40 days

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by la fresa, Oct 6, 2009.

1. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    what does everyone think of the big deal some of the heads of the fmf are making out of this? saying the 40 days (i believe it was) was too long for preparation to be given to the national team before the world cup

they weren't very big on it on spicy either, arguments being that:

1. losing that time from playing competitively every weekend will actually hurt the players
    2. none of the selecciones grandes do this, germany, italy, england or brazil, etc

it was surprising to hear how against it they were. the way i see it, we will be going into this world cup having the most diverse group of players both age wise and in relation to their domestic leagues. apart from obviously mexico, we will have guys playing in england, germany, spain and holland. seems to me as though it would benefit the play as group to further familiarize themselves with each other with regards to aguirre's/capello's tactical set up. there was an obvious difference even when the team only trained a few days before el salvador and trinidad to the way the team played under larger training sessions

thoughts?

2. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not having the Europeo's in this concentration does hurt it though. Its a diverse group but you could potentially have half the squad not there. (Gio, Vela, guishe, rafa, guardado, salcido, maza, osorio, nery, hector moreno)

And that is not counting the other candidates like jds, layun, de nigris etc.

Those are some good points for and against btw.

3. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would prefer to see a sucky, less competitive Primera division than not being able to see MEXICO go through the final 16 phase. I believe gelling the team is so important. That's why we see these extremely good clubs in Europe because they play 2 to 3 times a week and they have become accustomed to the team mates and the strategy being employed by the coach.

How could we employ effective through passes, long crosses and setpieces if we lack time to gel? my 2cents

4. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

i dont' want either.

5. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007