5/30: Japan vs. Germany [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by gtepp15 redded, May 26, 2006.

1. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    It's been reported that there's nothing wrong with his bones anywhere. Just a 2-3 days rest and he'll recover, at least by WC.

2. Spherical

Spherical New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Checked out several Japanese news about Kaji's injury.
    The team docter says that there's some swelling on right ankle and he's to
    rest for two to three days before resuming practice. The rough estimate is
    that he will make it to VS Australia match. Fortunately, there is no problem
    with the bones.

Thank goodness. Kaji isn't one of Japan's aces, but his stamina, offense, and
    defense were invaluable. I'm very glad he can make it back.

3. TomAte

TomAte New Member

May 30, 2006
    HD

Oh yes - thank u 4 reply my question...yes yes... Kaji - he is one of my favorite player.

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well if you compare our groups, I'd say Japan would have a much harder time going thru their group than Germany will in ours.

5. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    Only saw the highlights, so I have a quetions. Were the freekicks from wich Germany scored legitimate or dives/flops by the Germans?

6. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Legitimate.

7. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    As regards to Japan coming at the bottom of group F, I think this group is as volatile as it could go. In some ways, as I wrote at length earlier, I think pundits in Europe credit Croatia and Australia a little too much relatively to how much Japan tends to get underestimated. Still, any can come 2nd.

One potential element of luck for Japan's draw is that Japan is the last game Brazil plays in the group. Brazil's frame of mind is such that they WILL go to the knockout stage, so the first 2 sides to play Brazil will get the most pressure from Brazilian players. I suspect they will go full force vs Croatia and Australia to get 6 points. Then, Brazil may play B team vs Japan, or just take it easy to avoid injury. It's still important that Japan gets at least 4 points from vs Australia & Croatia (preferably 6 of course), but should things go a bit wrong, it MIGHT matter that Brazil would not really care for the Japan game.

That theory would fail, however, if Australia and/or Croatia happen to beat Brazil...! Then Japan is in trouble as Japan would need to survive Brazil's full strength side. Say, if Croatia beats Australia and Brazil, they'd have 6 points too. Brazil must beat Japan, and if Japan had won vs Australia and Croatia, it becomes imperative to at least draw vs Brazil. Then the goal differences come in :(

Still, given that Brazil is a world beating side, I think I needn't worry about that 2nd scenario... hopefully. In THAT sense, Group F is a rather straight forward group :rolleyes:

8. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wouldn't say that. I remember one of them at least Miyamoto had the guy beat but then the guy grabbed his shirt from behind to get even before suddenly falling to the ground.

9. krln99

krln99 New Member

May 15, 2006
    After watching this match, I'm sure Japan can take 2nd in group. A win would have been nice, but they put 2 on Germany IN GERMANY. Plus, they got the goals from a striker!

If Japan's strikers get rolling, they will do better than they did in 2002. :)

10. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think it was just Miyamoto is too weak. Though I agree with you about unintentional hand case.
    In WC I hope Miyamoto show differently. I don't rate him, but he played far better than I expected in 2002 WC, so I hope this time same thing happen.

German is very strong in WC, but not so strong in friendly game. But anyway , it was good game for Japan.

11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think you should complain about his performance , he was just solid.

12. maria_s

maria_s New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    E139°42/N35°32
    and a bit short (but cute!!). We need three or more Nakazawa.

ah, sorry, what do you mean 'solid' here....!?

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Solid = Great, massive, genuine, stable.

14. Video Newbie

Video Newbie New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Back in US :(
    Alright everyone!

Anyway, sorry that the Germany match took a long time to get done. The internet site I upload the games to, was slow and didn't work the past 2 nights.:(
    But, I got it done.

The Germany vs Japan is ready, just PM me, with an e-mail address, and I will forward the links to you. If there's problems with the links, or if all of the links work, just let me know. I've sent the same links to other people already, if you have some initial problems with downloading the files, just be paitent. Enjoy.

VN:p

15. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    If i ever see Schweinsteiger i will break his face, or at least attempt to anyway

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fkcing german ccksucker.