$5 parking?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by honkifulovemls, Oct 10, 2003.

1. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hi,

i'm going to my first game of the season tomorrow and keep hearing about this $5 parking available near the stadium. i searched some threads, but could no find where exactly this parking is. could anyone help me out? also, how early does the parking open up?

2. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    If you are coming from the North go on Rte 1 when it crosses I-95 about three miles north of the stadium. Drive south until you pass a set of lights with a Micky D's on one side and a Papa Gino's/DD just north of it. The next turn on the left is a parking lot for a liquor store, Subway and an ATM. When crowds are over 15,000 there is a guy there with a flag. On smaller days, park by the orange cones and ask in the liquor store if you don't see anyone around taking money. Everyone there is helpful and they may just say, hell, leave it.

It is a slow ten minute walk to the stadium, if that.

JIM DOW

3. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the south, the last lot on the left before the pedestrian bridge across Route 1 is $5. It means banging a left across the traffic and through traffic cones, but that is usually not a problem (depending on how long before the match you arrive). Otherwise you can go up the lights that Jim described and make a U-turn to the lot at the liquor store. NB Subway makes a cheap food alternative to the stadium and you can take it with you to the tailgate. Heck, you can even get your beer at this parking spot.

4. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Actually, if you're driving south, the turn will be on the right...everything else is good though.

5. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    Sorry, you are right, it is a right turn coming from the north (i.e. headed south). My fault.

JIM DOW