4/17 DCU v New England ***Game Time 7 PM***

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by JB252, Apr 13, 2009.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    erm that's type of stuff I always asked for, to bring in influx of young people :) That's one of biggest disadvantages of current midfield sections.

shipping and processing etc charges get smaller if you get a group going and looks like you can waive processing too with email address :)

hopefully a good job by DCU

2. Blancanieva

Blancanieva New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Alexandria
    i have to leave work (no earlier than 3:30) go home to walk the dog, then ge to the tailgate.

not sure what i'll bring. i think the deep fryer (think tater tots with truffle salt) will not make an appearance till a weekend game.

3. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    great, now I will spend the rest of the day craving them and with my mouth watering....:)

4. Troy G

Troy G New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    WMATA
    Club:
    DC United
    Sweeeeeeeeeet! :cool:

5. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    this makes me nervous.

i'm gonna get some wings or something. i'm probably bringing my little guy so i guess i won't drink...much

6. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Along with College Night, it's also Singles Night. https://secure.dcunited.com/singles-night

All them singles can get together with all them collegers and all hell can break loose in the second half.

From the page:

"Green wristbands for all singles, Red wristbands for everyone that is taken. Mixing and mingling is strongly encourage."

So ... let's get the single people together with the non-single people, let the non-single people hook up, then the postgame will be spent with the other non-single people beating the crap out of their significant others who "mingled" with the single people.

This could be a fun game.

7. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    so how does that work, you start chatting up some lady and then all of sudden break into a "******** you ref" chant or something? i hope these are ladies who are impressed by drunken profanity and rage...

moreover, why didn't they do this back in the day when the Barra was pretty much a "wenie roast" and no ladies showed up?

8. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    It wasn't a weenie roast, it was more of a Viking Party. Yeah, that's it! "Another flagon of Yuengling for my men!"

9. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    does that have anything to do with "whiskey for my men, beer for my horses"?

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ah, you missed the early days my friend when we had some serious latina mamacitas. That all changed after the major punchout with the Leon fans though. :rolleyes:

11. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hearby dub these sections The Meat Market. Singles will be in section 335 and the college kids will be in sections 234-237 (I though 235 and 236 were Barra?!?!) and 335-338.

:D

12. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i do recall seeing more females when i used to sit behind the barra in the mid 90s than when i joined. i hope there wasn't a causal relationship :D

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The tailgates back then were rather hedonistic. Stuff that I can't get into on a family site ;)

14. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome. I love it when they make it easier for me to find the (usually unhappily) married chicks :p

15. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Wow, its been a long time.

When I think "singles" these days its like, "what, too cheap to buy the whole fcking 6-pack?"

16. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'll be cooking something, so there should be a grill going for those who want to cook their sausages. :)

Ahhh... Bacchanalian memories of Kimie! :D Allez las femmes avec La Barra!

GM

17. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think of a 22 oz. Heineken at 7-11. When I'm staying at a motel for one of brf Jr's soccer tourneys, that's my "nightcap".

18. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    ok so we've covered alcohol and comely females (and apparently hogsmoking has been covered in another thread) so where is the advanced commentary on the HATE and the RAGE. Not to mention commentary on who is bringing what tasty bud to the tailgate?

19. blurtz23

blurtz23 Member

Nov 2, 2005
    S. Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

"SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE!!!"

20. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And about the time the game starts I'll be getting on United 861 at Logan to fly back to DC...

...just so you'll know :(

21. Blondie4DCU

Blondie4DCU New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    DC

I f*cking hate this team. More than I hate any team in any sport, including the Patriots and I will tell you why. Because of the completely f*cking insane notion that this team is a quality club. Their smug f*ing coach with his pinched face stands on the side lines like some sort of premiere league god. This useless club with ZERO stars above the crest goes around the league PRETENDING to be anything worth talking about. They lose, consistently, when it counts - it's all they're really good for. F*ck them.

F*ck their fans, F*ck the staff, the ball kids and anyone else rocking a Revolution badge on their person. F*ck their ridiculous name and the fact that they won't associate themselves with a proper city. I hate that shit. F*ck that worthless shit Matt Reis, Castro, and that bubble butt having, non-called up wanker Twellman.

Finally, f*ck me for missing this game.

22. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i thought you liked bubble butts?

that's the spirit sister. though i would have prefered you also included particular reference to that dickhead melman or feldman or what the ******** his name is--the pr/game announcer guy and one of the biggest whinging dickheads in any sport

23. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well... this friday is good friday for me... so im out :(

24. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001