Pre-match: 60 days out, Who will win the World Cup?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by deuteronomy, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ahh! I've forgot our goalkeepers, why I can't edit my post in here? :p

They are all very good, the 3rd keeper is the one from bayern, who's in the CL final and very experienced on all international levels and a fantastic penalty-taker. Search for his records Hans-Jörg Butt: 33 goals in 34 penaltys I guess. :p

Tim Wiese is a little bit unpredictable but he's a beast, you know him from Werder Bremen. Our most likely number 1 is Manuel Neuer. Almost a kid but very skilled with wide and accurate to the millimeter throw-outs over the whole field, you'll see. I'll guess he's got some scorerpoints with these :p

This German team is very young but unpredictable, they are capable to lift the trophy or do go home after 3. I wouldn't put money on them, though :D

2. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i mean -- i think on paper it's a good team. but it's what's on the field that matters. i think guys like kroos and ozul are very talented -- they should be much more prepared in 2014. but if there is one player who is capable of showing up at the WC -- it's klose. wouldnt put money on them, as you say.

3. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Germany appears to be in a group of big,physical teams....ain't no Saudi Arabia's (2002) in that lot...

4. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nobody expects that. But except of the Fins maybe, who look like clinical finishers every time they play us, Germany likes to play with this kind of team - don't fret!:cool:

5. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    my money is on Holland!!!!

6. Ballkick

Ballkick New Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    I'd love to see Australia up there but somehow I get the feeling I'll be watching two different teams at the final.

7. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    1 JULIO CÉSAR 12 GÓMES 22 DONI
    2 MAICON 3 LÚCIO 4 JUAN 6 MICHEL BASTOS 13 DANI ÁLVES 14 LUISAO 15 THIAGO SILVA 16 GILBERTO MELO
    5 FELIPE MELO 7 ELANO 8 GILBERTO SILVA 10 KAKÁ 17 JOSUÉ 18 RAMÍRES 19 JULIO BAPTISTA 20 KLEBERSON
    9 LUIS FABIANO 11 ROBINHO 21 NILMAR 23 GRAFITE

This is not the best Brazil of all times, but it's good enough to win this WC.

They showed all their power in the SouthAmerican WCQ, in the 2 lasts Copas América, and in the Confederations Cup.

8. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed, if Spain can do it last Euros with the "choke" label over the years... i think Netherlands can do it. i don't know if there is a side with more "in form" players than the Netherlands going into this world cup