9/11 at HDC

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Mglnbea, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking ahead a little bit, some friends and I are making plans to go to LA in September (11th) to cheer on the Quakes. What would be the best (least expensive) way to get tix? Would Club Quake be able to sell tickets to an away game like this? We would prefer to sit in a Quake's Support Section. Can the Q's front office sell away game tix? Will I need to go through TicketMaster?

2. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think club quake or one of the supporters groups does help getting tix all in one section for games in LA, but - speaking out of my arse - they're probably going to plan for the first game at HDC - on July 4 - before they get around to planning for Sept. 11.

i could be wrong though.

3. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    I would go through the Quakes front office.

I made the mistake of trying to go through the Galaxy's front office for MLS Cup tix last year (they were of NO help) and now I keep getting mailers from them, trying to get me to buy Galaxy tickets!

I tore one mailer up into little bits and sent it back to them! : )

Sounds like a fun trip. I may have to join you!

4. csufguy

csufguy BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2004
    LA
    Like most Gals supporters, I'm still wiping the residual bukkake off my chin from last November 9th.

5. GoMooner!

GoMooner! New Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Hey, csufguy...ever heard of "trolling?" Go post on your own board.

6. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not really sure if that was trolling .... :confused:

7. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is trolling because it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread -- the 9/11 road game, SJ at LA. The attendance, Club America, etc. is not related to this subject.

csufguy, why don't you enjoy your team and let us enjoy our team in peace? Take your posts to the MLS or LA Galaxy forums.

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I've dealt with the LA Galaxy ticket office on group purchases before and had a good experience. They won't put you on the mailing list if you ask them not to. Anyway, there's a really good ticket rep who works for the Galaxy but who isn't himself a Galaxy supporter. He supports another MLS team, actually. I think he's a good guy for opposition fans to deal with. PM me if you want the name.

9. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    It's just good marketing, plain and simple. I laugh my ass off when Quake fans bitch about hearing from Hartman or Cobi about Gals' tix. For at least one year longer, the Quakes' ticket office has done the same thing to Gals fans (and fans of other sides) who buy tix for Spartan.

FWiW, you can also call the Gals' 800 ticket number, and there's an option if you go through the menu where you can enter your phone # to get taken off their distribution list.