8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like a number of others I will be showing up looking for a ticket. I plan on getting to the tailgate around 4:00, so hopefully some of you with extras will still have one at the tailgate.

I've printed my parking flyer, now I just have to stock the cooler...

2. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    You should probably pass the time by changing either your avatar or sig line :D

3. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    they also posted some team practice pictures

[​IMG]

4. Redmen Rule

Redmen Rule Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 16, 2004
    Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You must be very young.
    It was only 20 years ago that you couldn't give away a ticket to a men's game and the women didn't even charge admission back then.

5. huskyinnyc

huskyinnyc New Member

Jul 30, 2005
    New York, NY
    20 years ago they would draw 14,000 to watch the worst team in the big east at the civic center. also the gho is the second most highly attended golf tournament in the world. i wouldn't be judging the sports enthusiasm of a state on a freekin women's tennis tournament.

uconn men's football, 6 out of 7 sell outs this year.

expect 25,000 -- not bad for midweek against a team with no traveling support. go usa!

6. Kevin Etzel

Kevin Etzel Member

Jul 18, 2000
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be advised that there is construction on I-84, exit 26-30, per a CT website. I don't live in the area and so don't know the extent of any potential delay or the time when you are travelling.

7. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    Any of the CT/MA guys know anything about this? Again, leaving NYC @ 5pm, looking to get up there as quickly as possible.

8. Waquoit

Waquoit Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong again. At their lowest point, the men's team drew over 10,000 fans per game to the Civic Center. And in the early 80's when they were actually pretty good, sellouts were the norm.

9. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You never know. I'm leaving the city at 4pm and plan on taking the Hutch-Merritt-91-84 route.

10. jshnull

jshnull New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    NYC

I would seriously consider leaving earlier. The traffic on I 84 is pretty bad at rush hour. Particularly around waterbury which was been reduced to two lanes for the last year and a half. I have been stuck around waterbury alone for 45 minutes to an hour on numerous occassions. But traffic in CT is always up in the air.

Thats to say nothing about the traffic leaving NYC around 5.

Just thought you should know.

J

11. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    The Corny Thompson era of the very early eighties they were decent. I was there during the Earl Kelly era, when they were finishing around 7th or so in a nine team Big East. Good enough to give us hope every year, bad enough to snuff out that hope every year. And trying to succeed in the Big East with a 6' 7" center didn't help (Tim Coles had a lot of heart, but couldn't compete with Ewing/Pinckney et al.)

Back to the topic at hand. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a strong walk up -- I'd be very happy if we hit 25K.

12. huskyinnyc

huskyinnyc New Member

Jul 30, 2005
    New York, NY
    stay the hell off of 95!

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    84 by Waterbury is miss and hit.

They will never finish the project and traffic will continue to snail along, but usually heading East isn't bad at 5pm.

Usually.

14. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Traffic on I-95 in Connecticut was very smooth yesterday, although it wasn't exactly rush hour. A lot of volume, but it wasn't slow.

Getting to Vaughan's at noon. Tailgate at 4. See you all there.

15. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Ditto

Off to breakfest in Backbay.

16. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Just found out we can come up for the game after all, plan to be in the parking lot about 4:00. Hope there are tickets left for walkups like us!

17. Waquoit

Waquoit Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the reports in the paper are true, that they reached the 20K mark over the weekend, and considering that the weather will be perfect; 25K seems entirely possible.

18. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    i should have some extra SA tix. Call me at 240-481-O852. I realise I'm dumb for putting my digits on the net, but please do not abuse me. Well, not too hard anyway

19. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    You might want to leave before 5m today. Traffic north is always a nightmare. You best bet is Merrit to 91 to 84. Merit will be tough, but once you get over the sikorsky bridge, you should be good. ;)

20. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    Anyone have any good ideas for t-shirt quotes?

21. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TNT, worse than Dempsey's Rapping.

22. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut

TNT - Worse than Soccer Moms.

I'm sure that will upset fans on boths sides!

23. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Even 30K is possible

TNT fans usually buy tickets at the stadium

24. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly looked like there was more than 30K tonight.

Great time at the tailgate and in the Sam's Army section. I don't think I'll be able to talk for a day, or two.

Good to see a few of you again (Big Dog, Dfb [Adam F], Andy Mead, Eric Appleby, Metroflip, etc.).

Hope to you some of you, and others, at the CCS Mexico game in a couple of weeks.

BB

25. UConnRadioKid

UConnRadioKid New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Hartford, CT, USA
    Announced at around 25K, but looked like more. So 10K were sold in the last week.