9/17 Arsenal - Inter [R]

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by SueB, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    A thread for all the rabid Inter fans around here to comment about today's game :rolleyes: *sigh* What ever happened to soccerfan220. Disillusioned already? And at such a young age, too ...

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Inter starts Toldo, Cordova, Cannavaro, Materazzi, J Zanetti, Emre, C Zanetti, van der Meyde, Kily Gonzalez, Cruz, Martins.

Radio announcer admits Inter would be extremely happy with a tie in this game.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Inter takes a shock lead through Julio Cruz in the 21st minute.

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Lost audio again, but uefa.com has it 2-0 for Inter now.

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yes, two minutes after Cruz scored on their first shot, van der Meyde makes it 2-0. They should be careful as Arsenal can score goals quickly as well, and there is plenty of time remaining.

6. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Ha. Now Toldo has saved a PK by Thierry Henry.

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    3-0 on a goal by Martins. I'm asking the same question the folks over in the Arsenal board are asking. WTF? Where did this come from? Who are these guys in the Inter uniforms. Just goes to show - never get behind a Cuper team and let them play for the counterattack.

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    A reminder to all you Inter fans. Please. No trolling on the Arsenal board. Those guys are feeling pretty low right now. And they outnumber you, like, hundreds to, uh, none. (with apologies to retnicf).

9. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    too bad inter cant do that to ac milan but this is the suprise by far in round 1

arsenal undefeated in epl and go to old trafford on sunday are losing 3-0 at the half to an inter team without vieri...

this one is over folks

btw did anyone catch the manu-pana game
    5-0 woo hoo

10. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Inter isn't missing Crespo in the CL right now.

11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Or Vieri or Recoba. Really. Who would've thought.

12. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Martins is awesome. He is definitely a player for the future. Good find!

13. highgarden

highgarden New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    well I've got to give mad props to the Inter squad, and the game is not even over!! Some of the goals sound like they were quite good. I'll have to check the highlights on FSW Report.

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Great game from Inter. I have a feeling they will be a bit more adventurous this year, now that Cuper finally has some decent midfielders. His Valencia teams with Piojo and Gerard were a joy to watch.
    Now that Inter has some width, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more performances like this.
    And since I dislike the Gooners, all the better that this comes against them!

16. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Anybody want to keep arguing that the EPL is a superior league to Serie A? I've watched a lot of both leagues. Did not watch the match but it would not surprise me if Arsenal's tactics were naive. Wenger has shown a stunning inability to adapt his team to better tactical sides.

17. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Sounds to me like it was mainly just a classic "Hector Cuper" game. Whether that's Italian, Spanish or Argentinian, who's to say. And no matter what league and level you're playing, lots of things can start going right when you get the first goal on the road.

18. Mark424

Mark424 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Los Angeles
    SueB:

Nice job on that 3-0 post in the Arsenal Section. :)

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Ha! Thought nobody saw it amidst all the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I just went over there because I was bored talking to myself here, and I heard the goal so figured I'd just post it there. Was first, too. :)

20. Thelonius1999

Thelonius1999 New Member

Aug 24, 2003
    DC
    JUST TOO DAMN GOOD...

Just got home after a hectic day & see 3-0 to Inter...hell freaking yeh...from what I can gather so far it was not a 3-0 that should have been 1-0 but the kind that should have been 6-0,heheheh...fakin brilliant...

Remember watching the guys on SKYSports saying the threat (to Arsenal) in our group will come from the Russians & their winters...LETS JUST SAY NOT ANYMORE...

21. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ESPN2 was supposed to carry this game LIVE, but decided to show some Outdoors show. Guys blasting Bambi and reeling in Nemo, instead for Martins and Cruz filleting the Gooners.

I'll catch the highlights, but I am bummed to miss the live action.

22. Ankf00

Ankf00 Guest

hehehe

23. Ankf00

Ankf00 Guest

Do you live in CA?

24. TheFallen29

TheFallen29 New Member

Nov 25, 2001
    New York City
    Well done to you guys, but it wasn't AS much of an ass-kicking as the scoreline shows.

Between Henry's penalty and Ljungberg's missed sitter, it could have been 2-3...not saying we would have won at that point (quite the contrary, you guys packed nine behind the ball really well once it was 0-3, and Kallon probably should have scored when he hit the post), all I'm saying was that it probably should have been a little more competitive. No matter...we'll rebound against Kyiv and Lokomotiv.

I'm much more gutted about Celtic's match, myself. Stupid toolbox Hedman.

25. fischetts

fischetts New Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Long Island/Baltimor

The international soccer press doesn't seem to think that. I don't I think i've ever seen the word "masterclass" thrown around so carelessly as I have since Wednesday.