4/17/06 Matchday 35: Chelsea FC v Everton [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Apr 14, 2006.

1. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Zani is always right.
    Knowldge is not hard, it is people's heads that are hard.

2. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    People will never listen to someone who insists they are always right Zani. If your head wasn't so hard you might learn that and become somewhat possible to get along with.

3. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    There you go, you didn't understand what Zani meant. That is what I am talking about. By always being right, it means Zani won't say it if he doesn't know it or just not sure, and that is just nine items, the tenth is - understanding Zani is a whole different animal. That goes back to the heads being hard, not the knowldge.

4. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just saw the postgame comments from the managers, when did Moyes become such an asshole?

Regarding robben coming on late at the start of the first half (which was a total non-incident) ...'maybe he [rob styles] thought he was getting a premiership medal today...

Hello? he blocked a free kick & the linesman flagged a clearly onside goal.

Sourgrapes is one thing but that's just weak.

5. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    you live in that area of the country for any amount of time and you see what happens to your disspostion.

6. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    #1 Zani doesn't know how to talk which is why Zani is always misunderstood
    #2 Referring to oneself in third person makes you seem like en even bigger twit then you actually are. Then again, maybe that's just the different animal you are referring to. Since you appearently have trouble communicating your ideas to normal people (ie: when you say you are always right any normal person will assume you think you are always right) it's really hard to tell what the hell you are saying. Not that I care. I was just trying to point out to you some of the reasons you have so much trouble getting along with people. But once again you were too hard headed (must have been right about that one, good job!) to catch that.

7. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Not to mention your hubcaps!

8. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Weird, i made a liverpool/watch-your-hubcaps joke last night:D

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Some jokes are just too easy. ;)

10. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Speaking of which - MonkeeMan, Clan and all Chelsea folk, PM each and every bindippers joke, song or chant you know.

I need ammo for this summer when they come to DC to play DC United. :D

On a match-related note:

SUPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SUPAH FRANK. :D

11. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    We are beating different drums. There is a humongous difference between a hard head and hard headed.
    Again, knowledge is not hard, heads are.....

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Did Moyes really complain about the ref allowing the second half to start before Robben came out? Um, David, that helps you.
    Doofus.

13. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well now, that was a rather comfortable game, eh.

Everton were never in it, at all.

Lots of positives all around, no need to go into them, one by one.

One thing I did note though, for the second game in a row, Del Horno was having a rather horrid time of getting the ball around his man when trying to cross.Other than that though, it was a splendid performance from the lads.

Essien is finally starting to play as the player I expected him to be, I thought he was outstanding - and Drogba seems to have really found his feet in English football.If he keeps this up, he'll have many people eating their words, including yours truly here.

Gallas and Terry again make a statement at the back, that not pairing them is foolish.Again, for the second game in a row, Geremi has a splendid performance at right full.In this form, it'll be hard for Mourinho to justify not starting him.

The sheer dominance of the team was frightening, red card or not, Chelsea were in total command from start to finish.

Cole should have had a goal as well, totally bottled by the linesman, robben really needs to be taken aside and chatted to about falling over so quickly - perhaps he should take a lesson from Drogba....he he he he...wouldn't have said that a few weeks ago huh?

Funny old game football.

So then, we started two up the front again, looked good doing it too, and have, it would seem, found an alternative to the rigid previous system the manager employed, whether it was working or not....good stuff, pleasing to see that he will use differing systems, makes us more flexible and harder to beat.

Thats good news for us and rather ominous for the rest of the league for next season.

It's funny isn't it, only a matter of a few days ago, our nearest rivals were talking about bettering their goal difference and closing the gap, to make the match at Stamford Bridge a title bout.
    Not only did we increase the lead, but we bettered OUR goal difference over them.

....and so thoughts now focus on the Cup semi-final.
    I really can't see Mourinho changing too many things, perhaps none at all.
    Cech being injured will probably be a non factor as I have a sneaking suspicion that he would have started Cudicini anyway.
    Geremi has played his way into the team, Gallas has probably locked down his coveted center half spot and if Del Horno can figure out how to bend the ball around the defender, he'll be a steady player at left full untill Bridge comes back (hopefully).

