6 days left!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Liv'poolFaninAZ, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    No I'm not forgetting about the important Sofia game on Wednesday, I'm just excited that we're sooooo close to kick-off on the next campaign. I can't wait!! I've told my wife to go ahead and get mad at me now 'coz I'm not going to be able to hear her come saturday. Does anyone know where I can buy a wife-muzzle? HAAHHHH!!!! What else ya gonna do on a sat'uday? :D

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I know what ya mean, I've been following these guys for a couple of years now and every season I get the same old feeling.

Hope springs eternal..!

3. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    I am set to order some BBQ ribs and sit my ass on my couch all day watching FSC. I might not even see the sun on saturday.

4. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
  5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'm stoked beyond words.

6. jayclose

jayclose New Member

Aug 7, 2005
    cant wait the minibus is booked got all the tickets. just need the ale and the beek. 5 oclock kick off ha. 2000 scousers off there cakes!! cant wait

7. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here in the Eastern US -- watch the bitters and the scum at 7:30. Then a noon party at a friends for the LFC match, then straight to RFK to watch DCU. 12 hours straight of football. :D

8. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    Here in Boston, I am waking up around 11, catching the bus to a bar in Cambridge and watching it live with 3 of my mates, plus meeting about 3-4 others there. I am really looking forward to this :D

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'll watch the Bitters early (Left wing remember) then Mike and I will watch the lads. Then to decompress we'll take the rest of the beer and go late afternoon sailing on the sound.

Wonder what the poor people are doing...??? :cool:

10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Welcome aboard Jay. Where you guys from?
    Don't forget a report of the trip...!

11. Pilum

Pilum New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Runcorn
    You know, I kind of envy you guys. For some reason, I don't have any feelings about this season. Don't get me wrong, I've got my seat reserved in front of the radio as usual ;), and I'm trying to save up for more than the odd game or two (new mortgage+new baby does not equal financial bliss :(), but I just feel... empty. No buzz, but on the other hand no "Oh God we're doomed, mid-table, Spurs-like obscurity beckons" either.

I'm sure it will disappear when I hear City's (or Merseyside's) theme tune kick in, I've been 'up' for the European games, but this lack of feeling for the season I find a bit.... odd. :confused:

12. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    We all have times like this. Could be just a letdown from the Champions league matches and like you said, you've been a "little" preoccupied with other things. Like "Oh my god, I've got to work overtime the rest of my life to make life work" And "When will this squalling, shitting thing turn into something that'll go and get a beer from the fridge for me" (All too soon son.)

Life as you 'knew' it has gone son but the footy feeling will come back. All we need is a good win or a good cup run and you'll be salavating for the next match.
    Congrats on the new baby.
    What name does "it" have on the mini shirt.

13. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago

Congrats on the baby, bro. Dont worry about your game-mojo - it'll come back soon enough.

I been on the RedandWhiteKop forums lately and its gotten me pumped up for this season. Plus, been playing Winning Eleven Soccer on my PS2 in preparation for the season. lol. I am ready.

14. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

I could be considered a poor person (just graduated and looking for work), I just make sure I can see the games...life is too short to drink cheap beer. In an effort to make you laugh at me, what are Bitters and lads? who is who?

15. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Not at all .......snicker erm sorry...
    Naw, not to worry. The lads, well they're the team, the boys, the Reds, Liverpool...! Oh yeh "The guys" I forgot I'm bi-lingual now...:)

The Bitters, well they're the sorry fuckers that play in blue in Liverpool. In fact they're Liverpool's 3rd best team after Liverpool reserves, that is!

They're bitter because they've always played second fiddle to the lads. Pretty sad lot really.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer" good words to live by lad. er mate, er guy...!!!

16. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    4 days and a wake-up!

17. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA

haha, ok now I know, no longer americanize it for me, I will refer to them as lads and bitters from now on...

thanks mate :)

18. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a poor recent grad as well, looking for work, but somehow I managed to fork over the money for FSC. I can't really imagine life without being able to watch the EPL every weekend. :confused:

The fact that kick-off is only a couple days away hasn't really hit me yet. Come Saturday I'm sure I'll be ready, but right now I'm still basking in CL glory. :D

19. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Not to worry, most of the guys here are American (Bi Lingual of course
    You probably know then who the scum Liverbird referred to are.

20. Pilum

Pilum New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Runcorn
    Hi guys, sorry about no replies, was out last night.

I might be overstating the case by saying 'new' to be honest, Luke's 1 but it doesn't feel like it! I suppose I was hoping all the major spending would be out of the way now (yeah yeah, I know, soft me eh?). I'm wondering if I shouldn't start phoning my mum and dad at least once a day just to apologise now I know what it's like! :)

Watched the bitters last night (with a pint of bitter, coincidentally!), and the feeling for the game hasn't gone, it was still fun sending, erm, 'encouraging' texts to a bluenose friend ;) (and reading the replies, few of which are printable!), so I'm sure it'll go when that first whistle blows. Just one of them things I guess.

Words to live by! Reminds me, I keep meaning to go back to that pub...

21. SiriuslyCold

SiriuslyCold Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Malaysia
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
  22. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Drat and bother! Still, doesn't look as bad as last season, though (yet). And woud ya believe it-- Kewell back by 13th of August! Wonders never cease-- now for a miracle ...

23. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Trust me, everytime their beloved, shitting, squawling grandson goes home with you, they're smiling.

Watching the Reds will be your private - away from it all - time...and later, a treasure to pass on to your son.

24. Pilum

Pilum New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Runcorn
    You know, Imaskyo, reminds me of an advert on the box over here not so long ago. I think it was for insurance or something, but one of the scenes was a guy in his back yard with his son, he's wearing an Arsenal shirt and holding up a small one to the kid, saying with a look of deadly seriousness on his face (so serious it wouldn't surprise me to find out the actor was actually a goon) "See this son? You're an Arsenal fan. Arsenal!"

I think it's something we can all relate to... :)

25. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    My buddy Mike named his brat...(well he's 18 now and drives a cool old Land Rover) the same as yours.
    I think it was only so at parties, he can put a 5 gallon bucket on his head and say in a deep voice. "I'm your father Luke" thus embarrassing the crap out of him.