7/31: Charge v Cyberrays PBP [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Jul 31, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Goddamn the Charge sucked in this match. Cyberrays definately wanted this game more than the Charge.

Congrats Cyberray fans!!!

2. Gandalf21

Gandalf21 Member

May 22, 2001
    Livermore, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shots: CRAYS 17, Charge 5
    SOG CRAYS 5, Charge 5 Can't be right, the Charge must had a couple of shots not on goal
    Corner Kicks: CRAYS 8, Charge 3
    Fouls: CRAYS 17, Charge 12

Fear is right, the CRAYS wanted in more than Philly

3. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got back from the game, though I had to leave early due to work and the siblings needing to do the same, with one working on a term paper. I ended up seeing portions of the game from the center line (where there seems to be a lot more crashing the net) and behind the goal on the NE side.

Rather feisty game to say the least. A lot of missed chances from both sides--the North Goal seemed to let any in. The Venturini goal was a rocket.

The Charge were depleted on major players, while the Rays had their full complement so they were willing to go all out on this one.

Katia is a legitimate league MVP candidate. Three games left for the Rays, and hope for help.

Cheers!

4. shortee

shortee Member

Jun 7, 2002
    East Bay
    my guess is if those shots never hit the post or the crossbar the score would at least be 4-0. i thought they were pretty good tonight. nice header by tish. i can never get enough of tishas flip. :p

im also happy i got a crays jersey :D

did anybody at the game notice erin montoya was there with the team? i suppose she might be with them the rest of the season since clarks out and hendershots still injured.

dont know what else to say, but if they keep playing like they really wanna win we'll get those wins.

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i must say, she did that RIGHT INFRONT OF ME...and i flipped out too! i was screaming so loudly and celebrating...awesome! good times good times!

and yes, erin montoya is with the team now...taking kim clark's place on the roster, she was signing autos and talking with us after the game.

i'm so happy gina got the assist for katia's goal...everytime she got the ball my cousins and i would scream "GIIIINNNNNNAAAAAAA" so loudly... :) it was fun!!!!

oh, and my cousins made it on TV...during halftime, they showed them with their signs...one was a sign for Lisa, the other for Keysia and Boof...and you could see my head behind them for a split second...my moment of fame ;) lol

elaine

6. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    No help yet. What is up with Carolina?

Our game against DC was a huge turning point. We may have one more game to play than the Freedom, but they hold more than a one game lead. Of the contending teams, we arguably have the hardest final schedule. To top it off, one or both of our closest competitors will gain points in the standing this weekend.

Like Nap said, we need help. We are in a position no team ever wants to be in--unable to control our own destiny. According to AndyMead's "Magic Numbers" spreadsheet, we could win the rest of our games but tie Atlanta for fourth (and thus miss the playoffs by virtue of losing all tie-breakers) if DC beats them and they both win their other games.

But I don't want to dwell on that. As much as I want to think about how much our last game against DC hurt us, as much as I want to hope against the four teams above us, the best thing for the 'Rays to do is to focus within themselves and win out. Playoffs or no playoffs, let's take these 9 points.

*Interestingly enough, 9 more points would give us 37 on the season. Last year, that was good enough to lead the league. This year it may not be good enough to make the playoffs.

7. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    Ian = lame

:mad:

8. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    Ah I couldn't make it last night and I'll celebrate now, 10 hours later!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!! Everyone was wondering if Mrs. CORKY would pull that out ever and there it is!! Awesome celebration. :D GO TISH!! GO 'Rays!!

Thanks for doing the PBP, guys. It was fun to read through and very helpful!!!

9. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    Beth will be happy. Good for Erin! She had a nice pre-season with us and was doing great in the W-League, she deserves this chance.

Elo, you must have had an awesome view!! That flip is still awesome 3 years later.