8/24 (Pulisic starts) Norwich/Chelsea

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by wixson7, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    is he being given the assist?

2. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    I just want him to succeed and am wary that any extended period of average-ness results in him playing less.

This was his best PL performance of the three

3. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    I think generally he was a mixed bag today. Enough to earn another start, but he really needs to cement himself or watch out.

4. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Recording an assist for the match, is good enough for me..

Of course, u can still play extremely well without scoring or assisting.....without the assist, he had an "above average" game but again, if he can keep assisting, that's very good for him.

5. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    What doesn't help him is that this will clearly be a down year for Chelsea. I don't see them higher than 6th even with Kante and Pedro back.

6. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Agree with that..without the assist, he had an average game..but the assist, if he got it, looks very good on the stat-sheet and gives him more rope to get into the starting11.

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    IMHO CP had a very solid match - made plays on both sides of the halfway line, which give Super Frank more confidence in the lad + he gets along with Mount & Abraham

8. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    If he learns to play more with his teammates, especially those most favored by the coach, this is a good thing.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moderately positive performance. Didn’t win a job, but didn’t lose a job either.

wixson7 repped this.
  10. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Why are people doubting if he got an assist from a pass directly to the goalscorer?

ChicagoVT repped this.
  11. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Pulisic is of an age when players generally get significantly better just by getting older. His fee partly reflects that expectation, and his contributions this season won't tell the whole story about whether he was a good value.

From a USMNT perspective, I'd be more worried about overuse and fatigue than about a possible loss of playing time. The latter would probably be (at worst) a short-term setback.

12. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    Ratings from 90min.com
    Starting XI: Kepa (6); Azpilicueta (7), Christiansen (6) Zouma (6), Emerson (6); Jorginho (6), Kovacic (6), Mount (8); Barkley (6), Abraham (8), Pulisic (7).

Substitutes: Giroud (6), Willian (6),

ChicagoVT and Winoman repped this.
  13. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Bah! It's been what 3 games? Ship him home.