6/4 US v CR US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on the lot you park at. Some are close, some aren't. Do you have drums or anything that you are going to be carrying? If so, you could probably drop them off and then go park so you wouldn't have to carry them from your car.

Yes, the Loyalists are in a different section. The section that Sam's Army is sitting in is usually unavailable for RSL games. They made it available so SA would have great seats without having to displace any RSL season ticket holders. Which also means that it should be full of SA people too, so hopefully you won't have to deal with seating issues suggested in your previous post.

The Loyalist section is E32 which is on the the other side of the stadium.

They opened the entire stadium up for this game, so I would say that sell-out means every single seat in the entire place.

2. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have . . . um, an inside source, so this may not be an issue. But if it is, I would appreciate the assistance because yeah, I'm driving up with the drums. All of them.

:( You guys are going to miss out. Damn. There is nothing like being at the point of the spear for Sam's Army, in your home stadium.... I'm sure it will work out.

Sounds good. Do you know if they opened up the other S* sections? Aren't there more than two? Is there any way to find out?

Drool.......

3. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it Friday yet so I can get on the stupid plane already?????

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

4. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We hit the road Thursday morning! (Driving fromDallas, don'cha know!)

5. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If your source doesn't pan out, there is a drop-off section of the west lot that you could pull into and drop your stuff off before going to park somewhere else. It is located right next to where the tailgate will be happening so I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to watch your stuff for you. I think that part of the lot has a 20 minute limit or something like that so you should have a few minutes to get everything situated before you have to move your car.

I was a little sad about this too, but now we will have two sections making noise on opposite ends so it may make the stadium even more vibrant.

Yes, they opened up the other S sections (3-5). They were available to anyone that wanted to sit there, but S1 and S2 were only available to Sam's Army people so you should have a great crowd in those sections without having to worry about people getting stuck in the section without really wanting to be there.

Amen on that!

6. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm too darn old to drive 1300 miles in two days...you guys have a safe trip. :D

7. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few parking hints for those unfamiliar with the U of U campus.
    To everyone's knowledge, all parking will be free.
    The following map is for football (can't find one for soccer).

1. As noted earlier, the lot directly west (left) of the stadium is permit only and where the tailgate will be. All other lots are available to other users.
    2. The closest lots other wise are directly east (right) of the stadium and just north. I strongly recommend against these lots if you don't want to spend an hour getting out. They all filter out onto a single lane road. (road was narrowed a few years ago when TRAX went in) Much better are the lots a bit further (green colored)
    3. A good place to park (where I've parked for pointy-ball for about 25 years) to the north is the orange lot by the Merrill Engineering building. A bit of a walk (and its uphill from the stadium back to the lot) but you'll get out rather quickly.
    4. TRAX is a great option. Puts you right by the stadium and the pre-game tailgate and they run lots of extra trains before and after the matches to accomodate everyone.

[​IMG]

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    thanks for the heads up on the parking.

I'll have a ton of stuff to drop off for the tailgate. Is that little cutout at the southern part of the parking lot a drop off area?

I'll have the "Dont Tread on Me" flag. Any issue getting it in the gate - shouldn't be, but never know....

Does anyone know if the US flags are coming out?

9. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all due respect, who cares about getting out quickly? We'll be partying after the game! :)

Seriously, remember that most of the casual fans will leave after the US game, and those of us enjoying a US win (or lamenting a tie or goodness forbid a loss) will be drinking away.

And then there is the Royals v. The Football Club. While not as high-quality as USA-Costa Rica, it is still good football.

10. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, if you are referring to the half-circle shape, that is actually the grassy area where the tailgate will be . The drop off area is just east (right) of the cutout. You get there by entering on what looks like a grey road running just west of the stadium and then taking a hard left as soon as you enter the parking lot. I know that may not make a lot of sense, but you'll understand as soon as you see it.
    No problem getting flags in at all.

11. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do we want to do that? Too many syllables in Adios and the waving gesture makes the point just fine. Remember the KISS principal here.

12. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    You're a little behind the times. :)

Most of this has been covered numerous times in the three threads about this match. But oh well, welcome to the thread. See you Friday night. :D

13. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just making sure.

:D

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The weather report for Rice-Eccles Stadium on Saturday, courtesy of the Weather Channel:

Daily Details for
    Rice Stadium at University of Utah
    On The Spot Weather

Day Night

Partly Cloudy High
    67°F
    Precip
    20%
    Wind: WSW 7 mph
    Max. Humidity: 47%
    UV Index: 10 Very High
    Sunrise: 5:57 AM MT
    Avg. High: 75°F
    Record High: N/A°F (N/A)

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low
    51°F
    Precip
    20%
    Wind: SE 6 mph
    Max. Humidity: 53%
    Sunset: 8:55 PM MT
    Avg. Low: 52°F
    Record Low: N/A°F (N/A)

15. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the temperature should be nice and cool, if it's sunny the east side will be looking directly into the sun, so remember sunscreen if you're on that side.

