888 thread part II

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Shawn, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Happy Birthday C!!!

Hope you enjoyed your birthday present!

Hint:

Boston 1 ..... Carolina 0

San Jose 1 ..... Atlanta 1

:D

2. Thanks!

Due to everyone's well wishes and the Spirit's birth into the playoffs, yesterday turned out to be one hell of a bday!!

We do the heavy celebrating tomorrow night in Beverly Hills, so maybe then I will live up to my bead escapade!

3. Sweet sign at Saturday's game, C!

Cutting should begin today, hopefully.

According to the rumors swirling around, that should give Mac about a week to show Ape what she can do. :crosses fingers, hits knees, crosses self, clasps hands, resumes good thoughts and prayers for Mac's speedy and full recovery:

4. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Did you just do the hand jive?? Is that good luck in Mississippi??

:::tries to imitate Carrie:::

Good luck to Mac!!

5. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    New Mac journal is up.

Where's the thread

6. WAY TO GO MAC!!!!!!

We knew you could do it!

Happy for you for making the WWC '03 roster -- feel for you after reading the sad news about Clive Charles.

A roller coaster of emotions for Mac fans today.

7. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A sad note for those who care for Mac. Clive Charles finally succumbed to cancer and died yesterday. My thoughts and prayers go out to Clive's family, Mac & Tiffeny, and all of his other former players...

8. Bittersweet Tuesday

Yesterday was a mix of emotions for the soccer community. Some players' world of opportunity opened, and to others, their world ended. Two coaches made major decisions in this world of soccer: 1) April Heinrichs made her final cut for the World Cup and 2) Clive Charles decided to leave this life. Many were affected by both decisions; a few rejoiced and others mourned, some both. And while April's decision was one of happiness for the MacMillan clan, a dark shadow was cast in the murky afternoon as "Charlo" departed to that lovely pitch in the sky. My thoughts and prayers go out to every life Clive touched, specifically Ms. MacMillan. Yesterday was dark in the midst of hope and miracle - truly a Bittersweet Tuesday.

9. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    One of the greatest things in the world was to watch Shannon take the field last night . . . and then to hear the roar (and I mean ROAR) of the crowd.

Could that have been any more awesome??

Congrats on the come back kid and all that she's battling through. Not just the knee!

Here's to a successful World Cup!!

10. Sweet Sista'!

Couldn't have said it better!

It was the anticipation of WWC '99 x10...watching Shannon warmup as the clock ticked on, praying at every dead ball that the center ref would allow the sub, waiting for that jacket to slide off and for that #8 MacMILLAN jersey to grace the arena with an aura comparable to "god-sent"....Awesome game, amazing experience - Mac: We are SO proud of you!

11. Sweet to see Mac out on the field wearing #8 again! Have I cried more during a soccer game? Not in a while anyway. Way to go Mac!

Hope the "Bobblehead Curse" is only a one-time occurence, eh MM#8? Watch out Mac and San D.

12. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    In case anyone doesn't know yet. Mac put up a new journal on her site back on September 3rd.

Check it out!

13. Mac, could you post another journal entry telling us why (WHY?) you were sporting that oh so fashionable accessory on the bench Sunday?

14. OK, I'll say it...

Mac! Full90 is a FullNoNo!! You don't head the ball all that much anyway primarily because of your height...and last I checked, protective headgear only rises one's stance in the dork pyramid, not on the tape measure... ;) :p

15. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Re: OK, I'll say it...

Does that mean you're calling Joy a dork??

GASP!! You might have to thrown down with Karli over that one. And remember . . . she's a Thrasher!

16. macnmil816

macnmil816 New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Modesto, CA
    full90

So I was at the game on Sunday and it took me awhile to figure out where the heck Mac was...then I finally was like OMG, what is she doing with the Full90 on?! I'm sorry but those things are so funny lookin. Anyone know why Mac didn't play cuz she it seemed to me that she thought she was gonna get the chance to? Oh, get this...I made a sign for Mac and someone stole it at the game! Now why would someone want to steal a sign?! Different people stole my hit stick thingys too! Not nice ppl.

17. Re: Re: OK, I'll say it...

Can I lessen my jail sentence if I say she's the "Coolest dork around"?? :confused:

MacnMil - What did your sign say? Was the culprit wearing lunch lady gloves??? ;)

18. macnmil816

macnmil816 New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Modesto, CA
    my sign

i drew the american flag across the entire background and the put, Return of the MAC #8 in the middle. had glitter on the stars and all. i was so mad that shannon ended up not gettin to play. only good thing that came out of it, is that she took the awful Full90 headband off before the game was over cuz she wasn't going in. she looked good in the warmups though :) at one point during the game, i looked over at the bench (millie was sittin next to her) and i could see shannon like lookin at her knee and then showing millie...who then, in return, started lookin at her knee and showing shannon. as if they were comparing scars or something hehe

19. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Re: full90

That's blasphemous!! Who goes around stealing Mac signs any way?? Carrie?? Give back the sign already!! What a klepto . . . . . .

I read in one of the articles following the game (no, I don't remember which one) that Mac was supposed to get in the game, but the last U.S. sub was used when Mullinix had to go in for Scurry.

Was looking forward to seeing her get some more playing time before the games officially begin.

20. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Re: Re: Re: OK, I'll say it...

Maybe. I'll have to ask little Thrasher and see how she feels about that. You may have to buy her ice cream to finalize the deal.

Long live the Full90 . . . I thought they needed some love right now.

21. Apocalypse Now?

People stealing Mac signs, Knm giving props to the FullNoNo, and Mac WEARING the FullNoNo....

...Is the end of the world just around the corner?

:eek:I shudder to think!:eek:

I can TOTALLY do the ice cream thing for Thrasher!

22. What is happening to the world? No, it wasn't me. I have witnesses that I was at the Ole Miss soccer field on Sunday annoying the hell out of people with my "Wayne's World -- you have a text message" tune going off every few minutes. :D thanks again knm & phats!!!

Whoever stole macnmil's sign is lower than whale ____!!! How lazy is that? "I want to be on tv, but I don't want to make a sign. Oh, here's one, I'll steal it!"

Lunch lady gloves? :eek: Searching for a pseudonym.

note to self: remember to make copy of pic of Mac's teammate Latham in FullNoNo for Thrasher

WAR MAC!!! Death to Mac sign stealers!

23. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FROM PAIN, A MIRACLE GAINED - Inspired by her dying mentor, MacMillan makes incredible recovery from torn ACL, by Mark Zeigler

"I got on the phone and of course I cried to him because I always did," MacMillan says. "And he said what he always said, which is: 'Don't feel sorry for yourself, because I never want you to feel sorry for yourself.' He said, 'Get to work. Do everything you can.' "

Charles also told her something else: "Let's make a promise to each other. I'm going to hold on to see you play again. I'll do that if you get your butt back out there."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/sat/sports/news_1s20wcup.html

25. :eek: Don't let "The Enquirer" get a hold of them - they'd have a field ::no pun intended:: day!

Mac didn't get any time during the Sweden match yesterday - Ape gave Millie the chance and I don't think she stepped up to the occassion. Understandably so, she hasn't been practicing w/ the nats regularly and all that trauma - she was even closer to Clive than Mac I believe.
    So Ape, put our Gimp Girl in! Mac can take the heat (and kick some ass while she's at it)!! :D