7/27: Spirit v Freedom [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Jul 27, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    From the Washington Times:

Hamm ignites Freedom victory
    By Ken Wright
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES

C'mon..get that SDUT article up so I can go back to watching "Black Hawk Down".

2. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    quote from Times article

Someone explain this one for me:

"I think for a little while I was still recovering from that 90 minutes [against Philadelphia on July[ThSp]14]," Hamm said. "I was overzealous [then]. The problem with this injury (she'll need offseason knee surgery) is that it's a constant education about what I can do. I felt better out there, and my mindset was better. I don't know where my mind was in the last game."

Knee surgery again? Did the guy writing this article flub? Surely she doesn't need surgery again when she just freakin had it...

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  4. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Re: quote from Times article

One thing about the Washington Times that I learned last night is that sometimes they tend to butcher and/or cobble together quotes. That Hamm one you have up is one example as is one of the Abby ones they have in there:

Word for word this is not what Abby said at the press conference.

5. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Re: Re: quote from Times article

What confused me was the surgery thing. Surely the guy knows she had surgery last season and is currently recovering, not anticipating a future recovery.

6. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Re: quote from Times article

What!!
    If this was the case we would have heard it from a couple different places already. I think I'm gonna e-mail this guy... clear things up.

7. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    Re: Re: quote from Times article

lol, I don't really think there's anything to clear up. I think he doesn't know what he's talking about.

8. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Basically, just get your DC soccer news from the Post. Check out the DC United forum for a thread on how the Times constantly tries to spin everything conceivable against United. Not that United needs any help doing that nowadays, but there was a particularly pathetic attempt to put words into Ray Hudson's mouth in today's paper. There's a reason I just rely on the Post...

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  10. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    Jen Grubb's sliding save off the line made ESPN Sportscenter's "Plays of the Week" yay!

WAR JEN
    WAR FREEDOM

11. sebakoole

sebakoole New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Wow! They showed WUSA on Sportscenter! Amazing! I think the Sportscenter story on the men's WC final was about 30 seconds long. Wouldn't want to cut into that 20 minutes of exciting golf coverage...

12. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    woohoo!! Go Jen and Abbs and Seer!!!

Can I get a tape of this game from anybody? pppppllllllleeeeaaaasssseeee!!!!