9/3 AC Milan vs Fiorentina [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by kckal, Sep 1, 2007.

1. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, since no one else was doing it, i figured i would make myself useful and start it...

i think this game is a little early in the season, but it should be a good litmus test for the team for several reasons...

1. Fiorentina are a very good team.

2. We should be tired from the super cup and that will probably be the story of the season as we have a lot of games and we will often play well-rested teams while we have been slogging constantly... yes, im looking at you club world cup..

3. Mutu thinks that he and kaka will be battling it out for the Capocannoniere.. pfft mutu, get a clue... kaka will smoke you in the scoring charts.. *crosses fingers* http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=400364...
    in related news gila is feeling a little down that mutu did not include him in that "challenge"...

4. Which brings me to number 4. another day, another chance for gila to do something... he scored a brace against fiorentina last year to start of a short but enjoyable hot streak in front of goal... seems that prandelli's mere presence on the pitch brings out the best in him... on a side note, will some one get gila a prandelli bobble head to place under his pillow or in his locker or underwear or whatever he pleases, as long as it makes him start scoring again? peaches..:eek:

FORZA MILANO!

2. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    is ronaldo gonna play???

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it seems he will, in fact on channel4 they had him as the probable starter, not that that means anything, though.

4. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Tuugh game it will be - it is always tough agianst the Viola. We need to play some of our back ups like Bonera and Brocchi as Rino will probably sit out. Gila needs to step up big and Shut Mutu's little mouth off. Dida needs to be strong in the net and the rest is for Pirlo to play as he does.
    I see 2-1 win for us with Kaka and Seedorf scoring.

FORZA MILAN!!!

5. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GdS also says Ronaldo will 100% start. But we'll have to wait and see. With Ronaldo it's a hour-to-hour situation regarding his health.

6. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this could be a really tough game, and given that inzaghi can't play given his age, fitness, and 85' where he worked his tail off, it is between gila and ronaldo, and i would hope ronaldo can go. this game is really tricky, as fiorentina is a good team, will be hungry and some of the guys will have to be tired, as we haven't reached full fitness yet.

in fact, a draw wouldn't disappoint me greatly, though of course i want the win, since this is at home, but given the circumstances and who we are playing, if we get no injuries and a draw, i can live with that pretty easily.

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Just for the record Montolivo is easily my favourite U21 player besides Rossi; I don't think I'd be exaggerating that he may have more upside than Totti, after all Montolivo looks slightly more advanced than Totti did in his early 20's.

Long story short Firenze is no walk in the park; even though Juventus is revived I still think Firenze are favorites for 4th spot because they are such a complete team back to front with more zing in the creative department than before.

8. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    actually jpick a draw would disappoint me quite a bit.. as i mentioned earlier, this will be the story of the season as we have a lot of fixtures and will always play teams that are more rested than us... if we cant cope now, we will never be able to cope come january...

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    true, it wouldn't be the best omen for the future, but the way i look at it is the scudetto isn't won against the likes inter, juve, roma, and fiorentina, it is won versus the bottom 13-14 teams. you dominate them, and then take some points here and there off the top dogs and usually you are in really good shape. I hope for a win, but given the injuries and lack of games in our system, last night's supercup will affect us even more so. so, i guess maybe my hopes aren't too high, maybe it is just a gut feel more than anything else. i just don't feel quite as good about this game, but then again, hopefully i am wrong. ;)

Isn't montolivo a doubt for this game? or at least won't be 100% i thought i read.

as for totti versus montolivo, fair enough, but i disagree (strongly), though montolivo is an excellent young player.

10. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I dunno. I think he picked up a knock against Empoli but there's nothing mentioning he'll miss the game indefinitely.
    Well Totti had the benefit of playing with a long list of exceptional players during his ascendancy; Batigol, 'Aeroplaneo', and a young and vibrant Cafu just to name a few. I suppose Totti has become the player he is today largely because of the incredible environment he's remained in all this time; a Roma that has molded over time while producing one of the worlds best players with it.

With that said I still give Montolivo every benefit of the doubt that he possesses the talent to reach Totti's level and possibly overthrow his legacy altogether. At such a young age he's already that good and will only get better.

11. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah this is one of those times, you would rather be wrong than right.. i hope you are wrong as well... i would like to see us win this.. should send out a nice message to the ugly side of milan...

12. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    indeed it is. he wasn't called up for the match, probably for the better if there was any doubt, as he can rest this week and hopefully be truly ready two weeks from now.
    from the official site:

19 players have been called-up by Carlo Ancelotti for tomorrow: GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo; MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; ATTACKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi.
    | |

13. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ronaldo wont play..eh not too bad i guess...let him rest n play champs league n "important" games...we have a lotta games comin up let gila play those lesser ones...we just won the supercup..1 down,mny more to go...let him rest i say, kaka will hold up for us...hey do u guys think we will ever play witout kaka? say gourcuff instead? its hard to see kaka playin all the time, granted hes our playmaker, i think he needs sum rest sumtimes...i kno not for this game but sum other games do u think he will rest? i wish i knew the % of games he played last yr, it has to be around 80%, if not more...granted he hasnt got injured,thank god...but we should let him rest sum of the easier games..u kno wat i mean, my worst fear is this poor kid is gonna get burnt out

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    actually he is easier to rest than one might think because gourcuff can come in for seedorf's role, and seedorf goes forward and slides in to the more advacned playmaking role behind the striker. that is how we did it at the need of last season, and as long as seedorf is on form, we can play and beat smaller sides pretty easily. the only interesting thing will be to see how ancelotti does the rotation. his one main weakness as a coach in the past has been not rotating players enough throughout the season. he just needs to trust the quality we got.

15. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Tough game, but a good challenge early on.
    A tie is OK, but a win would be better.
    My prediction is a 2-1 win by Milan.

16. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think gourcuff is going to play from the start tommorrow and seedorf will probably be rested..

and im not going to predict a score but i predict that gila will score..

17. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was going to go out on a limb and predict the sun won't rise tomorrow, but you went further than even I am willing to go.

ballsy my friend

18. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    haha.. i live on the edge, jpick... although i never predict scores for big games.. always feel that i will jinx it..

but in all seriousness im a little confused with the statement ancelotti made of no rotation.. http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep3c.html

does this mean inzaghi will play as well?! we all know that he cant really handle 2 games so close in a week.. or is it gila and the rest of the same team as monte carlo? and he said he will play gattuso with the stitches... umm why exactly did we get emerson if we arent even going to play him..

think jpick was right about ancelotti not being able to rotate..

19. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    who cares! pato is playin thursday!!!!!! hopefully we win

20. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    formations:

fiorentina

frey

ujfalusi--dainelli--gamberini--pasqual

donadel-------gobbi

--------liverani

santana--------mutu

--------pazzini

milan

dida

oddo--nesta--kaladze--janks

gattuso-------ambro

--------pirlo

---kaka-------seedorf

--------gila

so, montolivo, as expected, is out for this match, and for us, it is the same lineup except gila in for inzaghi, not surprising since he played 85' in monte carlo.

21. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Going to have to catch the game tonight when they replay it.
    I'm going to have to force myself not to look at the score before tonight. :D

22. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Here we go...
    Let's go Milan!

23. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Almost a goal for Gila, nice run by Jankulowski.

24. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    nice pen from Kaka!:D 1-0

25. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan