5 a side

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by illuminatus, Nov 22, 2004.

1. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    I was watching the Futsal world cup yesterday and we ended up in a bizzare discussion about which club team would win if they put out 5 players for a 5-a-side tournament.

I was thinking Real would put Casillas, Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo & Roberto Carlos.

But Barcelona look pretty strong too with Valdes, Ronaldinho, Deco, Xavi & Eto'o.

Go on and contribute your club's best 5-a-side team.

2. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    AC Milan
    Shevchenko, Kaka, Gattuso, Nesta, Dida.

I think that would be an interesting side. Then again you could probably interchange Pirlo, Cafu, and Maldini in there by preference. Sheva is deadly up front, Kaka to help, Gattuso ease defense, and Dida in goal. Seems pretty solid.

3. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Gattuso?? Not if you played futsal rules...i think he'd be sent off before the game kicked off! :D

Cafu seems like a must... the Brazilians dominate these technical games anyway... since the game allows for so little body contact a defender wouldn't really be necessary... but if for an outdoor 5-a-side... yeah your first team would be pretty tough to beat.

4. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I don't know much about futsal, I just chose the best players. For more attack minded play you could throw Cafu in for Nesta and Pirlo in for Gattuso. Still I don't think they would make that good of a futsal team.

5. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    what about the Dutch NT? Robben, Heijtinga, Van Nistelrooij, Sneijder and Van der Vaart. They would be hard to beat...