7/27: Courage v Beat IN-GAME [R] (do post-match in another thread please!)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Jul 27, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    38' WHEW!!! Riise on the receiving end of a pass inside the penalty area but nothing comes of it. Thank God. I don't think she was marked at all.

2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lisa K almost costs the Beat. She is waving at the assistant ref, hand in the air, while her mark sets up a cross. Fortunately the cross is off target.

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    42nd minute..Sun Wen takes the corner...headed out by a Courage player...Nikki tracks it down...and then somehow Bivens from just beyond the 18 cracks a left footed shot...over.

4. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    How's the field in ATL look? I'm guessing the music is still going. :rolleyes: Good for Sunny, it's good to hear that she's playing really well.

5. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    THANKS FOR THE SPOILER!!!!!

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    One minute of stoppage time added.

Pretty even match so far don't you think FoF?

7. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, with Atlanta having more possession and Carolina getting the more dangerous chances off breaks.

8. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    I am so sorry!!! I didn't know that you were keeping yourself totally away from the match to see it later. I'm sorry!!

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Calm the ************ down FoF!!!!! Spoilers are being given during the Courage v Beat telecast.

10. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, and thoes I can avoid. I have becom very good at that. Posting the results from another game in a PbP thread is simply WRONG. There are too many chances to spoil someone's watching of that game.

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Calling someone an ********************* is simply WRONG as well. Innocent mistake by TV15. I insist on an apolgoy by you FoF.

12. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    I deleted my statement about the other match to avoid spoiling anybody else and maybe you should edit your post that quotes mine.

How do you avoid hearing the spoilers during a match? Do you mute the game?

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Slaton in for I have no clue. Wearing a leg brace on her left leg. Hmmm...good idea or not???

Can't tell if there have been any other subs.

Yup...Burt in for Parlow. Was Parlow that gassed?

Whoa..Bivens out and ummm #16 in. Ack I can't remember who #16 is :rolleyes:. Edit. Marci Miller.

Odd. I was thinking Hooper woulda been the one subbed out.

49th minute...Prinz with another shot at goal..beats a twin...HIGH.

Whew.

14. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, I watch about 30-45 seconds delayed most of the time and the anouncers almost always give a verbal clue aabout they are about to anounce another game. Then I just hit the 30 sec skip on my TiVo and it jumps past the problem. That avoids the audio and the Video spoilers. Then later I just pause for 30 seconds or so to get the extra buffer back.

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    OK Slaton was subbed in for Venus James. :confused:

Hope Slaton doesn't further aggravate her injury.

16. Charger22

Charger22 New Member

Feb 16, 2002
    out there
    Yes!!! It's about time Burtie got a chance. That should give us some extra energy up top.

17. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    Slaton is a defender and James is a midfielder. Have you noticed any change or formation and shape by the Courage since this move?
    Parlow out after a half is really odd. Maybe she has some little injury or is still fatigued(probably not) by her explode last weekend with the Nats. Interesting.

18. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    52nd minute and Burt volleys one high over the goal.

Hmmm....

52nd minute...Kryskadowki sneds a long ball into I think Hooper but misses her. Crap forgot what I was going to say. Something about the other Beat players just standing around.

53rd minute...Riise with a freekick from just beyond the near side of the 18...sends it right to Slaton who tries to head it in..nada.

19. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    Fear, remember when I said I'd get those stats for you a few weeks back? Would you like to me to wait out the rest of this season or go ahead and get the stats as they are? I have some time right now to do that.

The MatchTracker seems to be 10 minutes slow.

20. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Aw damnit. I missed why Prinz got a yellow.

55th minute. Slaton blows by Sun Wen on far side...ends up resulting in a Courage corner...Prinz to take it...foul on Carolina...Scurry to take the goal kick.

21. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    57th minute...Atlanta corner...no one touch the damn SDUT article that will be coming out later tonight...that is mine :eek::eek:!!! Sun Wen to take the corner..right into the side netting.

22. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Big mouth and taking a shot after the whistle. Basically she behaved like a child after being called for a foul. Probably frustration with missing so many open chances.

23. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    58th minute..Cagle in for Sun Wen.

Some new 'dos on the team...Sun Wen and one of the Twins.

Brooke O' Hanley out and Meghan Anderson in for the Courage.

24. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    60th minute...

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Thank God the Courage didn't score off of that throw in!!!

Courage throw in from the far side...goes into the middle of the 18..bounces around..Scurry comes off her line and somehow gets it out there...but it goes right to a Courage player and then someone cracks a shot and Scurry had to leap up in the air to tip it over the goal with her right hand. WHEW!!!!

25. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Scurry just saves the Beat's rear THREE times after the defense decides to watch the game for a while.