8 Premiership Players Accused of Rape

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Coach_McGuirk, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I realize I need to look at the source of this story (The Sun) to understand that it may be not much at all, but Scotland Yard was quoted, so it seems somewhat legit.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1051868,00.html

Anybody in London have any more info, perhaps what team, etc?

Let me add that I am not more concerned about what team this has happened to than I am about the fact that a 17 year-old girl has allegedly been raped. If the allegations are indeed true, I don't care if it was 8 Arsenal players, they all will need to be strung up!

2. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    This is just purely disturbing. The real danger in this is that whatever happened(and we simply don't know what happened and on one else really does except the parties involved)is that a lot of people will rightly or wrongly have their reputations severely damaged. Obviously if these allegations are in fact true then certainly there is no truly adequate punishment. What is disturbing we do not know that the allegations are in fact true. But wheteher they are ior not certainly the character and reputation of those involved or alleged to be involved will be permanently damaged, along with the life and reputation of one rather young woman. The only way to ensure a minimum of innapporiate or even unfair damage is done is to refrain from trying the case anywhere but in the appropriate courtroom, and to let the facts and not personal biases or beliefs lead to wrong conclusions that cannot be taken back. Now I will sit back and watch us all ignore that, myself included...

3. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    BTW I am not in anyway making light of or ignoring what this very unfortunate girl may have suffered which if true is horrifically awful. But we simply don't know any of this and for everyone's sake until it is determined what happened let's not destroy ANYONE with foolish speculation. The tragedy here is no matter how things proceed several people rightly or wrongly will see their reputations damaged or even destroyed whether they are in fact guilty of anything or not-gossip always does more harm than the truth, as hard as that is to imagine in such an alleged case. Pray for the young woman and hope for the best which is for the truth to prevail...

4. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
  5. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    From the Evening Standard:

"Premiership games to take place in London over the weekend involved Arsenal and Newcastle on Friday night, Chelsea and Aston Villa on Saturday and Charlton against Liverpool yesterday."

6. Rambler

Rambler New Member

May 6, 2003
    It's already common knowledge that the two primary suspects under investigation are Keiron Dyer and Ashley Cole. Not suprising really is it. I bet there are a few other Goonas involved, but I reckon most are Newcastle players

7. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
    And your sources on this are...?

8. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    This looks ugly. For whoever is involved, this is going to be a media bloodbath that will make last Sunday's caper look like a walk in the park.

9. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Your baseless speculation conflicts with baseless speculation elsewhere on this site. In that scenario, it's one Charlton player and seven Newcastle players (all of them English by the way - what a shock).

10. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    This kind of thing is a no-win for the players invoved: if they are guilty, they have thrown away a career and will spend time in prison, but even if these charges are baseless, if their name's are released they will never get back their reputations no matter what happens.

Sadly enough, this scenario has played it's way out in the States from both angles (player was guilty, player wasn't guilty but his reputation is ruined)

11. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    IE (see Kobe Bryant) guilty or innocent~

12. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    What an idiot! Stop making Bull*#*#*#*#*# false statements up. It's not common knowledge anywhere, the police haven't released any information about any players. And it's typical spurs fans jumping at the bit to tarnish Arsenal. Grow up or **** off if you have nothing better to say.

13. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Just so Arsenal name is completely cleansed of this issue. I have a reasonable strong source which states that NO ARSENAL player was involved in this terrible incident.

Apparently a club we have faced VERY VERY recently contains 7 of the offenders and the other one is a young player on loan to one London club from another London club. Who has a namesake at both his orignial club and at Arsenal. Which maybe where the confusion arose from in the first place.

Very Very sad. I hope they get what's coming to them.

14. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Maybe its Konchesky.

15. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Not quite..apparently this particular player was the one giving consent but a player who's name rhymes with bumble had deviant intentions....best not to name name's lawyers and all that! Would do a smiley but it's not exactly appropriate.

16. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    All British bookmakers have stopped taking bets on the next Premiership manager to go! Looks like there's going to be a resignation.

Sir Bobby?

17. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    The Robson rumors are allegedly more about performance than this, though the timing is certainly curious.

18. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I now have the "full low down" on what went on and who is involved. However as Arsenal have just kicked off I will update (to a certain degree) after the game.

19. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    so yes, inform us of this "full low down" that you have. i understand the name sake hint that ray parlour said, but i don't understand that "rhymes with bumble" clue. i'm very curious as to how this is shaping up and who it is going to be affecting. that being said, i'm not trying to downplay how traumatic this must be for the girl. this is an atrocious act that needs to be dealt with swiftly and sternly

20. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any update coming soon?

21. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    First of all, living here, and with no "handle" to hide behind, and with the British press reticent to "name names", and not wanting to put myself into a legal minefield for more reasons that one, I will not actually state "exactly" what has gone on, and by whom, but will give enough information which has already been mentioned in one foremat or another, or for one to draw their own conclusions. I take no sides or make any judgement. The allegation is plain and simple.
    The "main provider" of the suspects would appear to be NUFC. It's believed all persons concerned with the exception of one are black. There is the possibility that one person is from a First Division club near to London, but as to what part if any his involvement is, I know not. The other "outsider" firstly suggested as our own AC3 is probably his namesake at another London club, as mentioned by "Ray Parlour". (The consentual one).
    It's from the main club, and with "non biblical" acts that persons have set the tone for this incident to come to notice. The girl has been forensically examined and an initial "statement" provided. This will be elaborated on later in due course. The "suspects" are likely to be seen by police and interviewed during the oncoming weeks.
    Exhibits have been taken from the hotel for forensic examination. All "known parties" came to note after police requested putting a "block" on entry to individual rooms by access key, therefore enabling the individuals to have to "register" in their own names.
    If this sounds "too vague" then it's for "personal protection".

22. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Jeff, I definitely respect your position and thank you for posting this, as any information on this will be hard to find over here in the States.

23. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
  24. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If anyone wants to know more than I have expressed, (although I don't really know why, or if you can't "read between the lines), then send me a private message with your phone number, and I'll call you.
    However, let's bear in mind that this victim is someone's daughter (and/or sister), and should this materialise into any type of court case, she will go through hell.
    Let's bear in mind, some sort of dignity and not treat this as some sort of "0898" phone line.

25. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i don't know who the guys are but from what "its_only_ray_parlour" has said, "a player that
    is a young player on loan to one London club from another London club. Who has a namesake at both his orignial club and at Arsenal"

it sounds like carlton cole( i sincerely hope it isn't) but it sounds like him.