4/22/06 FA Cup Semifinals: Chelsea FC v. Liverpool FC [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    just came back from Mad Dog. About 70 people there. I'd say 30% Chelsea fans and the rest were Pool fans. Now, for the game.
    We came out very slow from the beginning. The choice of Ferreira was really strange. Why? Drogba missed his chance, and even thouugh he was offside, he has to score those. The foul that led to Riise's goal wasn't a foul and Poll made a mistake.
    Second half was much better. Garcia's goal was very nice, but he got a lucky bounce, as did Drogba on our goal. Why bring on Duff? He is awful, just awful. Robben, selfish again. I effing hate our wingers now. Terry's goal, i'm not sure about the foul.
    Finally, how does Cole not score, how? I mean i couldn't beleive it. In any case, I blame Jose as his choice of players was again a mistake. Crespo needed to stay on. He needs to be a little more creative. Overall, I'M FCUKING PISSED AS HELL!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What the hell is wrong with playing 4-4-2 like a normal team, with wingers and all? I'm just so gutted, with all the money and success it will still be the same old heart-breaking Chelsea.

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That Irish Goddess still work the bar?

The 29th we will be Champions yet again! Stand Up for The Champions!

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    not today.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :( for you

7. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well,it was an offside,but it wasnt given cause reina took the goal kick.It would have been interesting to see what would have heppened if cole would have scored.

8. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    exactly.

Any Jose post match comments yet? I guess I wasn't paying attention, but I read that he didn't shake hands with Rafa?

I can give him the benefit of the doubt once in a while (Robson etc), but what was it this time Jose? Just because we lost? Because he decided to bench every winger? Com'on Jose...

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    did he really not shake Rafa's hand? If that's true, Jose is a disgrace.

10. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Favorite part of the game....when the cameras showed Big Red Nose Fergie watching from the stands. I wonder which team he was rooting for!?!?! :D

11. Feroze Ali

Feroze Ali Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Canada,Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We have to defeat manure now, really want to see them lift the trophy at home ASAP.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Just as well I didn't watch. Against Riise Mourinho put out Ferreira on the wing. Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    What the hell is with Mourinho tactically the last two months?

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    :mad: :mad: still so fcuking mad.

14. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We are a team that has spent the best part of two seasons, playing with great wingers in a 4-3-3 formation - Duff, Joe Cole and Robben. That is how we play and that is how we have won the league. Our wingers are what makes the difference.

Crespo was totally non-existenet today. Yes we all know he wants to leave in the summer and it looks like he left early. Crespo was totally fecking useless and he should never have been on the pitch. Crespo has left us already and he never ever wanted to be here anyways. Drogba plays with some heart and passion, but he is just too inconsistent to play at this level. He's not good enough at this level. Come the summer, they can both leave imho.

15. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It wasn't offside

16. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What is wrong with playing 4-3-3?

We are a team that has been built with wingers to play in that formation.

We should always play with wingers.

We beat Liverpool 4-1 at anfield playing Duff-Drogba-Joe Cole in a 4-3-3. With both Duff and Cole scoring. No goals, but four assists by Drogba.

Crespo did nothing today, absolutely nothing.

Had Drogba taken his early chance, it would have been a different game and my Nan could have scored that one.

17. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Very disapointed like most of you. A few things.

First of all, credit to the Scousers. Unfortunately, they were the better side today. Kewell played out of his arse and they were very strong in the middle, especially in defence.

Secondly, I though the officiating was poor. Drogba was well off on his first half chance, the free kick for Riise's goal was very weak, Garcia chance in the second half was offside, Terry's disallowed goal was harsh, and J. Cole may have been offisde. In such an important game, I expect better officiating.

Thridly, Mourhino got this one wrong at the start. His subs did have an effect and I thought all three were useful. I know the 442 has been working but we have had great success against the Scousers with the 433. Im just wondering what his thinking was for the starting lineup...

Lets see, Goalie, well Cudicini gets the nod over Cech due to the injury.
    Defence. Well I have finally reliased that Terry and Gallas are best in the middle together, Geremi has settled in well and Del Horno is worth a run out.
    Fowards. Drogs has been playing well and Crespo has scored a couple vs the Scousers.
    Mids. Lamps, Maka, Essien and... when am I doing that new Amex advert, what sort of coat should I wear, where is my lucky scarf... oh, I need another middy, well Ferreria will do!

18. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    and Maniche isn't available ;)

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    over the 2 years, i agree, but not based on performances over the past 3 months. Duff has been truly weak and Robben has not really been giving his best. As for Crespo, yes, he was uselless, but the point of keeping him on is that he, unlike Drogba, will score when given the chance. It it was Crespo and not Cole who had that shot at the end, we would have tied the game. Crespo could be MIA the whole game, but give him a window ala Wigan and he'll capitalize.
    Sure, 433 has worked before, but since we didn't start that way, and were down 1-0 at the half, Jose had no chance but to play more attacking style. Bringing on Cole and Robben was correct, but he should have left Crespo and not bring in Duff.
    Come on Monkee, i'm pissed as hell like you, but you have to say that bringing in Duff was silly.

P.S. After the game was over, all Pool fans started singing YNWA and the bartender, who was also a Pool fan, turned on the sound from Anfield crowd, so it seemed like there were 1000 Scousers in the pub. There was one Pool supporter who was so obnoxious, i almost hit him over the head with my empty bottle of Sam Adams.

:mad: :mad: Fcuking hate this.

20. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    no need to carry a passenger in a game of football, especially a cup semi-final

21. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    should have done it. But you didn't because you're civilized.

did you see that scouse animal who threw a bottle of beer at Gallas?
    scousers are subhuman, pure and simple

22. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Cudicini-6- could do nothing on both goals, made two good saves
    Del Horno-5- got roasted by Kewell, didnt get foward, subbed at half
    Terry-7- wasnt superhuman today, had a goal disallowed
    Gallas- 6- also didnt look like Gallas today, poor header lead to second goal
    Geremi- 6- got beat, but made some nice tackles as well, got foward to help at times
    Maka- 6.5- also looked human today and lost possession too easy
    Essien- 6- quiet, but so was Gerrard. Spent a lot of time tracking a running.
    Lamps- 6- a few shots on goal, and lots of running, but not enough to make a difference
    Ferreria- 6- odd choice of position, didnt do much wrong but didnt make much of an impact
    Crespo- 5- hardly an impact, very disapointing. British Airways announcing Flight 124 to Rome, paging passenger Crespo...
    Drogs- 6- had a hard time with Hyypia and Carragher, should have done better with both chances in the first half

subs
    Robben-6- made an impact, but shot selfishly with Drogs open at the back post
    J. Cole- 6.5- looked dangerous, unlucky with his chance at the end
    Duff- 6- engery and running on the wing, but couldnt create much

The gaff- usually dont blame him, but this loss is on him. Liverpools pacy wingers (Kewell and Garcia) killed our fullbacks instead of the other way.

The ref- very poor, gave Carragher a silly yellow as well. Should have booked Garcia for diving. Linesmen werent much better.

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002

Yeah but our fans threw something a Gerrad, so two twats should not represent the clubs as a whole.

Anyone notice it was a Budwieser that was thrown. Nothing like a good English beer at Macannear Stadium.

24. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep, we should have played our wingers and that would have pushed their wingers back. ho-Hum.

We live and learn. we are still the best team in the country and we should win the league. but jose needs to rethink some tactical stuff in the summer.