7/27: Courage v Beat IN-GAME [R] (do post-match in another thread please!)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Jul 27, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    How was that a foul on Roberts?

Oh yeah Em go ahead and post those stats you got up somewhere in the Beat forum.

2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The anouncers are NOT watching the game the call on that fould was OFFSIDE. The player was clearly offside and the referee's arm was raised on the call.

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    64th minute. Slaton gets booked for running over Emily Burt just outside the 18. Hoopoer serves a through ball to Emily Burt and then BAM!!!!!!! Slaton runs over Burt.

Nikki to take it...ball just by the arc...hits the wall...goes to Miller..Beat turn it over. Damnit!

4. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    Fear, would you like just the Beat player stats?

Thanks for the PBP, guys. MatchTracker has failed again and ya'll are wonderful!

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    68th minute Hooper scores from the top of the 18. Assist by Burt. Play started by Krykowblidki...sends a through ball to Burt...lays off a short pass to an unmarked Hooper.

Courage 0:1 Beat

71st minute...Cromwell subbed in for someone.

6. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Out of NOTHING Hooper sets herself up at the top of the box and FIRES. One of the few shots on goal that the Beat have had and GOALLLLLLLLLL.

One of Hooper's best shots ever!!!! She turned under control and released the ball as quick as I have ever seen.

7. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Do you have the entire league stats?

Man I wish I was in DC now? :eek::eek:

72nd minute. Hooper fouls Baxter. Hooper down. Hooper up.

8. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Didn't it look like both Courage defenders were watching Burt and Hooper went in the opposite direction to make some space for her?

9. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    I can give ya the big numbers(i.e. Milbrett, Katia, etc.)and the Beat tonight. I'll have to do the rest later.

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    76th minute. Floptop has been quiet tonight as well.

Oh look. It's the gay ass Beat staff with those "make noise" type of signs. :rolleyes:

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    OK those will work.

Did I just see Nonen kinda punch Floptop in the back? :D

78th minute. Damn Tommy is freaking loud on the sideline!

12. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, the turn she used actually has a name in many circles, The Brazilian Turn. IT makes space for the player when the mark is on one shoulder facing away from the space the player wants to turn into. It is VERY hard to execute in close quarters and maintain close control of the ball.

Pele must have scored 30 or 40 international goals off that very move.

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    79th minute...cross into the box...Lucky slaps it out to Kelly Cagle who fires a shot that goes wide right.

Jeezus...Luckenbill with a horrendous goal kick that goes right to Hooper...Hooper heading towards goal...jukes Luckenbill...wide open net but the ball goes out over the endline...Hooper couldn't save it.

81st minute...Meghan Anderson out, Staci Wilson in.

14. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    81st minute...Nikki to take freekick from about 25 yards or so...Courage player heads it clear...goes right to someone and then Sawa settles it and takes a shot with her right foot but nada.

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    84th minute. Boy...still trying to find out where Hege Riise is.

Cagle going down the middle.....decent amount of space...cracks a right footed shot..wide right...nothing for Luckenbill to sweat about.

16. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Avtuall, now tha I have seen the Hooper goal again she did not use the turn I mentioned. She was already facing the direction of the touch. Still a GREAT goal however.

17. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, i heard she DID get on the airplane but her game seems to have stayed on that plane.

18. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That was funny, Nonan trying to win a flat footed jump for a high ball header agains Prinz. While Nonan has many attributes height and vert jump are not amoung them.

19. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    How was that a foul on Prinz outside the 18? Tripping Nikki?

Two mins of stoppage time added.

Nonen gets booked for ummmm pushing down Prinz. Uhhh ..... Prinz gets in Nonens face and Nonen shoves her and Prinz falls down!!!! LOL :D:D

20. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Now Nel Fettig throws down Emily Burt. She gets booked. Roberts gets the red for yelling at the ref.

WOW!!!!

21. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    That's it. Courage lose to the Beat.

Prinz is PISSED!!!!!! Yelling curse words in German. :D:D

TR sits out the next Courage match cuz of the red.

Wow. What a way to end the game.

22. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Oh yeah I forgot to add that it sorta looked like Nonen shoved Prinz into the signage and then did the Jordan 1992 move. LOL :D:D

Birgit Prinz..Sharolta Nonen's bitch!!!!

23. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Boy Carolina just lost it at the end. A VERY unporfessional display by many of the Carolina players.

Roberts redcarded for a big mouth, and if my lip reading is any good a very foul one and Prinz should have been gone, second yellow, for the dive after Nonan's little push IT seems that Carolina cannot loose with grace.

24. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!! I dont think even Cindy or Hoops couldda done the job Nonen did on Prinz. Wow!! that was some strong-armed push! ooh and that wall job was awesome lol :D. Did anyone else see the rest of the crowd go up and cheer after Prinz hit the signs lol. That was the best game I saw today. Loved the drama. Ok, odds are that we play Carolina at SAS-sy stadium in the playoffs. I wonder how the Courage home town would greet us......:D Aaaah, the drama continues!!! I personally cant wait!

25. piper

piper New Member

WAR BEAT!