4/13/06: Pringles

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by The Blind Pig, Apr 13, 2006.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody, be sure to rep The Blind Pig.

He's doing it for the kids.

2. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    Ya know. There's just GOT to be a happy medium between Clash, Wiz, Burn and FC, Real, 1836.....

I mean, it's a nickname for crying out loud.....Pick something local that doesn't suck.

3. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wish North America had a standard for naming sports teams that had been around for more than a century that could guide them...

4. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    Why is the Chicago Fire such a successful name? It's American, and hearkens to a historical event of great importance to the city. I don't understand why teams can't find something of importance to the city, and name the team after it. (I like Dynamo for Houston, but knowing their city badge, with a picture of a huge fricking locomotive, I thought Locomotive Houston would have been pretty cool--oh, I'm pandering again--but at least Locomotive has a tie to the city...)

5. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Ouch.

Weird Science - KC Star

I’ve talked with Bruce and the national team doctors,” Conrad said. “Basically, they said they know what I can and can’t do. They’re going to monitor my progress and take it from there.”

6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I know it's been said over and over again, but dadgummit... SLC friggin' treats RSL like an NFL team. Kudos.

Kudos, kudos, kudos.

(talkin' 'bout the Red bull article.)

7. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Chicago Fire is a good name because the team has been successful and built a connection. You could name a team the Limp Biscuits or the Moldy Socks and as long as they won a championship in their first year, people would accept the name and threaten anyone trying to change it.

8. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You can't imagine what it would be like if we could actually win a few games! ;)

I'm telling you - if we'd got the SJ franchise instead with a competitive team, it would be unbelievable... Salt Lake isn't savy enough to MLS to know it doesn't matter if your team wins or loses - they keep treating it like a regular pro sport... where the results on the field impact the number of people in the stands.

9. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.

As an SJ fan, my heart goes out to you.

<grrumble>