Drogba is bang in form, as is the whole team really.
    What 'seemed' to be missing for the past few weeks, 'seems' to have come back again.
    Perhaps we just needed a good kick up the arse from United to get it into gear, perhaps it was just the tactical and player changes that Mourinho has made.

Probably a combination of both in the end, so, I guess we should actually thank United for managing to do what we've done a few times this season, in putting a multiple game winning run together to spur us on.

At the end of the day, we responded to the pressure and strided even farther ahead of them.

Well done United!

14. soccer_stallion32

soccer_stallion32 New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Essien scored a dandy today and overall had a pretty decent game.

About the second goal that pretty much sealed the game, Why in the hell was like half of the Everton box just plain empty and no one was covering Drogba?? Just because he is standing on the outside of the box doesnt mean you dont need to mark up on him. the guy just sprinted in and had a free header, what the hell was that all about??

Also though it didnt really make a difference Joe Cole was robbed of a goal as there was no way there was even a hint of offside in aything in the build up of the play and the fact that Joe came from behind the ball makes me wonder what the hell the ref was thinking?? Perhaps he thought one of Drogba or Crespo were active? but still that doesnt explain it either

Anyways congrats on the title guys, but was it ever really in doubt?

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ah, but does that really matter? ;)

16. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Incidentally, with this result we're now the highest scoring EPL team again.

18. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11
    oooohhhh....chelsea champions again eh!

Who cares! newcastle is getting back to form.

Man U is starting to put it together, Arsenal quite possibly be the second straight english club to win the CL, albiet, at the cost of the league.

However, Chelsea once again is loading up with more talent. However! Next season should be well again since the other EPL big clubs are finally getting over their mental thing against yous.

Anyway, Newcastle United, CL spot next season for sure.

19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    The last of the games to catch up on, phew.

Started a little slow today, but the goal really did well for us. Carsley being sent off really ended the game for Everton.

Cech- 6- made a nice save on the one good chance, hurt himslef by not coming off the line
    Del Horno- 7- a little better today, crosses should have been better
    Gallas- 8- excellent as ever
    Terry- 8.5- feck he is good
    Geremi- 7.5- solid again, Ferreria better shape up next season
    Maka- 8- he is fecking good too
    Essien- 8- starting to settle in, nice goal for the lad
    Lamps- 8- good goal and nice passing, coming back at the right team
    Crespo- 7- useful and created space and chances, should have passed but shot instead... well I wouldnt pass to Robben either
    Robben- 6- his diving is embarassing, please play J. Cole, SWP or Duffer instead
    Drogs- 8- another strong performance, perhaps I will be eating my words by seasons end

subs
    J. Cole- 7- looked lively when he came on, robbed of a legitimate goal
    SWP- 7- lively and useful, looks like he has a point to prove
    Cudicini- 7- deserves a 7 cause he is Carlo

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    not according to Arsenalnet, I mean soccernet

This game at Highbury was the first of a tricky looking run-in that would be daunting without the pressures of relegation hanging over them and Robson's decision to start with just one up front suggested his chief objective initially was to contain the most deadly attacking side in the league.

21. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11
    oh yes...aresenal and chelsea...eternal rivals... :rolleyes:

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Hit refresh. ;)

23. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Hopefully our mods will start to enforce this new measure. :D

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    man oh man, what a god game to watch. Finally, Chelsea is playing like they need to. So, what's the difference? Is it 2 forwards or Billy in the middle with Terry? Essien, who knew he can shoot the ball and Drogba, well, he sures silences his critics. Robben in the middle, ehhhhhh, i don't get it. Red card on Carsley, too harsh, a yellow would have been fine with me. We could have scored more, but 3 will do.
    I'm very happy MANU won, as i want to win at home against them in 2 weeks. Go Chelsea!:)