8FEST :: Special December Event

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by murtaugh29, Dec 4, 2004.

1. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Very important event for the next 8FEST date on Thursday 16 December at SmallBar WP:

We will be co-promoting this event with the Fire and Storm.

For more info see this link:
    http://www.section8chicago.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=338

Or download the PDF flyer to print and post wherever you wish:
    http://www.section8chicago.com/flyers/8FESTb.pdf

2. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Naturally, the one time I take a holiday party job there's something good to go to.

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Move the party to 2049 W Division!

4. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Plenty of room for an addt'l party ;)

5. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    The raffle and silent auction list is looking quite impressive. There will be at least 2 signed Fire jerseys to bid on and help Section 8!

6. Yes, I confirm that the prize list is really impressive. I guess you will be able to see it on section8chicago.com soon but there really is a lot of super cool stuff you can win, including jerseys, balls, T-shirts, posters, publications and a lot of other less-valued stuff. The great thing is that there are so many prizes that you are pretty much guaranteed to win something if you only show up. Section 8's website will also have an electronic way of purchasing the raffle tickets but they will be used in drawings only for a few selected items so it will be better to show up! The best treat though will be the first look at Section 8 Chicago merchandise which is totally cool. I mean when you see it, you will desire this stuff :) .

7. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Over $1000 worth of auction and raffle prizes will be available. Signed jerseys will be available in the silent auction. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase online for certain select items this afternoon.

Sample S8C Merchandise will be on display and we will take pre-orders.

Tentatively scheduled are Storm player appearances and viewing of the new Fire stadium renderings.

$1 Stella Artois with donation.

8. Don_Crafts

Don_Crafts New Member

Oct 31, 2000
    20 House, Oswego
    I am looking forward to this event. It's going to be a blast.

Marcin and Liam: the first round of Stella's on me.

Maximum Respect,
    Don Crafts
    Chicago Fire, USA
    Don't stop living in the Red!

9. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Appreciated, Don. Marcin will be in Poland and I am not drinking. So buy them for Nick and P-Dub. And Frank Klopas. He'll be there as well with Lazo Alavanja, Danny Waltman, and Andy Gustaferro. No word if Andy will be bringing along Lorrie Fair. :)

10. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Stellas are only $1 with donation.

11. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
  12. zlzfire

zlzfire New Member

Jun 28, 2001
    Frankfort, IL
    On a side note, I was in Galyans in Orland Park last night and saw a section 8 T shirt (one I had not seen before, I own the one with the big section 8 on the front, and "the true meaning of home field advantage" on the back of the shirt) along with a Fire Ringer Tee with "10" on the back...wish I had some extra scratch to buy MYSELF some presents.

13. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I love PUMA to death, but I wish they'd at least ask or show the shirt design before making them. They are making another for next season and it's nice but it would be better form to involve S8C a bit. I've contacted them on this exact issue and not recieved much of a response.

14. zlzfire

zlzfire New Member

Jun 28, 2001
    Frankfort, IL
    yea, but the fact that they recognize us is pretty nice to have. i think the design was pretty boring though, across the chest "section 8" in pretty unispiring font with "commitment to excellence" or some other lame tagline in nearly unreadable print below it

15. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Thus my concern. Just would be nice to, if they want to make S8C shirts, provide them with fonts and logos if they wish to use them.

And it's really the club directing the design (or at least approving it) and asking to have S8 shirts made up, so they aren't blameless either. A minor annoyance is all. You'll see how much better our stuff is next Thursday anyhow :)

16. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    So who's going to 8Fest Thursday?

17. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i am really looking forward to this event and seeing some of my old friends!

18. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    I will definately be there suporting Section 8 and its active hard working board. Hats off to you.

Now its time to get all the supporters groups to work together to make us even stronger.

19. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I love this attitude. We've all got a shared vision and as we've all seen in the past, we can do some pretty kick ass stuff. It's getting close to time to raise the bar once again.

20. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am taking the day off on Friday the 17th. I just might have to come over for this. What's it going to be like trying to drive to this at 6:00 pm? I'll be coming from Indiana -- Skyway to 94. Should I get off at North and come back down to Division or get off somewhere else? Any driving recommendations would be appreciated.

21. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The dan ryan and kennedy are always crowded so yeah it probably will be slow but worth the drive. There is an exit at Division, get off go west to Damen. The bar is just west of damen on Division.I don't see any point in going to north ave.

22. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    Yeah, just get off at Division - the sooner you get off the better anyway, since you'll probably be moving at about 5 MPH. You can always check here before you leave to avoid any major problems. http://www.gcmtravel.com/gcm/maps.jspIf you have any other business in town, you might want to just come in early to avoid rush hour(s).

23. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    It's always time to raise the bar. We should always challenge ourselves to higher standards and bigger goals.

You'll see a little of what I mean on Thursday.

24. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Naturally, but we haven't always succeeded. Time to succeed again.

25. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    I agree Liam. I have gotten tired of the previous animosity between some of the leaders and members of one organization to another. I think you guys are working harder than any other organization representing the Fire fans. From the Barnburners on down.

I am always willing to help out and work together with someone I think is doing a great job. It is the duty of memebers of all supporters groups to work with each other and Section 8 and hammer out the structure for future endeavors and organiztion If they cant do that then its time for them to step down and let someone more willing to work harder and together step in. Its very simple adapt and change or die and be left behind.

Its time to relight this candle. :)

Ciao