8/17 US v T&T US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another factor is that this falls at the end of the summer -young soccer demographic is pretty tapped out financially from vacations and going out more frequently and such.

Also, as noted, it is a Wed night. People from more than 1hr away must leave work earlier - meaning they have to have the time off or flexibility of schedule. Many do not.

Finally, with Mex coming up-more important/exciting, it would win out in any cost-benefit analysis by money concious fans.

It will be on live TV.

Pretty much a guaranteed victory.

Bruce probably not bring in the full Euro compliment.

Gold Cup was in the area a few weeks ago (with less than exciting performances).

Bummer, yes.
    Tragedy, no.

2. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Others unable or too inebriated to drive but want to get to the tailgate early could possibly take an earlier bus to the stadium, then take the shuttle back. I need to get some details on the shuttle, I'll report back on that.

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As per request:

pizza places in Central Connecticut:

Okay this isn't a complete list - but in case you need some pie:

1) Willington Pizza - on the net, two locations. If coming from Boston, this would be a nice stop off I-84. Try the red potatoe pizza and thank me later.

2) Frankie's Pizza - Enfield, CT - tricky to find, but if coming from Western Mass, this could be the place for you. The Large pizza is a rectangle that is 2 feet by 18 inches. Thin stuff, pieces cut into squares.

3) Carmine's - West Hartford, guy is from Naples, good stuff. Nice place Coming from South of Hartford on I-84, exit at Exit 41, turn right at first light, left at next light and 3 blocks on your left hand side. Great pizza.

4) Naples, Farmington - Exit 39 I think coming from South of Hartford. Exit at 39, Route 4 and its next to Starbucks on the right hand side about 1.5 miles down. BBQ chicken pizza is special.

5) If you are taking 95, through New Haven....As you turn up 91 in New Haven.....

its Exit 4 - I think State Street on 91.

You have both Modern Pizza and Amato's - a block from each other, and both are great.

Haven't had any recommendations in the East Hartford area, in fact I don't think there is much to eat in the area at all.

Okay hope that helps.

4. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Walking distance pizza from Vaughn's in downtown, there is Vito's and the Red Plate, both acceptable. There are a number of others but I'd recommend those two. Vito's is better but Red Plate is closer. Just ask around for directions.

5. Waquoit

Waquoit Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Hartford area resident, I was hoping for a better turnout so I can see more games in the future at The Rent. The local media isn't exactly helping the situation. Last Sunday, the Courant had a listing of all big the Sporting Events for the month. They had boxing from Vegas, they had women's golf from Ohio. Somehow they missed World Cup soccer less than 5 miles from their offices. I don't get it, the area has tons of youth soccer. UConn is always at the top of the attendance list for D-1 college soccer. I plan on having a ball anyway.

OT: Cleansheet, I will be in Albany this Friday night (going to the Spa Sat.). Can you recommend anything to do? I am more of a blues-jazz guy than a metal head.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ads didn't start rolling out till the last couple of weeks, so attendance might spike up a bit, but I'm thinking 11,589.

7. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Something to do in Albany on Friday? Hell if I know, I play soccer until the sun goes down, shower and fall asleep on the couch. As for the rest of Albany, I would skip it, and head up to Saratoga friday night as well, the town rocks 5 different way every night during track season.

I'll check the weekend happenings in the paper tomorrow for you.

8. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    It's easy to look past this one given what's coming up on 9/3 but I'm looking forward to next Wednesday as well. Only been to 1 WCQ so far this cycle (El Salvador) and only one other US game since the World Cup (New Zealand, plus the '02 MLS All-Star Game if you count that). I'll be at all the remaining home WCQs (assuming the Panama game will indeed be in Foxboro) and I can't wait. 1 more week.

9. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    BTW I'll also be at Foxwoods next Thursday if anyone else is going to be there...driving up Wednesday morning, picking up a high school buddy in Long Island (spending the summer there with his uncle) who goes to Trinity and hanging out in Hartford with them until Friday or Saturday...last time I hung out with these kids was 4th of July/Live 8 weekend and I don't really remember anything about the entire weekend. Only problem is they're not soccer fans, I'm trying to get them to go to the game anyway, no luck so far but I'll keep trying (hopefully I'll at least be able to get to the pre-game at Vaughan's).

10. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    15,000? Yikes! Oh well....

11. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    FWIW the fact that this game hasn't ever been in danger of selling out means that they should sell more walk-up tickets. Little incentive for people to buy ahead of time if they know they'll be able to get them on gameday.

12. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would expect at least 25k with good weather. They are having pretty decent ads (with Clint Dempsey who isnt getting the call) in the Hartford and Springfield papers sports sections which should help out quite a bit.

I will be going down to Vaughns at 12-1ish and will take the shuttle to the Rent. I got tickets in 110 which will be good enough, hopefully it wont be giants stadium and I can sit in with the army without any hassle.

[​IMG]

13. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is what you meant to do:

[​IMG]

Wednesday, August 17 :: 5pm :: World Cup Qualifier Pre-Party
    USA vs. Trinidad World Cup Soccer Qualifying GamePre- and Post-Party on Pratt Street. Drink specials, live bands and party favors. Shuttle to and from the game at Rentschler Field.

14. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Thank you!

15. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's unleaded gas running at in the area? I'm brining my SUV.

16. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $2.37 I think I paid. Good luck with that, though it's nothing compared to the prices in Italy.

17. Redmen Rule

Redmen Rule Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 16, 2004
    Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've lived here for 30 years now.
    Except fot the greater hartford open golf tournament, this state is pathetic at fan support.
    I go to the pilot pen (prep for the open) every august and it's empty.
    I expect a woeful crowd next week and hope cities like Salt Lake get a shot again.

18. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The shuttle to and from Pratt Street is being run by the City of Hartford. From what I've heard, it will run every half hour before and after the game, for a charge possibly $5 each way, I need to verify that though. So those of you coming without cars and staying in downtown Hartford are in luck as well as those who want to just leave their cars downtown.

Hartford has what some people might call a "bad reputation", so the city is trying to come out and impress everyone. Basically, within reason, you can drink on city streets and have a good time without any problems on match day. No guarantees on this, but this is what I heard. Come out if you can.

19. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This is a thread for supporters to coordinate info regarding the game in Hartford.

If you want to debate attendance, other venues, etc... Please take it elsewhere.

20. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    Does anybody know when the box office at the stadium will open on the 17th?

21. Toejam Football

Toejam Football New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Columbus,OH

Physician heal thyself. You yourself posted twice on page 20 of this thread debating attendance. You tell other posters to "take it elsewhere": so why didn't YOU?

22. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy, I'm also staying at that Holiday Inn.

I'll be flying in much earlier than you, and have a couple of meetings in Boston & Worcester earlier that day, so I can't help you with a ride from the airport.

However, I have a 9:30 a.m. flight out on Thursday and would be happy to ride you and your buddy to the airport early enough for you to catch your 7:30 a.m flight. Let me know.

23. sigpiguy69

sigpiguy69 New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Just found out I'll be able to get off of work and make the treck to Hartford...problem is because of the initial uncertainty, I was unable to commit to tix for Sam's Army before they sold out. Either way I'm going with a friend, but as any real fan would, I'd prefer to be in section 109 for the game....if anybody has an extra 2 tix that they are looking to unload for face value and a beer, we'll gladly meet you somewhere...if anybody can accomoadate, please post response here or shoot me an e-mail. Hope to hear from somebody.

24. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously all the 108 109 supporter sections are sold out, would getting a 107 or 110 section ticket put me basically close enough to think I'm there with all the supporters since the stadium is basically all bench any way.

could I Possably I just buy a cheap ticket and sneak in to 109 and just stand on the stairs? :cool:

Edit: Is there any way to choose you what section you want with ticket master?

RRRREV IT UP

25. dosacero

dosacero New Member

May 19, 2005
    NYC
    The Box Office at the Stadium will open at 4:00. If you are strolling into town earlier, you can go to the Hartford Civic Center Box Office and buy them as well.