8/15: Sky Blue FC @ Freedom 4PM

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by soccerboy8815, Aug 10, 2009.

1. soccerboy8815

soccerboy8815 New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    New Jersey
    BEST WISHES Sky Blue FC made the playoffs!! Come down to Maryland on August 15th at 4:00PM to watch the first round! If you are unable to make the game and would like to leave the team with extra support, feel free to send an email to bestwishes@skybluesoccer.com and wish the girls luck.
    Also, make sure to watch live on FSN at 4PM.

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky Blue FC is offering fans the opportunity to ride a bus together to the Sky Blue FC vs. Washington Freedom match on Saturday!

Forget about driving and save money on gas! Take the bus with the rest of the Sky Blue FC fans - transportation and a ticket to the game for $50.

Bus will leave from Somerset, N.J. at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday morning and return at approximately 10 p.m. Bring your own refreshments for a pregame tailgate party at the Maryland SoccerPlex!

Wear your Sky Blue FC gear and show your support!

To book your seat, call the Sky Blue FC ticket department at 888-SBFC-TIX (888-723-2849).

3. ankhman

ankhman Member

May 14, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wish I was still living in Jersey because I will be on that bus. Good Luck Sky Blues!!!

4. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh, the game is TAPE-DELAYED on MSG+ at 6:00. I have no clue why, neither MSG nor MSG+ have anything worth showing from 4-6.

5. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    I can't even begin to describe my distaste with this situation. Wish I just went to Maryland.

6. chinadaiyi

chinadaiyi Member

Sep 11, 2008
    China
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    any link of FSN?may i lost the living...:(

7. VaBch757

VaBch757 New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Normally I would broadcast on Justin.tv but I am in a tape delay area.

Sorry.

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    hmm.... random Q, it may not even apply today, but:
    I'm stuck with Matchtracker. Anyone know what it'll do if OT and/or PKs are necessary?

9. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    btw It's looking good for NJ as of right now, at least on Matchracker: only 8' and NJ has outshot WSH 5-1. =-)

10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    My feed has been at 16' for a while now.... anyone know whassup on the field?

11. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching on Fox Sports Midwest.

Biggest surprise for me was Hanks starting. I guess Rampone is saving Kai for the end, in case it goes to overtime.

13. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rosana came close on that one. Just didn't quite get over the top of it, although McLeod may have had it covered. Followed by O'Reilly beating a defender to get off a shot, but deflects off of another defenders legs right to McLeod.

This is really a game of patience. Both teams are playing very conservatively defensively. Neither wants to get beat, so there giving the other team room.

14. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody is playing conservative except Branam. She's gone a good 15 yards out of the box twice now to win 50-50 balls.

15. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Halftime. Looks like NJ has the advantage as per stats, but it sounds like a very tentative game....

16. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    yes they are both playing conservative. although all it takes is 1 team to score, the other will have no choice but to go all out, and the insanity will begun

17. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely tentative. Washington looks like they are waiting for Sky Blue to make a mistake and then get a quick ball through to DeVanna hoping her speed will beat the defense. They've been close two or three times. Sky Blue has been giving the Freedom room to bring it up for the most part. I'm a little surprised Washington went with Gilbeau at midfield. But I guess they would rather have Krieger's experience on the back line rather than move her up. Long hasn't started much late in the year since her toe injury, so they're probably saving her. Looked to me like Wambach was conserving energy as much as possible. DeVanna, on the other hand, hasn't been. So it will be interesting to see their subs and when they make them.

Sky Blue has had a lot of shots, but since I've been watching (about the 16 minute mark), they really haven't had much from close in. Most from the edge the penalty area and out. Rosana's was probably the best chance I saw. Sky Blue has been a little careless at time with passes in the midfield, but they haven't been burned yet. Hanks looks like she's about done in. She isn't used to playing long minutes anymore and it's pretty warm. I think we'll see Kai pretty soon. It's my feeling that Sky Blue's biggest edge is in the midfield, but I haven't noticed it all that much, except for Rosana being dangerous a few times.

The play has not been nearly as one sided as the shots.

18. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost a goal! DeVanna crosses to Krieger, just over the bar.

First sub and tactical change. Singer in for Gilbeau and they move Krieger up to provide more speed and attack in the midfield. Almost worked right off the bat.

19. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My biggest griping point of the year...AR's and offsides. Rosana called for offsides. No angle on television so I don't know for sure, but DeVanna was definitely off once in the 1st half on similar play and it went uncalled. The AR's have been so inconsistent (bad) on offsides this year.

53rd minute and Kai is up to come in.

20. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: WOW...people are actually posting here. :D

Best wishes to SkyBlue on their first ever WPS playoff game. Washington has had the better chances so far and Branham has been quite the daredevil but you guys are hanging tough and could squeak this out. You never know.

Hope Solo said earlier today that she prefers facing SkyBlue.

21. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kai's in the game for a minute and scores!

White pops ball up in the air and Whitehill and Sauerbrunn are kind of flat footed. Kai runs between them, bodies it down to her feet and puts it in.

22. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, the pace will definitely pick up now.

23. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    GOAL!!!! ^.^

Now, the onslaught begins....

24. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tell you, if Sky Blue wants to win this match, they better limit the Freedom's set pieces, because Washington scores a lot on those and on headers.

Singer with a good chance from about 10 yards, but doesn't get off much of a shot. Washington has definitely picked up the intensity now.

Francielle in for McCallum. Big surprise there. She has only played in one game for Sky Blue and not a lot of experience.

Nice dive by Abby.

Kai is through but hits the post. I guess she was called offsides. I've got the sound down because I can't stand the...

25. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long in for Moros.

I swear, DeVanna never wears out. 70 minutes into the game she's chasing down the keeper to try and block and kick out.

Francielle just wide of the post, but McLeod had it covered.

Parker for White. Last substitution.