4/24 - Rev's News - Are you being Serb'd?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by MrSangster, Apr 24, 2011.

1. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revolution get offensive
    Newcomers help lead the charge

The Boston Globe by Frank Dell'Appa
    http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2011/04/24/revolution_get_offensive/

"The midfield touches of Feilhaber and the finishing ability of another newcomer, Rajko Lekic, made the difference.....“I think one of the positive things we can take is we made chances,’’ Revolution coach Steve Nicol said.....And Feilhaber was a major reason those opportunities were being created.
    “You see the quality he has,’’ Nicol said. “And that affects the opposition, as well, because they don’t know whether to stand off or close him down. And, obviously, with his teammates it’s good knowing you’re getting a guy the ball who’s nine times out of 10, he’s not losing it. So, he made a big impact.’’

Feilhaber gets in on the act

Feilhaber in the starting lineup
    By Frank Dell’Apa in The Boston Globe

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2011/04/24/feilhaber_gets_in_on_the_act/

“It’s different,’’ Feilhaber said of MLS. “It’s a higher pace, it’s more physical, a lot of fouls, a lot of cards. But once I get used to the speed of the game I think I’ll be more effective. Because of the speed of the game you tend to have more options to kind of find those little seams and play the ball to our forwards and I’ll keep getting better at that.’’

"Ousmane Dabo will make his Revolution debut Tuesday against D.C. United in a US Open Cup game in Boyds, Md. Dabo has been out since straining his calf during training in February. Ilia Stolica.will likely be released this week, according to a team source."

Benny fell into our laps and he delivered. Get a healthy team and some time together and this edition of the Rev's could be a vast improvemtn over the previous 2 seasons. Glad to hear that Dabo will finally see the field albeit in an Open Cup match in Maryland.

Interesting that the Rev's are clearing out space with Stolica this week. I bet they still have their sights on a DP for mid-summer acquisition.

Revolution soak up a win
    By John Connolly in The Boston Herald

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...4revs_soak_up_a_win/srvc=sports&position=also

"When it comes time to trolling the soccer talent pool for future players, the Revolution might be wise to set up shop in Denmark’s SuperLiga, if evidence of last night’s stirring 3-2 comeback victory over 10-men Sporting Kansas City can withstand the test of time."

2. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad about Stoli. He seemed like a great teammate and did a decent job for the Revs considering the circumstances. He was a limited player but played to his strengths. I hope he turns up somewhere else as I'd be interested to see him get a full shot.

It all comes down to money. I'm sure they'd love to keep Stoli over some of the unproven guys but those youngsters make peanuts and Stoli was getting paid like a starter.

3. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if there is a trade for Stoli in the making. Chivas needs forwards badly.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There probably aren't too many teams looking to spend around $200k for an over 30 striker. Chivas will wait till the Revs cut him and if they're interested, try and pick him up then.

5. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Strongly doubt there's a whole lot of demand for Stoli in (or outside) MLS.

6. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Sangster already posted another thread about what a former Rev is up to.

Here's another.