7/31: Freedom v Courage PBP [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Jul 31, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Well barring anything happening betwixt my office, KMart, and home I should have my laptop set up just in time for the start of the match. Hope I, as well as others wanting to help out, can do a decent job with tonight's PBP thread.

If someone can roll over to the league site and put up the the starting 11s as soon as they are up that would be greatly appreciated.

2. judymd

judymd New Member

fear - what channel is that on directtv? i know that csn is showing the game delayed, but is fss showing it on time? if so, i can catch this game and more importantly, the philly-sj game. thanks

forget it - i found out its on 633

3. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Fox Sports South is showing it here in Atlanta.

4. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    I wish my FSS was showing it. Instead they're showing the Braves/Brewers game. I'm gonna check 633, but I think it's going to be on blackout. Oh well, that's why they invented time delay. I'll be happy to chip in on play by play by way of the tracker.

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I wonder how many of the Freedom stalkers are silently wishing they were watching 595 right now at Summers. :eek::D Wipe the Astroglide off my friends.

Let's get this mofo going already!

Apparently it's a sellout crowd at SAS.

Beergut Nuttuck Prinz...your German ass is going down!!!

Dean Linke and Dino are in the booth.

Abby and Bai Jie up top. Mia will be playing in the second half.

Looks like Slaton will be starting tonight.

Oh look...TR just got the red.

Beergut and Floptop up top. Brooke O'Hanley plays in place of TR. Oh look...there is the gay lion bobblehead.

There is nothing like the Hobblehead though!!! ROTFLMFBAO THE HOBBLEHEAD!!!

Anyone here like Vanilla Coke? I am trying to get use to it. Hopefully Vanilla Coke will bring the Freedom good luck tonight.

6. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Will wonders never cease, 633 isn't blacked out. Lovely. Now I can give play by play live, should anyone want it. ;)

7. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Who the hell wears a dark colored sports coat in the middle of summer??? Slaton will be at left back for the Courage. Yup big crowd at SAS. Beergut tuck your nuts in please. :D

Courage in their blues going left to right.

Prinz tries to flop in the box. Ball sent into her but she slips and Siri picks it up. Looks like C-Moore will be shadowing Beergut.

Prinz gets the corner on the nearside. Hege Riise has gone back to taking the Courage corners. Low and out. Nada.

8. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Moore boots the ball over the endline for Carolina's first corner. Riise shot it in low, and it's cleared out.

Fotop has a good header on goal and Siri clears it over the crossbar. Excellent save.

The ball is staying on the Washington end of the field right now. Washington needs to move it upfield.

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    2'

Ball sent into a leaping Floptop. Floptop able to get a head on it...heads toward goal....Siri able to tip it over the crossbar...results in second Courage corner of the night...Riise to take it...blah blah blah...

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    3rd minute...Freedom finally able to get some possession....nope..turn over Courage...ball sent downfield...Courage still with poossession...switched to Burt on right flank..tries to cross it in...over the endline.

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    5'

Siri sends ball downfield...Freedom really haven't been able to possess the ball..well now they do...pinging around the backline...Skylar on the right flank sends it to Wambach...turnover...Prinz gets the ball...tries to beat C-Moore...Emmy Barr able to come in and interupt her attack..sends ball out...Slaton with throw in from far side...ball heads into the area...foul on a Courage player.

12. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    7th minute...up to this point Courage have pretty much played in their mid and attacking third...Luckenbill taking a nap with nothing to do...well long ball sent in...Luckenbill able to come off her line and pick it up.

13. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    foul was on Riise

14. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    well there's nothing like a blurb/commercial that blocks the entire pitch...

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    8'

I'm sounding like a damn broken record...Freedom haven't really been able to do jack squat..Barr coming up the left flank...pinging around in midfield..switched to far side of the field....Jones gets the ball inside the 18..tries to lay off a pass to Bai Jie...uhhh WTF did Bai Jie just do...

9'

Beergut..C-Moore...uhhh something..ends up being a Courage throw in...Slaton serves the ball...and it's over the endline.

16. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What does thunder and lightning have to do with Luckenbill getting a red card.

BTW: The Fotop hearder on goal was NOTHING and Siri's save was actually poor. If she was able to jump she could have caught the ball. The header was so soft a U12G should catch it.

17. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    lol, ok, I'm just now reading your posts, Fear. Beergut, lol

18. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    10'

Barr with the ball on left flank...uhhh...

Courage foul...Jen Grubb to take the freekick from who knows how far...Grubb sends it in...a diving Bai Jie...off a Courage player...first Freedom corner of the night....

Pu Wei to take the corner....sends near post to a leaping Bai Jie...************!!! Luckenbill able to snag that one. SOB!!! :mad:

19. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    POS 60 second rule!!!

Get my ass to DC and I'll show you some thunder and lighting...right Heather!??!? :eek::eek:

20. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    14': Ann Cook just dropped the f-bomb I think. She is down. She is pissed. Someone get me a Siri bobblehead!!! Looks like a left knee thingy. Maybe? yeah a knee thingky. 10 v 11 now.

Blah blah blah Burt sends the ball into the area...easy save for Siri.

Bai Jie takes a shot from inside the 18..Luckenbill makes the easy save.

21. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    16' Unni Lehn with a cross from the near side...right to Fotop..Fotop takes a shot...nope.

Damn...Venus James with a header...over the crossbar.

22. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    17' Ann Cook limping back to the bench with the help of a Freedom trainer and the gorgeous Mia Hamm :eek::eek:.

Whew...Hege Riise...almost...almost...good think one of the Twins was there...Riise at the top of the 18 but Skylar able to snag the ball from her before she fires off a shot.

23. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cook's injury looks like it invloves the MCL. The area of the knee they were applying presure to is where pain from MCL injuries is usually found.

The fact that there is a lot of pain is NOT necessarly a bad sign. Often the worse MCL injuries have little pain while one that a player comes back quickly from has a LOT of pain.

24. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    18' Noftsinger in for Ann Cook.

Injury update...Drew Smith reporting that Ann Cook was in a shitload of pain. Apparently Cookie has had surgery in that knee before. :eek:

25. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    20' Courage on the attack...Jones knocks it out of bounds at midfield...wow...Noftsinger :eek::eek:!!!

Beergut across the top of the 18..takes a left footed shot...easy save for Siri.