:cool:

16. 2-0 Baby

2-0 Baby New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anybody know what is allowed inside the stadium? i'll probably have a backpack and a couple of balls...won't have a car to store them in as i'll probably take TRAX...obviously no alcohol/weapons but are bags allowed? what about streamers, tp, confetti, flags? hope to meet some of you guys tailgating and at iggys...

USA! USA! USA!

17. PhasiBon

PhasiBon New Member

May 21, 2005
    Utah, USA
    You should be fine with the bag, but no food/water with you. Security is not as tight and shouldn't be tighter than usual big football games - and you can take it most staff but food.

18. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I don't drink, but.....

1) Can I "import" beer from out-of-state (Idaho)? Will I get in trouble if I get pulled over and sitting in the back of my truck is several half-racks of beer?

2) Will I get hassled if said imported beer is seen being carried by yours truly across the UofU campus on the way to the tailgate?

Thanks

19. dysko

dysko New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You should be fine...

20. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    anyone know:

cost for a cab from airport to downtown?

alternatives (and their cost and "convenience")?

21. PhasiBon

PhasiBon New Member

May 21, 2005
    Utah, USA
    There are actually shuttles that take you to Salt Lake Temple Square every hour (IMHO). They are free as far as I can remember, because they are run by the Mormon Church. Ask the airport stuff about it and they'll have more current info than mine.

22. Nate505

Nate505 Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Colorado
    I got a few tailgating questions since I've never tailgated at a Nats game before.

I guess the first question is what is the general deal with tailgating? Is it all a bunch of private tailgates, or are the Sam's Army types having some sort of larger planned one? If there is a large planned one, are they going to grill up food for a cost? I'd love to bring my own grill and everything, but I'm coming from out of town on my own so it's just not feasable. If it's all private, I'm perfectly willing to trade a 12 pack of Fat Tire to mooch at someone's tailgate :D

23. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know this is old, but its not that old. i would like to know where you got this information because....well its wrong. WAY WRONG. the best ticket, as in singular or 1, you can buy in section W 15 is row 48, not 10. the best you can buy in W7 is 43. the entire red section is sold out and has been sold out for like a month now. the best row you can get on either side of the stadium is like row 44.

this game will have 40K+ people. if there is a decent walk up crowd of say 5-6k than this game will be very close to a sellout of 45k. hell, last week on the news they said they had sold 35k tickets. i dont know why people are predicting a crowd of 34, 35, 36k people cuz its going to be bigger than that.

its not hard to synch seperate sections chanting. we do it alllll the time at my college (university of portland). like someone said, just use large signs and go back and forth. its real easy and works good.

having the loyallists on one side and sams on the other will work good as well. it will get the whole stadium into the act of chanting and such instead of just one end trying to get the whole stadium chanting. rice eccles always makes the crowd look bigger and sound louder than it really is. this weekend is going to be huge and surely will be something that utahns have never experienced before. for those that dont know, this season has shown that utahns are VERY soccer knowledgable and know when to cheer, boo, chant, yell, etc etc.

alcohol is allowed in any of the parking lots and throughout most of the campus. dont worry about taking it from idaho to utah, just dont do something stupid ;) and give the cops a reason. you can get it into the stadium, just gotta be tricky. try a flask and put it around your ankle or thigh. they will search bags and containers and will also ask you to shake out your jacket and such. by the way, bring a long sleeve shirt or light jacket cuz it might get a little cool, especially later in the game. if your in the sun it shouldnt be too bad.

loyallists tailgate and usually ask for a small donation of like 2$ for the food. i dont know if there is going to be any changes for this game since the crowd is going to be....much bigger.

flags, drums, streamers, confetti, etc etc etc is allowed in the stadium and the paper stuff is allowed to be thrown onto the field in celebration. please please please dont toss other things onto the field or at players and if you see someone doing it, beat the sh1t out of them ;). i know its been said a thousand times, but it needs to be repeated.

a little over 52 hours until kick off, im SOOOO pumped up right now.

24. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be more than willing to chip in $10 - $20 bucks if the Loyalists can help out with food. We'll try and stop off and get our own beer, but the food thing is tough to bring from NH. :)

25. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do believe that the Loyalists will be providing some food. They are going to try and have enough, but they are not guaranteeing it. If you want to make sure you get some food, show up early. And they will be accepting a small donation to cover their costs. I'm not sure how much it will be Sat, but it is usually around $2-3.