8/7/2002 US Open Cup Quater Final vs. San Jose Earth Quakes [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Aug 5, 2002.

1. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, 100fyrz, FSW announced that we play Dallas on September 3 at Titan Stadium in Fullerton. Wish I could be there, but I'll be arriving, as I said before, about the same time from NY.

2. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    "ON TO THE US OPEN CUP SEMIS against the Burn!! Ironically, the match is scheduled for the near exact time I'll be arriving in L.A."

D'oh - so I *didn't* understand right. Any guesses on where the semifinal will be played?

D'oh D'oh - looks like you answered my other question too. Have a great trip out west....

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now, don't you feel like a fool?

Go crawl back in your hole.

BTW: Only ONE team in California still has the possibilty of getting the double.

4. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I have a question, why on earth did sigi leave cien on for so long and wait for so long to ut glinton on?

Moreno and cien are so damn slow it's aggrivating.

5. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moreno was getting knocked around the whole match...thought he looked decent though.

Gotta give props to EZ for that sweet ball he laid on to Fish...but what a touch over Donkey Agoos to get clear like that!!! Not sure if that one or the winner last week (volley off the Moreno cross) is my fav of the season right now.

6. jose8lo

jose8lo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 9, 2002
    washington
    I'll admit Ruiz beat conrad cleanly but hum! what about the push on agoos before beating conrad and got away with it for the goal, oh well we're still the M.L.S. champs going on a back to back.S.J. #1.

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez....the Smurfs cry more than the Chicagoon Flamers. yeah, how about all the knocks Simon took the whole game...bottom line was, the ref was an inconsistant homer...but the G's prevailed as they should.

8. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you telling me our little fish pushed your big strong goose??? Who's kidding who? You should just be grateful that Goose didn't do his patented "own goal" move in OT.

9. SocrStopr13

SocrStopr13 Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Re: Re: 8/7/2002 US Open Cup Quater Final vs. San Jose Earth Quakes [R]

damn right...couldn't have said it any better

10. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contrary to popular opinion, Kevin Terry really IS as stupid as he looks.

11. jose8lo

jose8lo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 9, 2002
    washington
    hey dumb ass cadaver,you damn right he push agoos and the ref blew the call! oh well is over and now i'm rooting for Dallas to beat you in the semis.

12. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You obviously have me confused with someone who gives a *************** what you think, whiner.

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Congratulations on the overtime win (I would have posted earlier, but I just got back from the game). :(

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp See ya next month!

-G

14. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: 8/7/2002 US Open Cup Quater Final vs. San Jose Earth Quakes [R]

Wait a second... one (1) jackass Quakes fan, from 800 miles away in Washington state, makes a stupid post, and now all of us Smurfs cry more than Chicago? The rest of us were at the game -- give us a chance to complain about the refs or something before you classify us all as whiners.

Good game. Well played. Fish had a fantastic goal. Quakes had their chances and missed. And props to the Galaxy fans who made it up for the game.

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp And The Sigi Schmid That Ate Everything Else! ;)

-G

16. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: 8/7/2002 US Open Cup Quater Final vs. San Jose Earth Quakes [R]

Ok...I partially take back that comment about crybaby Smurf fans. ;)

17. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good win guys, the push/hold on Agoos was questionable, but good game.

18. TRC Real Sociedad

TRC Real Sociedad New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Long Beach CA
    Sweet Fish

Classy Quakes fans, the end is near.

We played with three backs, and that old red man was right in the thick of it all night, is he one tuff F***ER or what?

"The Fish that Saved SoCal" will soon get old, but not tonight baby, that was such a sweet finish you can't really say $hite. Reis had a "exciting" game to say the least, but he came up big when he needed to, so he did his job well.

See you in Fullerton, GO GALAXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a lot of pushing/holding going on both ways...and a lot less diving than I expected...but it was a good match. I just wish the ref had been more consistant...could have been an even better match then (but with the same outcome) :p

20. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great Win

Who's eating Cat now... San Jose Clash Fan ?

21. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very minor side note: What ever happened to LA's golden third jerseys that were used in the Open Cup last year? Are those only home unis?

See you all at Titan!

22. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, did anyone tape the overtime portion of the game... my tape ran out and then I had to check the score on the internet, but I didn't see the Ruiz goal....

Is there an internet link?

Thanks,

Topper

:D :D

23. ProudNatRN

ProudNatRN Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Jun 10, 2002
    Norwalk, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some extreme highs and lows in this game, guys. Obviously, Kevin Terry looks like a volunteer AYSO ref out there, that was pitiful. Some ugly, unconcentrated play out there at times as well, I'd like to see the G's clean that up. Reis had a shaky game, I mean he did have 2 good saves, but the other couple of bonehead plays are really inexcusable, a better team would have made us pay for those blunders, so I think the #1 spot is still Super Kev's to lose right now. Moreno's gotta go, he's too slow, whatever quickness he MAY have is wasted before the 1st half is over, plus his decision making skills are far from being at par in my opinion, start GAVIN! Mullan looked okay, Cien had an overall negative performance, I'd say the same about Sasha as well. BTW, where was Pete today, I thought we could have used him in there to man-mark Donovan's fey a$$.

Positives for the game? Obviously, the Fish just continues to impress me, I mean, DAMN, that was a sweet ass goal, he punked Agoos, juked Hippie Conrad out his boots, and then had the state of mind to make Conway go the wrongway :). Awesome. And finally, I think today's game showed us exactly how good Tyrone Mashall is on D. Granted, he's obviously not a natural lefty, as his service out of the back would dictate, but his one on one defensive ability and tackling were just awesome last night, I was VERY impressed. Overall great game, let's keep it up throughout our run for the Double, and I'll see all you crazy G Fans at the game VS. NE. Should be a great game, TT VS. The Fish! Vengeance! Out.

24. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I thought marshall as going to break landon's leg on the far side in the second half, he made a vicsious looking attempt, got the ball, and at least landon had enough sense to get out of the way...

I like Marshall I think he fits in well with our defenders who at moments are great, and at other moments make you want to bash your head against a wall.

25. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the win last night, it was a tight game that could have gone either way, but the Galaxy walked away winners. Clinical finish by Ruiz, when I saw him coming straight at us behind the goal I knew it was finished. I'm looking forward to the home and home in September.