9/11 families sue for 116 trillion

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Turkoglu, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    If Clinton really DID refuse to take Usama bin Laden (and it is a really big if), perhaps he should be named as a defendant.

2. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can't understand how insanely stupid that idea is there is truly no hope for you.

3. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, that is right on. Except, most companies pocket so much more in the interim, and insurance companies have people pay them for coverage, and then when they really need it, they deny coverage based on some stupid exception on page 3292305 of the policy manual. I am not saying attorneys are innocent, but neither are corporations and insurance companies who pay a vast majority of class action lawsuits.

Personally, I think it probably is not in a client's best interest to bring in the rest of a class. As a result, an attorney who does would be doing something unethically. But those attorney's that are pimps can look past that one.

Personally, I think a lot of people see how much class actions are and they think the attorneys are the big winners. For the most part they are right. But keep in consideration that many if not all attorneys would never win a lawsuit in the first place if there wasn't some damaging evidence that shows how corrupt and greedy many of the corporations are who are involved in the suit.

4. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    > The government of Sudan is an interesting
    > presence here - weren't they the nice, reformed
    > people that wanted to turn over Osama Bin
    > Laden, but the darn Clinton Administration
    > screwed the pooch?

No. Clinton wanted him turned over to us or to Saudi Arabia (who also want him and want to use his neck as a demonstration of fine Arabian sword making ability). Sudan refused, as Bin Laden helped fund things like roads and factories. A compromise was reached, where Sudan would send Bin Laden to Afghanistan, where it was hoped that he would keep busy with creating a muslim paradise and killing the Northern Alliance.

5. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I read an article on the ajc.com website that several campaign contributors of Cynthia McKinney is on the list of those being sued. I only hope she loses her primary today.

6. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States