5/28 US vs England US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Mar 25, 2005.

1. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Uno and Due are the same restaurant. Uno and Due in Chicago are, while ostensibly the same as the franchised national chain, in reality not the same at all. Anyone I've taken (usually to Due) that has been to the Uno grill throughout the country has been amazed how different Uno/Due Chicago is.

2. fitty1717

fitty1717 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    canada
    Any EngLAND SECTON!!

I HAVE 4 tickets in Sec 125.....i guess the USA sams ARMY they call it!! is 121-123!! thats too close to US!!

Ill trade if i could get on the opposit side of the pitch!!

c'mon england!

3. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Do you not want SA to see your teeth ? :rolleyes:

4. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    I suggest buying a fare card when you arrive. They sell them at vending machines at the O'Hare Airport Blue Line Station and other El stations in the city. Try to figure out how many rides you will need ($1.75 per ride plus 15 cents for a transfer) and put 10 or 15 dollars on the card.
    The original Uno's and Due's offer good pizza. I also like the John Barleycorn Memorial Pub, at 2300 N. Lincoln. This also puts you in the heart of things, near Kingston Mines Blues Club and other nice night spots. http://www.kingstonmines.com/flash/main.html

5. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if I missed this, but I didn't want to read through all the pages. What time are the gates opening for tailgating?
    Thanks

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I cant speak from experience but I have heard Gino's and everyone else are imitators of Lou's, the true Chicago pizza. :D

7. stevewhit0

stevewhit0 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Champaign, IL
    the barnburners tailgate starts at 11 so i'm guessing around 11.

8. Apache

Apache New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    DC
    I have tickets (4) available in the Sam's Army section for the US v. England game. Unfortunately I will not be able to go and I need to sell them at face value. I'm in DC please PM. Thanks.

9. IamtheShark

IamtheShark New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Springfield, IL
    Can anyone provide suggestions for getting to SF from Plainfield? I'm looking for the fastest/cheapest combo of driving and public transportation.

Thanks.

10. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Why don't you drive to Joliet and take the Rock Island Line (which is a mighty fine line).
    http://metrarail.com/Sched/ri/ri_sai.shtml

It gets into LaSalle Street Station. You walk east on Congress to Michigan and turn right. It is a 35 minute walk to Soldier Field.
    A better connection from Plainfield, the Heritage Corridor through Lockport, does not run on the weekends.

11. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Sounds like you have a personal problem. Go Yanks. Beat the 3 lioness' or is it lionesses.

12. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any special instructions on bringing banners in and setting them up?

Guy

13. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Guy, I hope to see you again at the game. I think you will be able to bring in banners just like at the Poland game. I would get in a little early and work with the Section 8 people who will already be in Sections 121-122 and so on.

14. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    What's the latest on tix sales?

15. WarrenAbao

WarrenAbao New Member

Jul 7, 1999
    Grand Prairie, Tex.
    My original plan for accommodations may be falling through, so I'm scrambling to find available hotels.

A few hotels I found so far are Hyatt (on 9300 Bryn Mawr Ave.), Renaissance Suites O'Hare (8500 Bryn Mawr), and Clarion O'Hare (5615 N. Cumberland Ave)...all three of these are within 0.5 mi. of a train stop. I'm just wondering if these hotels are in an area where it's safe for me to walk 0.5 miles from the stop to the hotel at 2am after an evening at The Globe or Fado's?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

16. gunnersbluescardinal

Jan 13, 2005
    Wisconsin
    A little off topic, but....

Anyone know where to get this shirt in Chicago?
    http://www.ussoccerstore.com/us50205681.html

Despite my distaste for supporting Nike in its bid to buy up all of soccer, I do have the Dutch version of this shirt and it is my favorite t-shirt. I'd love to have this one in red for the England match (and other US matches), but I can't find it anywhere... except, of course, ussoccer.com and I don't want to pay their overpriced shipping.

If anybody knows, could you send a PM? Thanks!

17. Lou Bruno

Lou Bruno New Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Chicago, Il. USA
    I would suggest staying in a hotel near or in the Chicago downtown area the "Loop" or on the Near North Side. Both areas will provide easy access to the match and are in the heart of the City. If you stay in either of those areas you can walk to many of the great items in the City. Both of the areas are ok to be in late at night, but remember that Chicago is a big city and you do meet some characters on ocassion. I would urge everyone coming to dress warm. The tempertures will most likely b in the 60's and it's always cooler near the lake even in summer. I will be in the 200 level myself and hope to meet a few English fans who can help me with my planing for a trip to England next year.

As for the Pizza debate, the best of the group is Gino's East but the real great place is Pizza Uno or Due on the North Side. The soccer pubs are located outside of the Downtown area and would require a cab ride. I hope everyone has a great time. Also eat a "Italian Beef" from Al's.

18. chitownboi

chitownboi Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Chicago
    You could try Niketown. I think i've seen a shrit like that there

19. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lou Malnatti's is the best, but Uno and Duo are damn good (and don't let the crap they serve at the chains around the country scare you off).

20. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    All of those areas are safe. It is basically the O'Hare area with activity 24 hours a day, and some expensive buildings all around.
    Remember, the Super 8s near the airport have a free shuttle bus from the Cumberland Blue Line stop and are very cheap. ($45-55 per night).
    The Blue Line run's near fado's for your journey home at night. The Globe is not near it, you would take the irving Park bus west and get the Blue Line after a 10 minute bus ride. A safe neighborhood as well.

21. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Any of you planning on going to The Globe on Friday night. A great bar to hang out at plus its 80's Retro Night there.

22. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Oh, I would love, but I´m in Germany. Bad Luck for me.
    But I wish the best for the game. Hope US team will win
    bltleo
    germany

23. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there an age rule on the The Globe or Fado's?

24. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    One month ago, April 25, US Soccer released a statement saying that over 30,000 had been sold.
    http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=164658&itype=113&iCategoryID=0

There was abot 38,000 for the Poland game, right? Seeing as that there has been a month since sales topped 30,000, it seems like this coming game will be higher than the Poland game. Regardless though, it will be fun.

25. Fireball_Dan

Fireball_Dan New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Palos Park, IL
    I checked Ticketmaster, and best available is in the 400 level. The last count that I had was 37,000. It should be more now that all the seats in the 100-300 levels are apparently sold out.