5/28 US vs England US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Mar 25, 2005.

1. THE GUNNERS RULE

THE GUNNERS RULE New Member

May 23, 2005
    Owings MIlls, MD, US

Naw, Bears weather is 65 below zero

2. Clinton AFC

Clinton AFC New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Clinton

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Does anybody know if I can bring a backpack into the game? You know, for an umbrella, etc., since I'll be wandering aimlessly thru the city that day.

If my hotel is in the loop, I'm assuming I should take the subway yes? It's pretty safe to walk from the subway to soldier field?

4. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    No backpacks, no umbrellas.

It is very safe to walk around the Loop or all the way to Soldier Field.

5. Lou Bruno

Lou Bruno New Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Chicago, Il. USA
    If you take the subway thats fine and you can walk all around, even late at night. Check out the parks and museums in the Loop and the Downtown area when you are there. Go to the web site for Soldier Field to check items that you can bring in. They do limit you and do search. Allow sometime to take in the tailgating around the park and to walk around the inside of Soldiers Field. There are several memorials inside and out to the Armed forces. The view from the inside out to Lake Michigan is great. Dress for a November Bears game.

6. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
    What's appropriate attire for a Novemeber Bears game? Will it be that cold?

JR

7. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    It is supposed to be around 62 at game time and there are always breezes near the lake. A light jacket should be fine and you may not need that inside.

8. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    I'll be there in Fire red.

9. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, the FA's website claims that England will be wearing their white kits for both matches against us and Columbia.

Strange considering we wear our home whites when we are on our own soil.

In any case, I'll be wearing my white Nats jersey and USA scarf.

10. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the Barnburner's tailgate....is that definately open to all USMNT supporters (as I read on sams-army.com)?

11. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Yes, it is open to all. Pay 7 dollars and enjoy some good food and beer. They are a lot of fun.

12. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    According to tonights email from US Soccer... over 43,000 sold now.

13. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    So this will be the firstt ime we will be wearing all blue in the new kits right?

14. Joe Gannon

Joe Gannon New Member

Jan 27, 2004
    New Market, Md.
    The weather seems to be typical England. Let's make sure the crowd makes them uncomfortable!!!!!

15. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a little psa. The Illinois state police will be putting up 100s of road blocks over the weekend. They say they're enforcing the seat belt laws. You know what they are really looking for. I wouldn't be surprised to see them set up one right outside soldier field. So I suggets use public transportation and get trashed anyway.

16. amaranto

amaranto Member

Jan 22, 2004

Yeah, too late for me to change also. I'll have the white Bocanegra jersey on. Actually, I've got a white England jersey bought last year in sympathy after their loss to Portugal, but it won't be making the trip to Chicago.

Can't wait to get on the plane and head to Chicago!

17. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Sitting w/ Sams Army... RED is such an easy choice! :)

18. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Of course its safe. You're Clint F***ing Eastwood!!

:D

19. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody up early on Saturday morning, there will be a few of us at the Globe Pub taking in the following games:

8am League 2 Playoff Final: Southend v Lincoln City (kickoff 9am)
    9am Scottish Cup Final: Celtic v Dundee United

I'll be wearing a red US Soccer hat and a red Nats Jersey. We'll be headed straight to the Barnburner's Tailgate by subway after the game.

The Globe is at 1934 W. Irving Park Rd. (4000N) in Lakeview just east of N. Damen Ave. (2000W)—near to Wrigley Field. (www.theglobepub.com)

[​IMG]

20. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    URGENT Questions?

the game is not sold out is it? so we will be able to get tickets there?

what section is Sams Army in? What are the numbers of some surrounding sections?

I need all of your estimates on how far it is from Pittsburgh (time wise)

thanks.

21. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Not sure if I will be able to check mail tonight or not but if I can I have one Sam's Army ticket available to the first responder. Drop me an email if you'd like it and we can make contact arrangements. Face value of course.

22. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    A little clarification here. The old wooden bridge at 11th street, that provided access to the Roosevelt Road South Shore station (from both the Michigan Avenue side and the Grant Park side) has been torn down and not replaced. Since Roosevelt Road (12th street) was extended to intersect with Lake Shore Drive the 11th street bridge was no longer necessary. The bridge at 18th street, however, was replaced with a very nice new structure that provides access at exactly the same points as the old one. (The foot of 18th street on the west side to the Lake Shore Drive underpass to the south side of Soldier Field on the east.)