888 thread part II

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Shawn, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    its also father's day in the chinese culture- 88 is with a deep pitch means father.

the man u coaches aren't too much to look for though... ugh.

2. Oh well, with a yankee mom, I grew up saying "you guys." Do you use both the singular (y'all) and the plural (all y'all)? ;)

Charter Member of the Spectres Mac Mafia enforcer -- the evil one! I want my MAC AVATAR back!!!
    Please keep Clive Charles and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    "Whenever I have to choose between two evils, I always like to try the one I haven't tried before." - Mae WestTherefore, I shall go by the name Smactish. Think anyone will know it's me?

3. But Kentucky to California long distance isn't a problem, right? Because this fraternity boy called last night and he was saying.......

Charter Member of the Spectres Mac Mafia enforcer -- the evil one! I want my MAC AVATAR back!!!
    "Whenever I have to choose between two evils, I always like to try the one I haven't tried before." - Mae WestTherefore, I shall go by the name Smactish. Think anyone will know it's me?

4. And I think they are waaaaaay too old for C!!!!!

I think we should celebrate MM#8's birthday again on Sunday with another win. How about it, Mac?

5. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    lmao... and some people on the man u team are not? ;)

nah, they are around 22-2.... something.

o i just say y'all or if i really want some attention its YOU GUYS! ::shrugs::

6. Just finished my pre-game Junior Mints!

At least I get to watch tonight's game (unless they decide to show boxing instead :rolleyes: ). And I get my choice of two channels on which to watch it.

Go Mac!!! Kick Carolina where it hurts the most -- the scoreboard!

WAR SPIRIT!!!

7. WOO HOO!!!!

I got to start page 8

8. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    August 'In the Spirit' Appearances

Mac shows up a number of times - she gets to answer a question addressed to her; butts in on a question that was asked of someone else; walks down the beach with Julie talking about various things, including her 'buying fetish'; and at the end she and Julie say goodby while they are buried up to their necks in the sand.

9. Thanks for posting that Tsunami!!!

Not wanting to mention poster's name in case he/she doesn't want to be bombarded with requests, but .....

A larger box of Mississippi Mud Puppies for a copy of the tape???? :begs: : pleads: :calls Mike, the bartender for Scooby Snack recipe:

10. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of that....

Shawn, your tape should be in the mail this afternoon! You wouldn't believe all of the problems that I've run into, trying to get the August show taped for you...

11. gwasshoppa

gwasshoppa New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    D.C.
    mac and no cheese

Hey guys I'm new! Too bad Spirit didn't win, but a tie is a lot better than a loss. They will definately pull out better next year, I mean if the Courage can do it, why can't the Spirit. And, if Mac can find the back of the net, like she has done soooo many times in the past, they will be all the more better... Oh, I just remembered what I was posting for. Ha. Did anyone else catch Mac and Cheese Friday? It was kinda boring, but I wished I was one of the 40 people partying at her house. No fair. Anyway. Have a great day guys. Share the love:)

12. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Mike the Bartender . . . Scooby Snacks . . . . . . .
    aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh . . . . . well, there's always a water with a twist.

13. Okay, first.....THE BEGGING and BRIBERY WORKED!!!

and now....

Next time......you call in sick!!! I mean, I was worried about you overdoing the H2O w/a twist. :eek: Had you called in sick....no lap running around vehicle required. :D

14. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    I am still waiting for them to stop showing reruns in oc here. ughh.

mac speaking out... what do you guys all think?

ive been thinking, mac hasn't been spending too much time with berly this year, as opposed to last year when they were scrapbooking, living together, doing the radio show, driving up to portland...

and berly, shes been with maggs a lot and i would say that they would be part of the "gigglers" and maybe mac hasn't liked that too much. still though, berly was awesome in the games.

lets just hope mac, with her professionalism, doesn't become a "mia" on the spirit team. somebody that everybody "respects" but not really one of them.

15. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Call in sick?? I thought I was just perpetually sick . . . Oh wait, that was lab!! My mistake!

Running laps . . . trying to stave off all the calories from the cookie at SeaWorld! Yikes!

16. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    don't say those words... ahhh.

::runs off clutching head::

17. Running laps
    Running laps
    Running laps
    Running laps
    Running laps
    Running laps
    Running laps
    Running laps How's that pika?

And on another note, I picked up some Scooby Snacks at the store yesterday. They don't taste anything like the ones Mike made. Copper seems to like them though. "Here girl. Good. Sit. Shake. Okay, you can have another." And they're cute, too. :D

Suz.....I'm glad that Mac spoke her mind. I'm thinking she probably spoke her mind to the team before speaking it to the media. And I don't really care to speculate on who is or is not a "giggler." Let's just bear down and get ready for the changes that are coming and hope they help to make the Spirit the winning team we all know they can be.

Charter Member of the Spectres =Mac Mafia enforcer -- the evil one! =I want my MAC AVATAR back!!! Please keep Clive Charles and his family in your =thoughts and prayers. "Whenever I have to choose between two evils, I always =like to try the one I haven't tried before." - Mae =WestTherefore, I shall go by the name =Smactish. Think anyone will know it's me?

18. Ah, go to KY for a month and you become totally out of the loop

1. What was Mac speaking out about?

2. Suz - Shannon will never become the Mia (in a bad way) of the Spirit. I can promise you that.

3. Carrie - the frat boy called you?! I wasn't really into him so I gave him your number and said it was mine. (I was into his "brother") ;) :p

19. Nevermind about #1, I read the article and posted my opinion in "Time for Change"...lets not discuss it here.

So, who's going to the Sept 14 game?

20. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    awful. if i get perscribed for anxiety, you are paying for them. ;)

hey C, is that the exhibition game against phillly?

whos going to gold cup? its at pasadena and fullerton...

21. Re: Ah, go to KY for a month and you become totally out of the loop

You mean the 27 year old one from the car wash????!!!!!!
    Yep....I'm going up to see the boy tomorrow.

22. PTDT.......Mac's interview with Coach Kentera earlier tonight. "Classy lady. Class act." Role Model --- "Shannon MacMillan definitely is." This guy beat the hell out of Jeff and Dave especially in the knowledge and class departments. And before you guys rip me a new one.....yes, they were hysterical, but Coach actually goes after the sport stuff.....you know....what the players do to earn a living? ;)

23. hehehe....poor blab

That was a big a$$ cookie, and speaking of......I get to see Eli tomorrow....sigh. Bouncy...bouncy....bouncy.....bounce....hike! And his tight end. His roommate, Zeigler, not his.... :eek: Would I say something like that? Oh, and after watching Millwood tonight, I'm in total agreement with you knm. (You need a code name.) ;)

Uh oh! Need to get back on track...... WAR MAC!!!

24. Cary- No,not the car wash boy..haha

Suz- Yes, Sept 14 is the Philly Exibition game. And I am going to the Gold Cup as well.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Wambach get two yellows in this semi-final?! Why wasn't she tossed?

25. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    she got one for pushing down connors... did she get another one??