catch on right away since a lot of people will think "wtf does this have to do with soccer??", but if we keep plugging away eventually it'll become a tradition.

2. josey_a

josey_a New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Dallas
    I Heard the gates open at 530 insted of 330 are they talking about the stadium gates or parking lot gates

3. Dynamo73

Dynamo73 New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Cleveland
    Why does this make any sense? The places that do it have Native American mascots (Fla. State, Atlanta Braves, etc.) "Let go Buckeyes" and "Hook 'em Horns" are truly originally American chants, and most sports fans would know them, but they'd make no sense at a USMNT game. There's nothing particularly pro-American about the tomahawk chop. We could make waving our left shoes in the air and yelling "Boola-boola" a tradition if we wanted to, but why would we?

4. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

parking lot opens at 5:30pm and the gates open at 7:00pm....shhh :D

5. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    I think the tomahawk chant is sweet.

that is all

6. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
  7. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of like the idea of the Tomahawk chant, because I can't stand the Braves or FSU, so I can never do the chant. I always want to, but I just can't.

8. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

FWIW, I am all about "Boola-Boola" and I am all about newbies with opinions . . And twins!

(not referring to Dynamo as a newb!)

9. micheal

micheal New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could go for Boola-Boola. As long as it is not the tomahawk chop. Yeah, I am definately down with Boola-Boola.

10. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm...

You know...

...If the Army did "Boola-boola" at Sanchez for 45 minutes he might wonder what kind of insane asylum he'd awakened from a good night's sleep at...

...especially if you toss in the left shoe...

...NO, WAIT! I didn't mean to actually toss your left shoe at Sanchez...

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I hate the tomahawk chant idea.

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Likewise.

13. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    I agree. There are enough intelligent people on BigSoccer. We should be able to figure out a good chant.

14. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8
    what about oompa-loompa chants?

15. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Problem is, 90% of the people that will be in the stadium aren't on BigSoccer...

16. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, it IS modeled on a war chant native to the area that is now the US. I liken it to the All Blacks doing their Maori Dance at the start of Rugby Games. The point is, it may not be pro-American per se but it is uniquely American.

Of course, this has little to do on whether the annointed of BS will deem it appropriate for the masses.

17. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but that's the Worst. Idea. Ever.

18. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No... doing a gay pride, limp-wristed tomahawk chop would be the "worst. idea. ever."

19. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoever suggested that needs to be dragged outside and beaten.

20. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least that would be original, and given the spread that Donovan, Mcbride, Keller and Mastro did for the Times a few years ago, halfways relevant.

21. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

22. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me ask you this, how did you feel after 9/11 when you heard that foreign fans and Mexicans were mocking US players by doing the "Airplane" motion signifying the planes hitting the WTC's or chanting Osama etc...?

It's an utterly classless chant/motion that belongs nowhere near Florida State or the Atlanta Braves, not to mention the USMNT.

If I see someone doing that chant/motion in Columbus they better be able to run fast.

23. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    OK PC police, you can settle down, chances are it won't be done at the game.

24. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually, in your rush to be offended, you have confused the motivations of those chanting OSAMA to provoke an opponent and those using the Native American chant to encourage thier team to victory. One is positive, the other negative.

While it may offend you, the chant gained currency because the fans were cheering teams that chose mascots (Braves, Seminoles) that conjured images, virtues and power with which sportsmen wanted to be associated.

So get angry at the injustices that have befallen the Native Americans, but realize that the Osama chants have as much in common with the Tomohawk chop as Iraq has to do with 9/11.

25. nysoccerfaninfl

nysoccerfaninfl New Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Panama City Florida
    :cool: I though I was stuck with my ticketmaster Ticket (sec: 205 Row:18), but USSOCCER came thru SA Ticket. I wil be at the pre Game activities around 1500L 3:00 for you non military, any ussoccer FAN is welcomed to it. depending how hungover I will be, or let me say how much beer money I have left, it will either be face value or free. First time in SA sec, Normaly I have my 12 year in tow but not this time. Now I'll have to find something RED.