9/13 Cherundolo: Hertha Berlin vs. Hannover 96 [R] 9:30AM EST

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dark knight, Sep 13, 2003.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leeds United FC
  2. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    43rd minute. Bobic 2, Hannover 1.

No mention of Dolo.

Sachin

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    57th minute.

Same score. Still no mention of Cherundolo.

Sachin

4. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Kleber eqaulizes inthe 69th minute.

Sachin

5. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    And de Guzman puts Hannover ahead in the 80th.

Sachin

6. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    And we're final. Hertha gets on the score sheet for the season and Hannover picks up 3 points.

I'm sure someone who acutally speaks German will come in here and tell us how Cherundolo played.

Sachin

7. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope they don't do the usual give up the lead in the last five minutes.

8. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the updates.

9. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    sounds like Stevie had the assist for the game winner.

10. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hannover plays in a lot of high scoring games. They seem to score a lot and give up a lot.

11. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Hannover started pretty confused what also includes Cherundolo. The first goal was assisted over his wing and he was late for the second when he tried to play on offside first. After Berlin led 2-0, the game entirely changed and Hannover took control. Their were no scenes in the defence anymore and also Cherundolo turned more and more offensive. He had several useful crosses that weren't converted. He assisted the "North American game winning goal" with a simple diagonally pass from his wing to De Guzman, who was standing about 14m away from the goal and hammered the ball into the right corner.

12. CanuckFan2

CanuckFan2 New Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Calgary
    The arses on Fox Sports World referred to 'Brazilian de Guzman' getting the 3rd goal during their Borussia Dortmund vs Werder Bremen live broadcast this morning. Hannover site describes the winner as a 'traum tor' (dream goal)!

13. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK
    I had thought Hopkins had said "Julian" rather than "Brazilian". As I recall he was correcting his earlier report that had another scoring the goal. But my hearing is poor, so I probably got it wrong.

14. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Cherundolo was rated 3. He already got 2 assists in 4 games – I think he only he had one in the entire last season with 33 games. His average rating so far is 3.38, which is not bad if he is able to keep it over a longer period of time.

De Guzman made kicker’s Team of the Day btw.

And an information for the ‘Tremmel-fans’ on the board: Hannover changed the starting goalie and replaced Tremmel by Marc Ziegler (27; 46 Bundesliga games with Stuttgart and Bielefeld; later Bursa, Innsbruck and Austria Vienna)

15. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Wow, I watched 1 Hannover game, and I am not sure I had ever seen a pro goalkeeper as bad as Hannovers.

16. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Adin Brown, sprecken sie Duetsch?

(sorry for mangling the spelling)

Sachin

17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were Hannover, I'd make a play for Kevin Hartman. He's older, and I believe readier to step in. Plus, given his age, you won't have to pay extra for his potential.

Well, tbh, I'm sure there are GKs from other nations. I'm just saying if we're talking MLS GKs, let's not forget Hartman.

18. CanuckFan2

CanuckFan2 New Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Calgary
    Apologies

I posted that after reading it on another board but watched the game yesterday (tape) and the announcers in fact were quite correct.