50a Copa Libertadores 2010

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    i think the best candidate is CRUZEIRO!

2. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I Think "el fenomeno" Ronaldo will disagree with you all

3. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    and Roberto Carlos:D

4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    51ª Copa Libertadores 2010:

1ra y 2da fase:

martes 9 de febrero:
    Cerro(URU)-D.Quito(ECU)
    Nacional A.(URU)-Once Caldas(COL)
    Lanús(ARG)-Libertad(PAR)
    Universidad Católica(CHI)-Colón(ARG) (1ra fase)

miércoles 10 de febrero:
    Sao Paulo(BRA)-Monterrey(MÉX)
    Vélez Sarsfield(ARG)-Cruzeiro(BRA)
    Banfield(ARG)-Monarcas Morelia(MÉX)
    Bolívar(BOL)-Alianza Lima(PER)
    Emelec(ECU)-Newell's Old Boys(ARG) (1ra fase)

jueves 11 de febrero:
    Nacional M.(URU)-D.Cuenca(ECU)
    Estudiantes(ARG)-Juan Aurich(PER)
    Cerro Porteño(PAR)-D.Independiente Medellín(COL)
    Blooming(BOL)-Universitario(PER)

GRUPOS 2da fase:

Grupo A:
    Corinthians(BRA)
    Cerro Porteño(PAR)
    D.Independiente Medellín(COL)
    Racing Montevideo(URU)

Grupo B:
    Sao Paulo(BRA)
    Nacional Asunción(PAR)
    Once Caldas(COL)
    Monterrey(MÉX)

Grupo C:
    Estudiantes La Plata(ARG)
    Bolívar(BOL)
    Alianza Lima(PER)
    Juan Aurich(PER)

Grupo D:
    Lanús(ARG)
    Blooming(BOL)
    Universitario(PER)
    Libertad(PAR)

Grupo E:
    Internacional(BRA)
    Cerro(URU)
    D.Quito(ECU)
    Newell's old boys(ARG)/Emelec(ECU)

Grupo F:
    Banfield(ARG)
    Nacional Montevideo(URU)
    D.Cuenca(ECU)
    Monarcas Morelia(MÉX)

Grupo G:
    Vélez Sarsfield(ARG)
    Colo-Colo(CHI)
    D.Italia(VEN)
    Cruzeiro(BRA)

Grupo H:
    Flamengo(BRA)
    Universidad de Chile(CHI)
    Caracas(VEN)
    Colón(ARG)/Universidad Católica(CHI)

5. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    vamos bolivar golea a los 0 puntos

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cruzeiro almost sold their chance at the title away with Kleber, but the deal fell through. They have a good squad, but I don't think they have the best squad out of the Brazilians.

Based on performances so far this year, I'd say Internacional is the best team. They are very solid in the back and have a good midfield. Their strikers are a little inconsistent, but I think they are good enough to win.

If Flamengo fixes their defensive struggles with the return of 2 of their starting DMs and maybe a signing of a CB, I think they'd be up there with Inter. No one in the Libertadores can boast an attack of Adriano and Vagner Love, who have been scoring non-stop this year.

It's hard to make any predictions about Corinthians. They have big names in Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos, but Ronaldo struggles to make his way onto the pitch and Roberto Carlos hasn't shown enough to warrant his hype. Corinthians will have to fight against their history of failure in the competition.

São Paulo has been a household name for the past decade or so in the Libertadores, but they have been struggling a bit to start the year. Ricardo Gomes hasn't convinced me with his work as their manager and their team hasn't gelled. Given their experience in the competition, it's hard to rule them out, but it wouldn't surprise me if they get knocked out early in the knock-out stages.

7. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    when did Vagner Love get transferred i thought he was at Palmeiras...

8. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I want to give a big round of applause to Racing Club de Montevideo. Not only for their victory over Junior, but also for the nice gesture. This is the first ever Copa Libertadores they participate in, and who knows when the next time will be. They didn't know they were going to be playing another home game, yet they decided to donate all of the ticket money from their highest attended game in their history to the victims of Haiti's earthquake.

And its not like they can afford to do that, as alongside every other Uruguayan club, they are barely managing to stay afloat.

