News: 4 Nerazzurri on the Ballon d'Or candidates list

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by scornflakes, Oct 26, 2010.

1. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sneijder, Eto'o, Maicon, Cesar. A little surprised that Milito didn't make this list, but since Maradona was enamored with the Tevez and Messi pairing and didn't give Diego much of a shot during the World Cup, I guess I shouldn't be.

After the UCL final, I thought Julio Cesar deserved it. I was tired of so many people handing it to Messi when JC was the anchor of the defense that shut Messi down during both legs of the UCL semifinal. After the World Cup, I would have voted for Wesley for all that he did for Inter and then Netherlands. Now though, Eto'o has really come on strong and is playing better than anyone in the world. Does the fact that so many Inter players have had phenomenal years at different times divide up the Inter vote? Hard to say since so much of the vote is impacted by nationality. My vote would go to Sneijder, I think. But as soon as I say that, I think about Maicon's performance at Stamford Bridge back in March and how he played for Brazil in June and I can totally understand why he would get votes, too.

Wow. As long as it's any of our 4, I'm happy.

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as long as it doesnt go to messi , im down
    for me its
    1.JC
    2.wesley
    3.maicon
    4.eto

3. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Its a no brainier for me. 1 of the Messi, Xavi or Iniesta will get it. That's just how Fifa works. If Sneijder gets within top 3 he can be very happy.

Milito's absence from this list is a disgrace considering some names like Klose, Alves.... and so on are included.

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is soooo stupid, milito was by far the best inter milan player, who cares about world cup, messi didnt do shit either.

5. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    TBH i was never confident in milito, his good, and above average. his one of those players who plays good depending on the coach.... will have to wait lil more before we can praise him

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it just doesn't make sense, how can the uefa forward of the year and player of the year be excluded?
    unless the award is 95% based on the WC

and in response to your comment, yeah that can be said, when milito was at Genoa and inter, both had formidable coaches,

zaragoza had a big downfall with coaches, 3 or 4 in one season(?), but he still maintained a decent ratio