7/27: Courage v Beat IN-GAME [R] (do post-match in another thread please!)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Jul 27, 2002.

1. piper

piper New Member

Anybody got a copy? :D

2. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Great game!!! I don't know what it was like on TV, but it was one of the biggest crowds we've had this year, and certainly the most vocal. I didn't get the final offical count, but Carolina out-fouled us something like 18 to 9. And they call US thugs! Nonen and Agustyniak realy did the number on Printz, and as you've said Helge Riese was really shut down. Stone used his bench well. I was dumbfounded when he took out CP, but Burtie as usual was great. I can't BELIEVE(!) that Hooper missed that breakaway on Luckenbill.. WAR BEAT! GREAT GAME GREAT CROWD!!!!

3. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    One negative... the damn music was worse than any game this season.

Was this Brianna's best game in recent memory?

Sawa and Serlenga were magnificent.

Damn it was HOT!!!

Ludahai and his wife are going to give Taiwan a year to see if that's their destiny. Sun
    Wen gave them a big wave when she came off.

Stone was ballistic over the refs, but I bet if we vist the Carolina boards they are over the top.

4. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Nonen should have gotten a second yellow on that second shove. If i were TR I'd be pissed too.

5. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Please, if the TV gave the attendance, can someone post it here?

6. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Wow, less than 7 K. It felt and sounded like more. Maybe such a great game will bring in more for the next couple of games.

7. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    It sure did sound like more. I don't think I have been to a louder match this season. I think we have the makings of a real rivalry between the two teams. There was a lot of venom in the stands today, especially when Printz got the Yellow. That was great. Sharolta really laid it on her too. That was great.

Tiffany didn't show the greatest judgement arguing the call at the end of the match. Yellow is one thing. To keep arguing after the yellow was only acking for trouble.

8. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    The music was horrible. Even coach Stone was annoyed by it at times.

Bri definatelly bailed out our defense on a couple of occasions.

It was hot, but you know what say here Mike, it is the humidity.

Thanks Mike. We are excited about the move, but we sure will miss y'all, especially as Atlanta wins the Founder's Cup on home turf. We chatted with Sun, Wang, and Nonen after the match. Sun even gave us her email address and cell phone number in Shanghai. She told me she is planning on playing in the World Cup next year in China. We told both her and Wang that we are going to try to be there. I have to give Nonen kudos over the way she manhandled Printz tonight. It was great. I think her bf also gave her some roses after the match. I thought he was getting ready to propose or something.

WAR BEAT!!!

9. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    It was hard to see that play up the touchline from where I was sitting, but I am not sure how much of that crash into the boards (reminded me of a hockey game at times) was Nonen pushing her and how much was Printz's aggressiveness.

Honestly, I think a lot more cards could have been given to both sides that weren't. Tiffany deserved the red card at end, though it was really stupid. She asked for it.

10. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Finally made it home after quite the drama...

and Ludahai and his wife can vouch for me on that.
    :D

It involves keys locked in a car, several coathangers, a cop, and a biker who used to be a car thief.

No Lie.
    :p

But I am now the proud owner of two season tix for the rest of the season (awesome seats too!) so it was well worth it.

11. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Re: Finally made it home after quite the drama...

Rather fun actually. Interesting where you might find a good Samaritan or two. Glad you made it back.

BTW, it is all true.

WAR BEAT!!!

12. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Yeah, home safe and sound.
    And so pumped up that I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to.
    :p

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    May I suggest some hot, sweaty, nasty, Idaho :eek:?

14. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Were you able to see the big divet that Prinz left in the field on TV near the goal in the second half? Looked like a bulldozer had gone through there. :p

Idaho is too far away. :D

15. flix

flix New Member

May 22, 2001
    best kept secret
    You should have seen the shoving and elbowing going on away from the action. There was so much of that going on, no wonder the ref missed some calls - he had no idea where the next foul was going to come from.

The crowd was great - and I agree I thought at least 7,500 - 8,000. Alot less room in my row, not that I minded melby (you are always welcome to be our buffer from the psycho freak).

WAR #23 - the good luck charm :D

More on the actual game later - I have to chill out after I got home to find the damn Dish was out again - mother*#%&!

16. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Alot less room in my row, not that I minded melby (you are always welcome to be our buffer from the psycho freak).
    That dude has some serious psychoses going on.

WAR #23 - the good luck charm :DYeah, lucky up until the point when she locked my keys in the car...along with both cell phones.

More on the actual game later - I have to chill out after I got home to find the damn Dish was out again - mother*#%&!
    Does this mean that I gotta beg for a copy elsewhere? :D

17. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    God, I WISH I couldve seen Prinz and TR get those cards and get mad... COURAGE=BAD!!!!

As a Charge fan, I gotta hand it to the atlanta beat. You guys rule! Dang, I thought that the courage were unbeatable by any other team than the charge. I cant believe that the courage have been shut out in two straight games! Is it that they are getting worse - or that these other teams are just getting better.

The Beat can kick washington's A$$ anyday!!!!!!!!!

18. Poirot

Poirot New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    USA
    you are too funny. I have grown fond of Prinz - she makes me laugh.
    What channel did you all watch the game on? CN8? is that only on the mainland?

I live in Hawaii, and I hate missing all these games.

19. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
  20. flix

flix New Member

May 22, 2001
    best kept secret
    The game was aired on Fox Sports South and will reair on Monday 7/29 at 12pm EST. Prinz is the biggest diver and instigater -- take notice Hooper has been dethrown as the dirtest player in the league.

Melby I will try again to record it then - you might what to beg elsewhere just in case. Sat Dish Man is making another visit this week.

21. flix

flix New Member

May 22, 2001
    best kept secret
    Nice try TR! Carolina lost it in the last 10 mins. Getting in the refs face was stupid, especially when Fettig's come-from-behind tackle takedown was an obvious card. Who are you trying to protect? And who really needed protection?

22. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Barely soccer-related- did anyone notice that the gay Rastafarian lion had his/her braids taken out?

23. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I was at the game last night in Atlanta.
    And we were quite entertained by Prinz last night ...those bellyflops were even funnier in person...and German curse words sound funny.
    hehehe :p

24. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except, apparently, July 3. :D

25. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    Roary

If you are speaking of Roary, the Courage mascot, last I saw she/he still had the braid. And it was only a single braid.