8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

you may want to call . . . i sent my order in via fax on june 15, the day of the deadline i believe, and have already recieved my tix.

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ticket deadline has been extended for the presale to US Supporters/Sam's Army.

The deadline now is till the sections that have been given to us are sold out. Apparently they are relatively close, so if you haven't put your order in yet ... hurry up! :cool:

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

I sent an email to USSF, because I had some procrastinating friends wanting to go to TNT but hadn't decided by the time the tickets were purchased. Here's the response that I received.

So tomorrow morning, I'll be ordering my tickets. Move quickly, if you want to get in the SA area!

3 points - nothing else will be sufficient!

4. micheal

micheal New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, cheers. It would appear that those of us who paid by check are still waiting, while those of you who paid by creadit card have your tix.

5. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    yeah, looks like next time I will charge the card instead of pay with money I actually have

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Updated ticket info at http;//www.sams-army.com.

7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news on the hotel front.

The East Hartford Holiday Inn (just 5 blocks from the stadium) has offered to host US Supporters/Sam's Army for this match.

The Sales Manager, Eddie Hussain (860-528-9611, ext 2213) has said that he will beat any price from Priceline, Hotels.com, etc.

He has also said that if we can get enough people into the hotel, he'll try and work out some benefits ... like a reception for the fans, possible drink discounts at the bar, etc.

Please call him directly if you're interested. Let him know that you got this info from me.

Good luck!

8. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I should start worrying since I paid by CC and haven't received them? I'm very not pleased :(

9. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    i might hop on that hotel deal even though my Dad's place is in Waterbury, thank you for the info

has the Army re done the membership? I am ready to sign up

10. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

ok I was wrong about the date I sent mine, I just looked online and they cashed my check today, and I wrote it on June 5th, and I believe I sent it the same day....so any day now for you, see you there

11. micheal

micheal New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My check cleared today too. See ya there!

12. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    update

[​IMG]

Best available tickets (per Ticketmaster)

$23 - Section 111, Row 10 (4 rows higher than last time)
    $33 - Section 137, Row 19
    $43 - Section 203, Row 25 (9 rows higher than last time)
    $63 - Section 202, Row 24
    $83 - Section 101, Row 21 (9 rows higher than last time)

13. Hey Waft Man

Hey Waft Man Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Colchester, CT
    Got my 18 tix by fax order. Way to go, Monty, on getting the hotel to sponsor. Does anyone in E. Hartford know a good IGA to sponsor the tailgate supplies?

- HWM

14. coolcars

coolcars New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey Soccer Fans, This is Eddie Hussain, Sales Manager for Holiday Inn East Hartford, CT.

I am a soccer fan myself and really would like to have fun with this event. I am willing and capable to throw a reception party for all the guests, and will work out drink specials for you all. When you call the hotel, before you ask for me, let the front desk know that you are calling with US Soccer or Sam's Army and they will give you the special rate and log your reservation. I will check up on how many people have reserved rooms daily and then post again to let you know what else I am going to do in terms of the party and how low I can get the drinks to go.

Any questions? Dont hesitate to call: (860) 528-9611 Ext. 2213
    or email me: salesehc@lodgian.com

Lets have some fun.

15. coolcars

coolcars New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Its Eddie again...

I know alot of you are going to Voughn's but again, the more rooms I get, i can discount the hell out of the drinks and food. Even possibly make the restaurant area exclusive to you all. So whether you bring young or old everyone can sit around and have a blast, pre-game here and walk to the game, its 5 blocks away!

16. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Open bar??

(Hey, a guy can hope!!)

17. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

fyi . . . due to the success we had in SLC after I funneled the better half of a 40, I will be bringing a beer bong to Hartford as well.

18. coolcars

coolcars New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey its Eddie again, Sales Manager handling the account for us soccer- sams army. Another thing i thought of is the transportation, alot of the time its hard to get so again, if I can get some more rooms booked, i can provide the shuttle to move you guys around during the difficult times to travel.

PS Irish Pubs in Hartford include: McKinnin's, Half Door, & The Standing Stone. Those are probobly not it, but those are off the top of my head, and probobly the best ones anyway.

19. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I now have three rooms booked. Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and the Days Inn. I guess I'll decide over the next couple of weeks depending on where 'the' place to stay is going to be.

20. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously it's up to everyone on how they want to handle it, but the pre-tailgate party will be at Vaughan's, no matter what. :)

21. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt, will be there Wednesday early and Tuesday night.

Update from my above post, we're going to stay at Holiday Inn.

I decided to end up stay there (and maybe encourage others to as well).

Even though I got a roughly similar rate at the Crowne Plaza, which is nicer, I'd like to support these businesses who are interested in assisting the supporters of US Soccer. Perhaps this will establish good ties with more establishments in Hartford (and greater excitement) for future matches that may be there. Also, Monty has put in the work to get these offers for us.

So how many will be in town Tuesday?

22. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes Vaughns is in the center of the city and where we can leave a mark. Nobody will casually bump into us at the Holiday Inn. At Vaughns people will see us and realize that our national team has dedicated supporters and hopefully they can join us.

23. coolcars

coolcars New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    I busted down the rates, those of you that already have made reservations for the old price: fear not, it will bring down your rate automatically.

Make sure to let the guys at the front desk know you are with US Soccer- Sams Army and you'll get the rate and i will know your here and continue to bring the deals.

salesehc@lodgian.com
    Phone: 860-528-9611
    Fax: 860-291-9655

24. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you!! I am within driving distance of the game so I won't be staying. But what you are doing is really cool..

25. micheal

micheal New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great Eddie! See you on the 17th!