Congratulations Racing and I will support you all throughout this Copa

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was transferred in mid-January. He was facing threats from Palmeiras' fans and was able to convince the directors to leave the club. CSKA allowed Flamengo to get him on loan because they are in the Libertadores. CSKA was expecting Palmeiras to be there when they originally loaned him.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cruzeiro is in a tough group, with Velez and Colo-Colo.

11. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    definitely a tough group. colo colo still has question marks, but for my money the Paredes-Miralles striking duo is among the best in the copa.

12. Rhand

Rhand Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Mol, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I don't think Cruzeiro will have to fear falling out in the groupstage, but winning the Libertadores is not something they will do this season. I've watched the game vs Potosí and even though they won 7-0 they couldn't convince me at all. This team won't even make the semi-finals, especially if they meet one of the other pretendents early on.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The same was said about last season's squad. All Brazilian teams have been stopped for a month since the end of the Brazilian league. The regional leagues just started in mid-January, so teams are not close to ideal form yet.

14. Rhand

Rhand Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Mol, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Perhaps it's that. I really hope I'm mistaken cos I like em, but the way they played last wednesday...

15. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well technically, they didn't get on Libertadores properly said, i think they fail constantly on the early rounds or the qualifying round, like they knock the door and run away but they can't run away without getting hit.

They may have a shot, they have a good fullbacks set, but their centrebacks are bad and it doesn't look like they'll improve. With all their sounding signings i wonder how far will Corinthians make it. And looking up to Colón if they can beat Católica, i think they can bring a good show.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    like every one else in suramerica

argies: preseason + 3 games de liga
    colombians/Chileans: lil preseason and 2games Liga
    mexies, may have 20 days of more futbol that the rest..... Ojo con chivas is on fire:p

17. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lo que me preocupa con Monterrey es que no se si Vucetich (el tecnico) se va a tomar la Libertadores en serio o va a jugar con varios suplentes. Y Chivas aunque ande bien, van a perder a unos tres jugadores importantes para la seleccion.

18. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    I've seen the Brazilian refs use that for a few years now.

Though I do think that's something EVERY league should copy.

19. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^yea! Its great so guys dont inch so damn much on walls, and its FAIR!

20. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you serious? The copa libertadores is arguably the best club tournament in the world yet you say that you are worried they won't take it seriously? After all the shit smack your press, Fans and FMF made last year when clubs didn't want to travel to mexico due to swine flu, all the bitching, moaning and every annoying thing possible to mankind that your futbol brings to our tournaments. You are worried??? I call bullshit.. That's just an excuse just in case this monterey club gets raped by Sao paolo..and making excuses for losing players already?.. WAKE UP!!! Most of the Countries down DON'T HAVE THEIR BEST PLAYERS and it's a yearly struggle so bitching about losing players in this forum is Ridiculous at best.. If you don't take this tournament seriously than WHAT IN HELL DO YOU TAKE SERIOUSLY?

21. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm sorry buddy but that's the way it works in Mexico. Many coaches focus in the local tournament. One example is America when they went on to the quarters against Santos. The coach decided to bench many starters to focus on the local tournament. Sorry ass Daniel Bilos was the starting striker for America that day. America even had the lead in that game. Tuca Ferreti has done the same with Pumas in a few games in the past. I remember Tolo Gallego played with many players from Toluca's second division team against some Peruvian team, and they still won :cool:. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but teams and coaches have different feelings about this tournament. Just because it means the world to you doesn't mean it does for the rest of Mexico. I have always said that it means more for Mexicanos here in the States, than people living in Mexico. If you see it as an early excuse that's your problem, doesn't really matter. Canta y no llores wey:D. We'll just have wait and see what lineup the coach decides to go with. Another reason is the way he played in the Interliga to qualify. He played with a bunch of subs through most of that short tournament. I don't know if he did that to rest players or qualifying wasn't that important to him.

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I hope Chivas play the way they are now in Libertadores

23. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    the same philosophy that many mexicans seem to have according to CyberArce100 IS THE SAME ONE MANY NT'S from southamerica have!

i still remembered that in 97 many teams sent alternative teams to bolivia! in 1999 uruguay basically sent a U20 team. in 2001 argentin refused to play and peru sent a combination of starters and some younger players, as well as chile i guess and uruguay. in 2004 brazil and paraguay sent their olympic teams to peru. brazil didnt make it to athens but decided to sent what they would;ve probably send to greece, and paraguay did the same. in 2007 there was a radical change: every single team from southamerica sent its best team, except the US.

24. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+