4th Spot?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by The Reds 2008, Jan 27, 2008.

1. The Reds 2008

The Reds 2008 New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    So... Who is going to finish in fourth at the end of the season?

And where do you think the rest will end up?

4th Liverpool
    5th Everton
    6th Aston Villa
    7th Man City
    8th Blackburn
    9th Portsmouth

2. LG David

LG David Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I think Liverpool will take the 4th spot but only by a few points. We are currently in 4th and have winnable games on the horizon and if we keep plucking away it's achievable. City's poor away form won't help them and although Villa have a great team their squad is threadbare.

4th Liverpool
    5th Everton
    6th Man City
    7th Aston Villa
    8th Portsmouth
    9th Blackburn

3. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably Liverpool.

I can say for sure though that portsmouth will not get that fourth spot.

4. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Liverpool are the favourites I would guess. They have a stronger side than most.

If Manchester City recover their form they are still in with a shout although I fear their squad may be too small still. Aston Villa are flying and look to be a good bet but they're only a point ahead and at this stage of the seasopn there is plenty of time to fall away. Everton look to be very good but the ACoN may yet de-rail their bid for 4th. Squad size outside o the top 4 is what will ultimately spoil things for these sides.

I'd l;ike to see Villa or Everton but you can't discount Portsmouth, Blackburn or Man City if they get some form going and Liverpool continue to stumble. Tottenham are also making their way up the table too but it may be too late for them......

5. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I'm not sure anymore, I thought Liverpool would have edged it but with their tough fixture list and the derby coming up soon, Everton could nick it.

Should be pretty tight.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It all depends on Torres.

7. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    at this rate, arsenal.

8. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And Reina, Carragher, Hyypia, Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Babel and Gerrard ;)

9. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Indeed it does. His form is amazing at the moment and as such they look to be the favourites.

Rafa's comments today that they're back in the title race are a bit silly though.....

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Incorrect, as expected.

11. chrizzah

chrizzah Member

Aug 8, 2000
    DC
    Would you disagree with the statement that without Torres, Liverpool's hopes of fourth are in much greater jeopardy? Apart from maybe Gerrard, I don't think you can make that statement about the rest of the people you mentioned.

12. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The other 10 players on the pitch have been working to provide service to Torres as well...its not as if he collects the ball of Reina in defence and runs the field himself...without the rest of the team he wouldnt get the ball. Despite all this though he is an extremely important player but he is part of a team with 11 players on the field at one time and without them he wouldnt have as many goals.

Without Mascherano, Carra, Hyypia, Skrtel and Reina we would have conceded many more goals and been dominated for long periods of time in matches which wouldve made Torres have to defend more often and take him further away from goal. Also without Gerrard, his service wouldnt have been of as high quality. Also without Kuyt he wouldnt have had so much support or space through the centre of the field...eg when he plays with Crouch he has to drift out wide and his effectiveness is diminished.

Anyway...back on topic...LIVERPOOL FOR 4TH if we get a result vs the scum.

13. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Are you kidding!!!!! Tottenham are 20 points behind Liverpool. Look at the table, duh. With 7 games remaining. Every single team from 4th - 10th would have to lose every single game and Spurs win all 7 to get 21 points and get to 60 points. B/C some of these teams play each other, someone has to earn points somewhere.:eek:

14. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Lucky guess.

15. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    makes me laugh these people saying torres as if we are using an illegal player to get an unfair advantage, you can use the same formula with United, no Ronaldo = no Title for sure:cool:

16. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    absoulte crap. whereas of course liverpool have more players than just torres, he is their key weapon and without him they would be one boring outfit. they would have kuyt, crouch or voronin up front. we would have tevez, rooney or saha in our attack. still potent enough to win the title and entertain.

another way of looking at it, if we had lost ronnie to injury and you had lots torres to injury for the majoority of the season, who would have been effected the most? no doubts for that one.

17. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    fact sorry but its true

18. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    how can hypothetical speculation suddenly become fact just becasue you say it? the only facts are that united are top of the epl with ronaldo and liverpool are struggling for 4th with torres.

19. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    how are we struggling when we lead everton by the same points u lead Chelsea:rolleyes:

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The very fact that you are still struggling to secure fourth place sums it up.

21. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    anyway simplefact no Ronaldo = no title

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    What you still refuse to acknowledge is that we are competing for the title and you are languishing back in fourth spot. I thought this was meant to be THE year... particularly after your huge outlay during the summer. Take the best performing player out of any club and you would see a hit but at least Man Utd have plently of superb players outside of Ronaldo. Liverpool do not have many outside of Torres. That was the fundamental point being made here. Unless you are trying to claim that Kuyt, Crouch and Voronin are any good. No Torres = 5th at best. :D

23. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    Anyway simple fact no ronaldo = no title

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The truth must hurt.

25. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006