9/10/07 Collinsville City Council Meeting [Merged]

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by sirfallsalot_2000, Sep 7, 2007.

1. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    "The Original" Toasted Ravioli
    Recipe from Charlie Gitto's, excerpted from "THE HILL -- Its History, Its Recipes" 2003

1 cup milk
    1 large egg lightly beaten
    2 cups dry Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
    1 pkg meat ravioli
    2 qts vegetable oil for frying
    grated parmesan cheese
    fresh tomato sauce

Combine milk and egg in a bowl, making an egg wash. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Dip frozen ravioli in milk wash and coat with bread crumbs.

Place in hot oil (350 degrees). Fry ravioli until golden brown. Place on drainboard, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve immediately with tomato sauce.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's the doof in the Chicago shirt? You? That's a problem. You better burn that thing. There will be NO supporting of both teams; that goes right out the window.

Also, I know Bill McDermott. ;)

3. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I am excited about St. Louis getting a team (I am and will always be an MLS expansion junky) I have to say there is something different about this expansion - MLS isn't being dragged around by Cooper.

Now, I think that both sides are totally on the up and up, but think about how many times MLS has tripped over themselves with potential investors (NY2), big-goal universities (Delaware) , or just a friendly mayor (San Antonio).

As much as I want Garber to award the team tomorrow, I'm glad they are making Cooper come to them - even if it is just in the press.

4. sillinois

sillinois New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    I too have been surprised how well MLS, Cooper & Collinsville are interacting. But, I don't think you can give credit to Garber. Most of the credit has to go to Jeff Cooper. He is man that clearly knows how to get things done. Sometimes that means letting others have the credit for your work. As is the case here. Garber is sitting pretty on his throne, meanwhile Cooper is dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's. I also think a smaller amount of credit for this going so smoothly has to go to the Saint Louis area and fans. Saint Louis understands this and likes it for the most part. There is nothing for Garber to sell. Most of the media support it, it already has a growing fan base, etc... By far the biggest problem all along has been the location in Illinois, but when everyone saw the pictures and the massive new development, that all seemed to quiet down.

It looks like we are coming to Garber ... because, well, we are. Everything is done. All he has to do is award a team. No statements to spur the governmental authorities, no media interviews, nothing. Just award the team -- that is all he has to do.

Also, what is up with that population density map earlier? The labeled Monroe county in Illinois, Jefferson County, which is about 60 miles to the east. Perhaps they just got Missouri and Illinois confused, but can you really trust data from a site that messes up the counties? Seems like that is a pretty important detail.

5. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    1) I live in Santa Monica part of the year and it has never taken me longer than 50 minutes - tops - to drive to the Home Depot Center.

2) Don't let life-long Santa Monicans hear you refer to their city as "part of LA". They'll very swiftly point out that Santa Monica is an independent municipality. :D

6. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Point taken, let the record reflect. I too have never taken an hour from LA (City of) to the HDC.

I think in St Louis, 30 mins is a good bet for north County, south County, and most of the city . . . then you have the east siders who are mostly 15-20 mins, really. The question is for west County, St Charles, St Peters, etc. Will they want to drive 40+?

Even if they don't, I still think you can fill the place 15 - 20 nights.

7. demunb

demunb Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Crystal City, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's about 40 to 50 minutes from me in Jefferson County. I'll make the trip. I have friends North and I'll drive to one of their houses and carpool over. Really, for those of us that live in Jefferson or St. Charles County, we're already used to a long drive for Cardinals games, Rams games, Blues games, what's another 15 minutes?

8. SoccerYoda

SoccerYoda New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    O'Fallon, MO USA
    Don't forget Subbuteo, Brad. :D

9. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    OK, sorry about that :eek: Just passing on info that I heard. And that's cool about Santa Monica. I've actually been there, it's a cool place. I could definitely see myself living there to tell the truth.

10. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, that was my bad, I had to add new text, because the old was illegible, and when I copied and pasted the label I forgot to change it before I saved the graphic.