7/23 SBFC vs Philly 7pm

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by kool-aide, Jul 21, 2011.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok SBFC folks, here's your chance for post-WWC lift. This game should be a really good one. Kai will be back in town in a Philly uni. The SBFC WWC players will be in town (unclear about on the field). 2 pts behind Boston & mJ for a playoff spot. Time to throw down.

I keep seeing announcements on fb by other teams hawking tickets. Rumor out of ATL is that the general admission is sold out. So, what's the word on the street in NJ?

Are any of the news outlets carrying info about the game?

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone should get HAO and Lori Lindsey to tweet Maddow (who was clearly geeked to have them on her show) asking for a re-tweet telling those that follow Maddow about tomorrow's game in NJ.

3. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Done.

And NJ needs a win this week, chance to jump into fourth is one that can't be passed up.

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done.

Also, I need a catchy/humorous twitter handle tout suite

5. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was 105 degrees on the street Friday.

HAO is suppose to start.

Media coveaged?-- that's a funny one.

6. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC

Yeah SBFC really got screwed over by the weather. Well, the entire WPS got screwed over by the weather this weekend. Was watching the Yankees game yesterday--the umpire had to change his shirt three times and keep ice packs under his pads. I know he's wearing a chest protector and all--but seriously all he does is stand there. Imagine how much worse it's gonna be for the players. Should've delayed the start time and play under the lights when it's cooler...:cool:

7. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thanks for putting the thread up Kool. My soul has been off for the past week or so. I really hope we can pull this off and steal one from the Swipers.

8. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it may currently be close to 100 degrees in N. Brunswick

9. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's any consolation, it's 97 degrees at RFK Stadium and the air conditioning in the locker rooms is out. Hope the northern England team DC United is playing survives - back home their high was 64.

10. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good win, Casey came through big time! Play improved overall with the nat'l subs and Casey in.

reported # of 1,600 for attendance seemed a little light but not by much.

11. seCrawler

seCrawler New Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santa Fe Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it raining or just hot for the Jersey game? The forecast showed 92 and rain today. It would seem SBFC isn't getting a bump in attendance from the World Cup.

12. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was around 100 at Gametime and high humidity.. don't know the answers for SB attendance... they are not getting the club support and people in the are have no idea there is a women's team. I am told they do no other advertising other than through social media, and that's almost preaching to the choir

The philly contingent was there and making much noise... Reff was dismal, affected the game flow bigtime (including 2 where she stopped play for no apparent reason, wrong throw ins and GK VS Corner, and missed blatant fouls) but did not lead to any diect goals (other than the second goal was offsides and players were expecting the flag... somehow they kept calling Philly off sides the entire 2nd half but I did not have a view to the far side of the field on those 15 calls... but nearly every pass forward that connected with a player was an Offsides (??)

Philly did not play well enough to win and looked sluggish - so hats off to SB whose fans got tired of hearing us and did some cheering of there own (more people @ a lower volume - does not make sense)

13. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Posted this in response to a question in the BOS-WNY thread, but it's probably more apt here (and to continue off your point):

I think overall management has done a good job with SBFC. They've been feeling the crunch over the past year and a half, but have rolled with the punches. I think two places where they could improve, and thus improve attendance, would be to 1) advertise better throughout New Jersey and especially in and Rutgers and 2) improve transportation to the games--if they provided a bus service, they could capitalize on people from NYC that want to go to the game (they play just an hour out of the city) as well as everyone taking NJ transit.

But I think that the heat did play a factor and they're expecting better crowds for the WNY game next week, so we'll see....

14. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One Billboard on 287 near Piscataway or Easton Ave would be worth the money and double or triple attendance... the amount of cars that pass that area everyday is 400K +